Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:52:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] CIPHERMINE.B1 - a virtual corporate bond with a 22% fixed-fiat APR  (Read 27522 times)
woodrake (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

So there was no pre-announcement? That's a shame Sad

I did not pre-announce it since the security was live (ie. you could place trades) for at least 24 hours before I issued the shares. Many people had already got orders in at 0.01 BTC and I didn't clear those down. I probably should have shared that thinking here though, sorry!

Kate.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Progressive

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:33:33 PM

Ehm.  Sad

Will the first tranche be isssued as soon as the asset is approved, or will be there any notification (e.g. 24h before start)?
I would be happy to pre-announce it, and that seems like a fair approach. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kate.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:31:11 PM

Ehm.  Sad

Will the first tranche be isssued as soon as the asset is approved, or will be there any notification (e.g. 24h before start)?
I would be happy to pre-announce it, and that seems like a fair approach. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kate.

since only looks like 40,000 were released (I only got 1000+, I wanted 5000+) any chance of a publicly announced further release. or have the floodgates closed completely?

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:09:38 AM

So the dividend is .0033btc per bond? Am I correct in this notion?
carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:47:46 AM

So the dividend is .0033btc per bond? Am I correct in this notion?

The figure is in euros I believe.

Keep clam & hodl on
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:08:16 AM

so .0033 in euros? Seriously? So the dividend is actually like BTC0.00003576? Wow. Well nevermind then..lol.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

I assume you will continue to pay out these bonds privately?
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:43:59 PM

I assume you will continue to pay out these bonds privately?

I note that Kate has indicated that since she is only committed to looking after the interests of "major shareholders" in her operations, she recommends that "those of you with a small number of shares...take what you can over the next week...ie. [sic] sell them...":

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4582.msg46464.html#msg46464

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
Progressive

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:53:30 AM

Because the discussion about the future of CIPHERMINE.B1 is conducted in litecoinglobal forum (https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4582.msg46579.html#msg46579) I would like to quote (I added the bold font):
Another option is a forced buy-back of shares at the weighted average of the original issue prices (ie. 1.62 LTC/share), but we don't have the necessary funds to do that in reality. Further, what funds we do have (mostly from the Avalon refund) I am more inclined to offer as a discounted, or possibly forced, buy-back of CIPHERMINE.B1 (the bond issued on BTC TC). At least 50% of the bondholders are investment funds who will likely want their money ASAP; I can't see how their funds can survive this unfortunately.

So the issuer contemplates the possibility of repaying only a portion of the loan without any interest. I hope that it is just a bad brainstorming and not an intention to ignore the contract.

As Deprived elegantly worded in the litecoinglobal thread:
I have no intention of trying to put pressure on you to to anything that the contract doesn't oblige you to do : a deal's a deal and it isn't your responsibility to adjust your plans in a manner adverse to your own business to help me out.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:08:14 AM

The bonds have a face value for a reason, there should be no talk of discounting that.

BTCT/LTCG's closure does not affect their regular business operations (unless their business operations happen to require regular dilution of shares to stay afloat...)
supermono

Activity: 194

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:32:55 PM

The bonds have a face value for a reason, there should be no talk of discounting that.

BTCT/LTCG's closure does not affect their regular business operations (unless their business operations happen to require regular dilution of shares to stay afloat...)

+1
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:40:58 AM

+1

+2, all other bond/fund/stock operators are considering a move to either BF or Havelock, so there shouldn't be any discussion of closure or hostile buybacks, as this hasn't affected the underlying business whatsoever
GreenDefender

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:19:23 PM

+1

+2, all other bond/fund/stock operators are considering a move to either BF or Havelock, so there shouldn't be any discussion of closure or hostile buybacks, as this hasn't affected the underlying business whatsoever

+3 i am wondering me why Kate is publishing news of procedere only on LTC-GLOBAL and not on BTC-TC where bonds are listed.
Btw a listing on BitFunder (or Havelock) will be best way for all .... i believe in Ciphermine
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:23:42 AM

+1

+3 i am wondering me why Kate is publishing news of procedere only on LTC-GLOBAL and not on BTC-TC where bonds are listed.
Btw a listing on BitFunder (or Havelock) will be best way for all .... i believe in Ciphermine

Well CIPHERMINE itself is only listed on LTC-Global.  What happens with the bonds will logically follow on from whatever happens with CIPHERMINE itself.

I'm one of the largest holders (either largest or 2nd largest) of these bonds (on behalf of DMS) so obviously I'm as concerned as everyone else with what will happen.  What I DO know is that Kate IS actively looking at various alternatives - there's a private sub-forum for LTC-Global issuers where various discussions are ongoing.

So whilst I can't give you any actual hard news (as, to the best of my knowledge there isn't any) I can, hopefully, reassure you that at least Kate and her team ARE actively looking into and discussing various options.
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:07:09 PM

How come every other asset manager has come out with definitive statements as to how they will respond to the BTC-TC shutdown but you have yet to do so?
woodrake (OP)

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 10:22:32 PM

How come every other asset manager has come out with definitive statements as to how they will respond to the BTC-TC shutdown but you have yet to do so?

I have made statements but on CIPHERMINE's litecoin forum thread and Litecoin Global news page rather than here. I am giving a full update tomorrow along with the dividends. Unfortunately I have been extremely busy this week (I'm getting married a week today and had a board meeting and my PhD viva last week) so the announcement of closure has come at a rather bad time!

Anyway, the headline is that we shall continue to pay interest/dividends regardless.

Kate.

junkonator

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:10:32 PM

Between all the CIPHERMINE threads on litecoinforum and here I still haven't found a definitive statement on what will happen to non-"major shareholders"' of CIPHERMINE.B1. This is important to many people cashing out on DMS pairs, as a percentage of the proceeds is paid in CIPHERMINE.B1.

Will CIPHERMINE.B1 be traded on the exchange you're creating?
Will the dividends be sent the same way you tested with the CIPHERMINE sendmany experiments?

I note that Kate has indicated that since she is only committed to looking after the interests of "major shareholders" in her operations, she recommends that "those of you with a small number of shares...take what you can over the next week...ie. [sic] sell them...":

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4582.msg46464.html#msg46464
alincoln

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:04:32 AM

Does anyone know if dividends been paid last Sunday?
HowlingMad

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:00:58 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 12:56:49 AM by HowlingMad

Does anyone know if dividends been paid last Sunday?
No, I did not get a dividend either.  Kate and company were supposed to be paying divs per a 'custom' utility but have not seen anything either.I stand corrected.  I received the dividend but it was hidden with a bunch of other 'traffic'.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
alincoln

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:02:35 AM

If you go to CM's topic on litecoin.net, you'll see the custom utility was used to pay CM's dividends, but the bond was forgotten. Apparently Kate is on a honeymoon trip but this is no excuse.

Also I wonder what we'll get in BTC when she finally pays since BTC has appreciated considerably against EUR since Sunday.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: