Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those who have invested in bitcoin when it was 18k-20k$  (Read 2013 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:25:20 PM

I have a friend who bought bitcoin during this peak season. When the bitcoin price was 18-20k USD. Now he is sad and disappointed seeing that the current price has dropped to 50% and more and he is afraid he is going to lose all. In short he lost his hope and faith in bitcoin already. Has anyone here did the same as he did? If you did invest in that amount what did you do to your bitcoin, did you sell it or still holding it?

He already risked the money. If he sell at a loss and then the price rebounds, he'll be even more disappointed. He's already in, might as well stay.

That is just an opinion though. If he thinks he really need that money else where, then cash-out. It's really a choice between reducing loss or having the possibility to still make a profit later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

I have a friend who bought bitcoin during this peak season. When the bitcoin price was 18-20k USD. Now he is sad and disappointed seeing that the current price has dropped to 50% and more and he is afraid he is going to lose all. In short he lost his hope and faith in bitcoin already. Has anyone here did the same as he did? If you did invest in that amount what did you do to your bitcoin, did you sell it or still holding it?

The only thing he can do right now and wise thing to do is to hold his bitcoin than selling it just because of value is dump. The only thing that is decreasing is the value not the amount so when the time of bounce back he will have his investment back. Patience and faith will be the key.

di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:51:42 PM

yes, it is really quite sad and very shocking that the Bitcoins price really drops. But then, be positive at all that it will still recover and be much higher these coming days.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:11:21 PM

Bitcoin is not for the faint-hearted people as the ride is really akin to the rollercoaster. Of course, it is normal to get sad since we are actually talking here of the money being invested but one has really no choice but to hold to what he got and then hope that soon Bitcoin can be able to make a big comeback. The idea of hodling on will surely not be easy at this time but taking a good loss may not be the best choice either.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:36:48 PM

I also made some investment during those time that bitcoin value reaches $18000, but I don't feel any regret now after having this dump in bitcoin price for I believe that as long as you are holding your coins and not making such panic selling mode you still have the opportunity to earn more than your investment. We just have to give faith to our investments.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:48:36 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 12:33:15 AM by ivanst776

Do not panic man, money comes and goes, still say relaxed.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

A lot of stupid people did that. So many users warned people who were just new to bitcoin at that season if they don't know how to profit even from losses, aka a smart trading strategy. Now regret your stupid decision.
Markets are dry Cry

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:03:02 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:05:54 PM by filharvey

Already your friend has done a wrong thing by buying bitcoins at the high peak and at least he should not do another wrong thing by selling them now at such a low price.

Actually the previous price rise was very unimaginable and its a little bit doubt that whether we could reach that ATH soon for another time.But we could still say confidently that bitcoin price would atleast rise to some extent.So,just ask your friend to hold his bitcoins to atleast minimize his losses.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:25:53 PM

Many have bought BTC at the all-time high, so no need to get depressed, he is not Alone who has done this mistake.
Tell your friend not to sell any of his Bitcoin now. Its time to buy and HODL. if he can take some more risk, then ask him to buy BTC now at this price so that he can able to average the price to $14-15k. Then it would be easy for him to make the profit out of it in short span of time.
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:26:41 PM
Merited by gatti (1)

I think your friend get into bitcoin at the peak price of bitcoin.Now the price of bitcoin is reduced to bottom.If you are sportive person, advice your friend to hold the bitcoin.This price is not a maximum value of bitcoin reached.I think this is the minimum value reached after a month.So just hold the bitcoin.

hunterWood

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:29:35 PM

But how much did he buy? Was it a whole Bitcoin, or say .2 and so on?
hunterWood

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:31:50 PM

If your friend is not stupid, then he will not sell his bitcoins now. Read various topics on the forum, everyone says (and I think so) that you do not need to sell it and the price will still reach new heights and your friend will change his mind. Rest assured.

The only thing is that if indeed it goes higher, there's always going to be that disappointment of buying at 19k, instead of 7k. All that negative emotion for just a few thousands. And then there's no certainty.
hunterWood

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:34:00 PM

I don't have this experience but my friend did and as far as I know, she cut loss his bitcoin and sell it when the price is down at $14k and I heard that she buy bitcoin again when the price is at $10k and after that, I am not talking again with her. I think she will hold her bitcoin until the price increase again and I suggest to her to calm down for a while. I hope that she follows what I explain about this dip and I hope that she can get her money back later.

I'm curious to know, seeing your ranking, did she get into it because of you? Did you advice her to? Because I would just die if I told someone to buy and then all this happened.
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:36:50 PM

I understand the emotional state of your friend, but rationally should prevail in this activity. Let it not fall into despair and continue to hold, the price will go up. Well, to buy on hayah, too, is not necessary)
Rulelies

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:37:09 PM

I will advice that your friend holds his Bitcoin. It is very disappointing to when you know that you could have gotten a better deal with just some little patience. He should encourage himself with the fact that it will rise. Sooner or latter. He should not begin to fell any regrets just yet.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:16:37 PM

A lot of new people have appeared on that growth, people which never heared about bitcoin, but saw it as a potenital investment this groups are really afraid about dumps on the market that's why we can see that market went down because of the price drop and news which came out about bitcoin restrictions

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:20:14 PM

Fear is the worst enemy in the crypto world. If he bought the BTC on so high price at that point it is meaningless to sell now because when the growth will start he will regret his actions. BTC will rise again when this situation that is suppressing the cryptocurrencies will be resolved. Patience and holding are the key factors right now. He must not be so eager to sell right now. In this kind of the situations most of the traders are panicking and after the conclusion of the certain situation, they are panicking even more because they had made bad moves.
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

I have so many friends that invested into btc at that period and now they are suffering, but not any of them sold any of their portfolio because it is obvious that it will rise again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:34:47 PM

If your friend worry to lose money or needed some of them now, I can suggest him 2 ways, how he can resolve this problem. First he can split his btc on some parts, you said that he bought btc at 19,000$ - 20,000$, right now btc worth ~8,500$, so like 17 parts (500$ as step)  and he should sell part by part on every step while bitcoin will dropping with this he will get middle result on the end. Second, like most already said here, he should stop panic and just hold them till btc will not back to 20,000$+.
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

That was a bad experienced he had, buy at $18k and it goes down now at $8.5k. I will suggest him to buy now while at lowest price to recover the loose. If the price will stabilize at $12k he has gain from his second investment while waiting to hit the price a new all time high.
These will be too risky but quite effective for me. Just need patient and hold as long investment.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: