Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those who have invested in bitcoin when it was 18k-20k$  (Read 2014 times)
Loveydovey04 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:03:40 AM

I have a friend who bought bitcoin during this peak season. When the bitcoin price was 18-20k USD. Now he is sad and disappointed seeing that the current price has dropped to 50% and more and he is afraid he is going to lose all. In short he lost his hope and faith in bitcoin already. Has anyone here did the same as he did? If you did invest in that amount what did you do to your bitcoin, did you sell it or still holding it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:12:16 AM

I have a friend who bought bitcoin during this peak season. When the bitcoin price was 18-20k USD. Now he is sad and disappointed seeing that the current price has dropped to 50% and more and he is afraid he is going to lose all. In short he lost his hope and faith in bitcoin already. Has anyone here did the same as he did? If you did invest in that amount what did you do to your bitcoin, did you sell it or still holding it?

If your friend is not stupid, then he will not sell his bitcoins now. Read various topics on the forum, everyone says (and I think so) that you do not need to sell it and the price will still reach new heights and your friend will change his mind. Rest assured.

azguard2

Activity: 106
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:42:30 AM

It would be good for him to hold if he is not so desperate for money. Probably price will go down little more then it will be rally for upcoming next big rush so called. Probably your friend is more the disappointed but tel him that something similar happen when price from 200 went to 1200 and then fall gain and now look what happen last year. Everything have some path and believe me this bitcoin will again go high.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:47:54 AM

If you want to recover your capital try to invest now because price is lower, and i'm sure it will surely recover your losses before. I'm not a master in this kind of business but i have a few ideas on how to invest in a proper time and way to avoid losses. We all know that in this kind of business, we cannot determine on how price being move up and down, but for sure, please don't invest when price of bitcoin is in the top or higher because it will result into multiple losses.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Zertoshi

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:50:44 AM

HODL!
I need a decent BTC/USD price and not to spend too many of my free BTC for purchasing my next sportcar (a Koenigsegg, this time).
So please hodl, you'll make someone happy Cheesy.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:51:19 AM

I don't have this experience but my friend did and as far as I know, she cut loss his bitcoin and sell it when the price is down at $14k and I heard that she buy bitcoin again when the price is at $10k and after that, I am not talking again with her. I think she will hold her bitcoin until the price increase again and I suggest to her to calm down for a while. I hope that she follows what I explain about this dip and I hope that she can get her money back later.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
1Dev

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

there has been crashes in the past in bitcoin he should hold the coins safe in the future we will see more price rise,  
I know people who bought right up to the peak then trade the short market and double up on the way down.  
Coins and Hardwork

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:53:44 AM

Then I guess your friend do not know how to read the price chart and what to do when something like that happens. You are his friend, I think if you give him some good advice you'd keep him or her from buying at those price. But yeah, that happened and I think let's just make that a lesson for our actions next time.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

He should still hold it since Bitcoin price still got potential to grow in the next coming years and he will profit by the time.bitcoin soars above 20,000$ again. He will just regret it more when btc rises again. If I were him, I would do what I recommended to him since it is the wisest move I can take. I am sure that now he learned to not buy at all time high since gaining profit when buying in an ATH is harder.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:15:39 PM

It is stupid to buy Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency available on the market on its all time high (it will hardly grow and expected to drop anytime) but he is more stupid if he will sell all of it right now, selling when you lose huge amount in trading or investing will not solve the problem, selling will just make it worst. If I did invest on the price range of 18-20k USD and the price falls to $8000, I would rather hold it for a long time until it recovers, I don't care how long. But he should've sell it and cut his loss when it already drops 10-15% because that's the safest way and use that money to re-buy on the dip.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:39:59 PM

It is stupid to buy Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency available on the market on its all time high (it will hardly grow and expected to drop anytime) but he is more stupid if he will sell all of it right now, selling when you lose huge amount in trading or investing will not solve the problem, selling will just make it worst. If I did invest on the price range of 18-20k USD and the price falls to $8000, I would rather hold it for a long time until it recovers, I don't care how long. But he should've sell it and cut his loss when it already drops 10-15% because that's the safest way and use that money to re-buy on the dip.
This is a very good strategy. But bitcoin for a long time looked very attractive. It's got a lot of random people. They do not believe in bitcoin and do not know how to trade. For them bitcoin is a magic coin that always makes money. They spread panic. Now they will lose their money twice. Once bought for $ 18,000 and sold now. The second time when bitcoin will return to their positions and again they will buy coins at $ 18,000. I feel sorry for them but that is the reality.
Tanaudi04

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

I'm not the one who jump in to the bandwagon when the Bitcoin is in the level of 19k USD. But I have friend that I told him to hold momentarily his plan to invest in BTC because that time it was so high and broke the resistance level of BTC. He did not listen and right now he lose more than half of his accounts. Greed really hurts in cryptomarket.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:49:08 PM

If your friend is not stupid, then he will not sell his bitcoins now. Read various topics on the forum, everyone says (and I think so) that you do not need to sell it and the price will still reach new heights and your friend will change his mind. Rest assured.

Harsh but I agree. given that he invested on it alot, it would be such a waste and bad move to sell it now just to try and gain back some of his capital. I mean, if he invested in that amount, and in comparison to the amount now, that's half a loss of the amount he invested, therefore, you can't actually count that as a mitigating move to lessen his loss. I think, like the above-stated reply said, the best move at this point is to hold and wait out on this Bitcoin dump, and when it surges again and gains its strength back, then he may try to hold it some more for profit or at least trade it to other assets that could have better chances of a quick profit.

ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:11:30 PM

Investment is taking risk, one must know and understand that before planning to buy bitcoin and hold it for either short or long term. It is normal at some point that we incurred loses, that's part of the game, but if you are really a wise investor seeing how the value of your investment drops so bad you must not panic and sell them right away and instead keep holding until it has recovered or else you will regret your decision.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:45:06 PM

Investment is taking risk, one must know and understand that before planning to buy bitcoin and hold it for either short or long term. It is normal at some point that we incurred loses, that's part of the game, but if you are really a wise investor seeing how the value of your investment drops so bad you must not panic and sell them right away and instead keep holding until it has recovered or else you will regret your decision.
It is really risks when we invest in bitcoin and you have bought it at a peak price. It is necessary that we should know how big is the risks in putting our money into cryptocurrency. It is volatile so in this case better to hold than selling at this losing phase.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:56:16 PM

I heard someone also bought at peak season but his not disappointed because he know that bitcoin will go higher than 20k$ but he need wait. Tell your friend that don't worry bitcoin will go up again if that happen its possible that bitcoin can double the price last year.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:58:24 PM

I have a friend who made an investment if bitcoin when it was around $16K and now he is literally disappointed with the negative figure. However, when I explained him about Bitcoin, he told me that he is willing to hold it for the long term so at this stage there should be no worries for those who have long-term vision/investments. However, $20K was the artificial milestone and I am sure most of the reckless investors have learned about price moments during this chaotic environment.
Ann Impas

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:14:13 PM

I also purchase when it was around 16K and it's really frustrating. Well the lesson is, you should just really invest an amount that you are willing to loose just in case bade things happen. But I'm sure it will recover soon.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

It happened to a very special friend who got excited because bitcoin price was so high.  He likewose lose hope on bitcoin and other crypto.  I just told him that is is part of investing to this kind of investment.  He even said that he should have not tried investing in bitcoin.  He evn lose a good amount.  He really do not want to invest in bitcoin but got interested because of the price.  What he did to his btc?  Just keep them and he told me he did not mind it anymore.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:22:52 PM

Buy high, sell low!
If he will do that for sure there is 100% of losses to his investment. Why did he buy during peak season? That is badly move when it comes in cryptocurrency but it already happened and we cannot return his mistakes. If I were his friend I will say to him that he hold it till the price will move up and he gain profits even in slower price but he can wait till bitcoin fluctuate and the price will doubly as what he just buy before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: