Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VIDEO DEMO] C.A.T. Cryptsy Automatic Trader (Old Topic)  (Read 47584 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:38:52 AM

Okay. Thanks!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adeel06

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:18:48 PM

Why is there a limit set to the amount of BTC you are allowed to use per coin at below 1 BTC? I wanted to be able to make large trades with CAT, is there going to be a change to this?

-Adeel
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:20:57 PM

Why is there a limit set to the amount of BTC you are allowed to use per coin at below 1 BTC? I wanted to be able to make large trades with CAT, is there going to be a change to this?

-Adeel

I will remove in the second beta.
It was a "check" to prevent some mistake by the users during input values.
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:02:14 PM

ETA for the second beta ?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:43:16 PM

I Don't want to tell 1-2-3-X weeks because i can work on C.A.T. only weekends, and this things have priority over cat : Friends, Beer, Soccer.
I Will try to tell something next weeks if i work on C.A.T. this weekend.
And there's the new XPM market to implements

Adeel06

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:36:06 PM

Sampey,

Does that mean that the 10 people who already paid for CAT will have to pay again for the second beta? Thus far, I have not made any significant amount of BTC and I think this is because of the Limiter that is set at <1 BTC, because if we were making larger trades, than I think that the program would be able to more easily earn greater profits.

-Adeel
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 09:39:00 PM

Sampey,

Does that mean that the 10 people who already paid for CAT will have to pay again for the second beta? Thus far, I have not made any significant amount of BTC and I think this is because of the Limiter that is set at <1 BTC, because if we were making larger trades, than I think that the program would be able to more easily earn greater profits.

-Adeel
Based on all the posts in this topic I would say the 10 people who bought it will be updated. But I'm not Sampey, so I don't know for sure. Roll Eyes

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
donyll

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 09:39:40 PM

That limiter is also affecting LTC trades.  Can't go over 1 LTC.
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:30:44 PM

Sampey,

-Adeel

Saying the limit is the reason for lowered profits isn't really true. It's based upon other people buying the coins themselves. Place more ping pongs to increase total order.
Adeel06

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:57:20 PM

Yes but if I had 1 coin invested and the increase was 1 percent than I made .01 btc, yet if I had 100 btc invested than I would make 1 btc. So yes, it does make a difference, a drastic one.
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:59:50 PM

Yes but if I had 1 coin invested and the increase was 1 percent than I made .01 btc, yet if I had 100 btc invested than I would make 1 btc. So yes, it does make a difference, a drastic one.
but if you had 100 BTC invested, then to get the 1 btc, you'd have to have someone purchase the coins that you were selling.

If i sell 1 coin at 1 bitcoin and 100 for 100 bitcoin, yet I can only sell one coin overall, i still make the same either way, regardless of the money I've ploughed into it.
Adeel06

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:03:46 AM

Thats a given... and it does not change what I am saying. If a market exists, then in the long term it would be more profitable. I dont think there is even an argument.
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:14:22 AM

As i said 100 times, who bougth the first beta will get the second beta for free.
donyll

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:58:31 PM

Hey guys,

Quick update on my experience so far with CAT.

After 26 hours, and funding it with about 1 BTC and 20 LTC.
BTC: Cumulative Gain 0.04563764
LTC: Cumulative Gain 1.76766662

It's a good start, but I also have a coin that is down 40%, and some that are down 20%.  If I were to sell those right now, it would wipe out any gains I have made.
I guess I'll just wait and hope those coins go back up in value.  This isn't the fault of the bot though, it's doing what its supposed to.
Adeel06

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:16:58 PM

Thus far I have made only .13 on CAT with BTC and LTC combined Sad. It seems I don't know how to effectively trade with it, it's stressing me out, I wish Sampey would give an explainer!

-Adeel
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:09:24 PM

Thus far I have made only .13 on CAT with BTC and LTC combined Sad. It seems I don't know how to effectively trade with it, it's stressing me out, I wish Sampey would give an explainer!

-Adeel

Ok time to break the silence.

Same here.
I think C.A.T is great and is not the problem, its just the volume of trades happening.
Not enough people trading on Cryptsy, lots of people using the site as a chat room, boasting and bragging, planning, scheming, dreaming, lying and cheating. There is also some kids on there that like to use the site to get together and pretend to be astronauts or spacemen or something. But nobody trading.

When people do trade the one problem I do find with C.A.T, is it wont stack an order on top of another persons order. So if you are running an algo on say Zeta or Quark, and every successive buy and sell is already filled by a trader, C.A.T wont/is unable to put an order in, and you will lose out on some nice profits if the price is rising and you cant get back in. (particularly annoying when you have been running that algo for a couple of days solid!)
Also if you have a few threads running on the same coin, and C.A.T is the only noticeable bot running, it will repeatedly leapfrog its own orders, and battle with itself, further lessening profits.

^^ these issues I hope, and think, will be addressed in the next release. After all this is only the first release and is to be expected.

Altogether C.A.T is a great program, and is not to blame, only the volume of trades occurring.

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:38:43 PM

What were you guys expecting? It would make you rich over night? You will retire off the funds you make from cat? I mean it is a bot and obviously it is doing what it is suppose to , you were expecting too much from it Cheesy
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

What were you guys expecting? It would make you rich over night? You will retire off the funds you make from cat? I mean it is a bot and obviously it is doing what it is suppose to , you were expecting too much from it Cheesy

Well Sampey got rich overnight...

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:11:16 PM

It was just a toy to play with for myself, although some of the other guys might of thought of it another way and spent a larger percentage of their overall holdings.

I hope your comment above gives you a great deal of satisfaction, self gratitude and an overwhelming feeling of well being, yourself knowing that some of the buyers may feel they have lost out on this.

However it is early days for C.A.T and Cryptsy and I'm sure things will improve.
Adeel06

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:23:32 PM

The sad thing is, that I bought my Bitcoins on mtGOX and ended up paying

$326 for a measly return. I've been using it for a week straight and it hasn't gained me next to anything. I wish there was something we could do to help give Sampey the advice he needs to allow it to make money for his customers at least. Beta 2 shouldn't even have an auction, it should be given to the people that paid for Beta 1 and lost hundeds if not thousands of dollars in "Iampingu"'s case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: