Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:56:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50+ merit rewards  (Read 778 times)
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:53:56 PM
Merited by di.ako.toh (1)

Hero and Legendary members of this forum have a high number of sendable merits maybe they send it to one of the posts because the post of that one he has merited has really contributed and helped him in his/her transaction let us analyze first before we make an assumption and build up a possible conclusion because we might damaging the reputation of someone without proper evidenced.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:57:18 PM

I posted to suggest another possibility. Human nature manifests itself in a variety of forms. Smiley

I believe the answer is to restrict merit awards to a maximun of 2 at a time, or possibly 5, but certainly no more than that.
It would  impact in two ways,
    Good Impact : It would stop users from sending fake merits as 50 for single line posts.
     Bad Impact : It would allow shit posters to do more one line posts so they can get multiple merits points by their fake senders.This would indeed increase shit-posting on the forum.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 02:23:35 PM

Bad Impact : It would allow shit posters to do more one line posts so they can get multiple merits points by their fake senders.This would indeed increase shit-posting on the forum.

Those posts are to generate sig views, rather than to earn merits in my opinion. The answer to that is stricter moderation.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:17:02 PM

I posted to suggest another possibility. Human nature manifests itself in a variety of forms. Smiley

I believe the answer is to restrict merit awards to a maximun of 2 at a time, or possibly 5, but certainly no more than that.
It would  impact in two ways,
    Good Impact : It would stop users from sending fake merits as 50 for single line posts.
There are still some cheating gaps that can be done, but if we can be selective and also watch over I think it can be reduced. I have seen a lot of events and this proves that the level of merit buying is still found. Indeed we should not think negatively and should think that it is the appreciation that is gained when there are others who feel helped. But clearly for me a post shit is not worth it to get merit. So it can be said that every post that gets merit points should be supervised and investigated about the truth. If it can be applied and there is a real action then we will be able to further reduce scammers and spammers in this forum.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

If merit abuse becomes prevalent, I can see a time when the awarding of merits will require a short message of justification, and that will slow down the whole process. Maybe this could be introduced for all awards over a small number - say 2.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:41:24 PM

Look at this Turkish circle jerk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2895261.msg29766601#msg29766601. They wasted a ton of merit on his useless trash.

Any translators?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:24:11 AM

Look at this Turkish circle jerk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2895261.msg29766601#msg29766601. They wasted a ton of merit on his useless trash.

Any translators?

Why you need translator now, when you already make up your mind that "They wasted a ton of merit on his useless trash."

I am alive
angrygroceries

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:08:43 AM

After watching the "highest merit replies", I've noticed that a majority are in local Turkish or Russian topics, other languages are non existent or rare. Also, the comments that are given +50 merit, are usually some one liners. Has anyone looked into that or..?
If you found someone please report them in a topic with meta here, i do believe there are TONS of people who came from turkey and russia here are ready to help you figure those posts out are cheating or not for sure. If they're cheating, permanent ban will be the punishment.

▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲ TRAXIA ║ A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE ▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲
══════Winner of SLUSH SHANGHAI 2017 EDITION  Technology by CARDANO  Invested by EMURGO══════
▲▼▶▼WEBSITEWHITEPAPERANN THREAD TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER TOKENSALE▲▼▶▼
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:43:11 AM

They are doing it until they get caught, wait for the time when DT members will reward them with negative trust or they will be banned by forum staff or administrators.
BTW don't worry Staff already knows about this issue.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

Is that supposed to be a joke?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:40:01 AM

Is that supposed to be a joke?
You can take it as a joke but it isn't.
How is this even possible that being a staff member(suppose) i am unaware of the problems roaming around the forum?
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:05:40 PM

Mostly this are people who are negotiating with someone who are in badly need of merit points because their nearing on ranking up which is why they are really in deep need of merit points. Which is why if we found someone abusing the merit system like doing something like this we should immediately report this to the moderators, but before we do such things make sure we gather enough evidenced because we might actually damage someone's reputation in the forum even though they are innocent here.
But negotiating for merit is not allowed, because giving merit was depending on the quality of post you been made. Sharing and giving merit as exchange of anything was so annoying, because more users are still continue posting with good quality but the others are earning merit due to fraud. Moreover you have a point we can easily report to the moderators the people or users who abusing merit system.
Buying, sharing, exchanging those are kind of cheating to gain merits, all we need is a knowledge, informative and quality posts. Just try to expand our knowledge regarding posting and don't depends to the traditional way of making posts. Because most of the users are looking for the posts when they are get a lot of information.
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:13:03 AM

This is definitely needed. Merits are limited and there is huge competition for merits. I think merit sources are aware of the fact that they need to spend merits carefully. But members are sending in bulk.
ariieep

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:57:27 AM

I found some new topics that speak the same but in different threads, should we make one trhead just to be easy to find. for example creating a thread containing a special report of the point smerit. so after giving smerit just report onthe thread.is this a good plan, please consider. thanks.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:18:01 AM

all systems updated by the bitcoin forum are just for our good. so the problems that occur from the use of merit system is not good. we must report it.
thank you Smiley Wink

King Pajeet

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

That would mean the 57 members who get sMerit every month would need to find loads more quality posts to get rid of their merits in time.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: