Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 2 gold rings for BTC  (Read 686 times)
Xyver (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:14:01 AM

I have two rings that I've been trying to sell, so I can have some cash to buy a BTC miner!  So why not sell them directly for BTC?

You can see them here, no sense writing all that information twice.  Both are 14k gold.

White gold with 1 carat Tanzanite: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/jwl/3994979683.html

Yellow gold with 0.26 carat alexandrite, and two 0.02 carat diamonds: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/jwl/3994978103.html

Make me an offer I can't refuse!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:57:02 PM

I have to say, the yellow gold ring with the two diamonds is very pretty. Looks like it would make a nice engagement ring.

Though I just want to say, I think that Bitcoin mining has about lost its place. It's overmined, in my book. My mining investment is not doing all that well. If I were you I would keep the rings, or sell them for Bitcoin and keep it as Bitcoin.

But, I am a miner and it's in my interest to see less people mine, so there's that. I do mean what I say and unless you can pick up a decent miner for very, very cheap, I would be quite hesitant, personally.
Xyver (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:49:42 PM

I've done my research into mining, don't worry.  I see it as more of a hobby then a moneymaker, so if I lose a few bucks, oh well.

I've also been sitting on these rings for a few years now, I bought them when gold was cheap, hoping that they'd appreciate in value.  So selling these, and getting Bitcoins, is just trading one investment for another in my eyes.
Xyver (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:37:48 AM

Bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: