Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC Countdown for Shipment  (Read 5293 times)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:45:15 AM

I could hire a van and take a roadtrip to Sweden.

Enjoy Swedish beauties, have a nice weekend and on the way home, pick up some lovely gals...I mean miners.

Maybee we could find a couple of 1ste day dutchers for i combined pickup.
I also looked to go by car just a few minutes ago. Only 14 hour drive.

But my girlfriend is about to explode (not because i mentioned beatiful swedish girls but to give birth to my daugther).
She does not like me to go out of the Country at this crusial moment  Undecided

Take her with you.  Try not to drive across many railroad tracks though...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:45:37 AM

Why is this counter set to midday Tuesday ?  Is this supposed to be a "week 1" delivery counter

This, please fix it.
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 10:00:10 AM

Why is this counter set to midday Tuesday ?  Is this supposed to be a "week 1" delivery counter

This, please fix it.

I set it to Tuesday October 1st, but okay I turned back the clock a day and set it to midnight Monday Morning...Although its a crapshoot at this point for day one orders to go out the door that day....maybe I'm totally wrong (hopefully)

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:43:19 AM

This, please fix it.

I set it to Tuesday October 1st, but okay I turned back the clock a day and set it to midnight Monday Morning...Although its a crapshoot at this point for day one orders to go out the door that day....maybe I'm totally wrong (hopefully)

Why? Then it's incorrect. The deadline is the end of September, is it not?

Which is Tuesday at Midnight. Monday is the 30th Sept, Tues is 1st Oct, thus the deadline occurs as 23:59:59 30/09 --> 00.00 01/10.

Sunday night/Monday morning is not the end of September.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

This, please fix it.

Why not just set it to midnight Monday 30 September to Tuesday 1 st October GMT (BitBet time, one hour later than Stockholm time)?

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:04:21 AM

Which is Tuesday at Midnight. Monday is the 30th Sept, Tues is 1st Oct, thus the deadline occurs as 23:59:59 30/09 --> 00.00 01/10.

you still believe, that KNC fulfill what they promised and deliver 1st day miners until end of September?
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:25:20 AM

you still believe, that KNC fulfill what they promised and deliver 1st day miners until end of September?

I would count picked up and hashing as delivered.

For the bet terms (which I think are good terms to actually determine if KNC did deliver in terms of time) I count Orama and me on standby and Blastbob, gr0bi42 if they announce it before Monday.

If Day 1 is Sunday and Day2 Monday then CYPER could get one too. That would make 5. Otherwise one more for pickup is needed (for the terms).

Chefnet

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:28:31 AM

who said that day 1 and day 2 are send in 2 days? for my opinion it means only first production and second ...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:29:50 AM

Mate, I have a day one order, if they deliver at anypoint next week i'll be happy. In any case if they are being assembled by a third party/outsourced production house then the script with all the customers asking for delivery by courier is in their hands now. You can't have someone refund if that order flow cannot be changed and they both receive a miner and a refund, it would be a logistical nightmare, and yes, i'm sure at least someone will try to scam the manufacturer. If the goods do not arrive, or they try to scam, that's another story, in any case if they have all done a runner i'll know if i'm standing on my lonesome in Stockholm (I doubt they would build datacentre by hand, that would be super elaborate- I don't even know why i'm entertaining this thought)! In anycase it appears they have moved office from last time, as I have been given a different address, and they said it was a new office, not a production facility, which I doubt would be in Stockholm.

Xialla i'm not sure what your motive is, you're a customer, that seems to want to encourage as many refunds as possible, and as I said before, even if you do succeed in that, do you honestly not think if, and when, the product is proven no one else would snap them up? Instantly?? There will be no dormancy if they prove a working unit, especially if it's better than promised.

FeedbackLoop

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:39:46 AM

You can't have someone refund if that order flow cannot be changed and they both receive a miner and a refund, it would be a logistical nightmare, and yes, i'm sure at least someone will try to scam the manufacturer. If the goods do not arrive, or they try to scam, that's another story, in any case if they have all done a runner i'll know if i'm standing on my lonesome in Stockholm (I doubt they would build datacentre by hand, that would be super elaborate- I don't even know why i'm entertaining this thought)! In anycase it appears they have moved office from last time, as I have been given a different address, and they said it was a new office, not a production facility, which I doubt would be in Stockholm.

Xialla i'm not sure what your motive is, you're a customer, that seems to want to encourage as many refunds as possible, and as I said before, even if you do succeed in that, do you honestly not think if, and when, the product is proven no one else would snap them up? Instantly?? There will be no dormancy if they prove a working unit, especially if it's better than promised.

But Xialla's post wasn't about refunds.  Huh

Mate, I have a day one order, if they deliver at anypoint next week i'll be happy.

I wouldn't be happy if they deliver later than promised.  I see no reason to not expect promises to be kept especially when I and many others payed a non-trivial sum in an exponential, time-dependent market and spent time counting on those promises.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:53:35 AM

But Xialla's post wasn't about refunds.  Huh

Sorry that's my bad then. I've just spent a few mins catching up, and they are in the other thread, and have been for a while. In any case I think it will tough to deliver them before Monday. Tuesday perhaps, if they are overnight and leave on Mon. Pick-ups could be possible if people can make it late notice and they have miners ready over the weekend/Mon. Again, I don't have scooby what their situation is, but i'll find out more tomo. I would like to see people win the bet, I'm competitive and it would be a shame to see it come down to inability to have people pick-up in person if needed last minute on Monday. I personally don't have any money riding on the bet though, I just enjoy the banter.

donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:58:18 AM

Again, I don't have scooby what their situation is, but i'll find out more tomo.

Hi, can I ask that when in Stockholm you try and determine what the likely distribution of deliveries over time will be? I have an August order and would love to get a rough idea of it's delivery date...

Could I also ask that you try and convince Sam and Co. that they open up their order books like Hashfast have done:

https://hashfast.com/order-chain/

I think it makes for a much more transparent and fair market place where customers can make informed decisions. See BFL fiasco for motivation :-)

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:15:49 PM

Mate, I have a day one order, if they deliver at anypoint next week i'll be happy.

I wouldn't be happy if they deliver later than promised.  I see no reason to not expect promises to be kept especially when I and many others payed a non-trivial sum in an exponential, time-dependent market and spent time counting on those promises.

See, this is the part I don't get. This ain't personal, Feebackloop, you just hit my WTF threshold on something I see a lot of people posting here and on the main KNC thread.

The way I see it, the biggest part of the exponential jump in difficulty is based on KNC this month. It was Bitfury last month, and will be again in october, along with KNC. If KNC is a few days late, the way I see it, the only people harmed by it are those who gambled on bitbet on KnC's side, and to a small degree, Knc themselves. (because if they are a few days late, they are still ahead of every other asic vendor out there so far except bitfury). As long as they deliver the product, a few days delay will not affect YOUR ROI any differently than them shipping on time, or to a negligible amount.

Unless you actually think BFL will fill their backlog in the next 5-10 days... If you do, any of you, PM me with how much you're willing to bet on it. I need money.
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:21:51 PM

See, this is the part I don't get. This ain't personal, Feebackloop, you just hit my WTF threshold on something I see a lot of people posting here and on the main KNC thread.

The way I see it, the biggest part of the exponential jump in difficulty is based on KNC this month. It was Bitfury last month, and will be again in october, along with KNC. If KNC is a few days late, the way I see it, the only people harmed by it are those who gambled on bitbet on KnC's side, and to a small degree, Knc themselves. (because if they are a few days late, they are still ahead of every other asic vendor out there so far except bitfury). As long as they deliver the product, a few days delay will not affect YOUR ROI any differently than them shipping on time, or to a negligible amount.

Unless you actually think BFL will fill their backlog in the next 5-10 days... If you do, any of you, PM me with how much you're willing to bet on it. I need money.

BFL?Huh What are you talking about?  

I would prefer not to derail this thread. This is about KNC fulfilling their schedule or not. Not about BFL (again, wtf? BFL?) nor ROI considerations.

Simple enough?

Instant EDIT: OK, ROI considerations are important because they connect with the time of delivery and the exponential I mentioned.  That is exponential not because of BFL. BFL will be irrelevant from now on and no sane person would even consider them as a variable.  

KNC made promises, lets see if they deliver on them. If not they should tell everyone as soon as possible.

-Redacted-

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:28:31 PM

You really don't get what he is saying at all, do you?
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:29:26 PM

BFL won't fulfill their backlog, but they are affecting the network hashrate on a daily basis with their (slow) deliveries. Mining reward per device is front-loaded and everyday lost is a potential lower difficulty reward also lost.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

BFL?Huh What are you talking about?  

I would prefer not to derail this thread. This is about KNC fulfilling their schedule or not. Not about BFL (again, wtf? BFL?) nor ROI considerations.

Simple enough?

Sorry. It's 6ish AM here, I just got up. That was way more rambling than I intended. Now I've had a cup of coffee.

What I was asking and trying to illustrate, is why do so many of you care if they are a day or even a week late, as long as they deliver? It's a black eye for them, and for the "yes" side of the bitbet, but overall should not have much effect on your mining. Because KNC is the prime mover this time around in the projected rise in difficulty. If they are slightly delayed, so is the rise in difficulty.

As for the BFL, that was just a dig at 'em. If anybody is foolish enough to take THAT bet, I want a piece of the action Smiley

I personally think that KnC is likely to miss by a day, but they very well could make the conditions of the bet, if they have ten or so units ready to go on monday and a few people picking them up in person. As I've mentioned before, I have no skin in the game. That being said, I want them to succeed. This is the horse I would have backed if I'd been able to raise the cash.

EDIT: Missed your instant edit Tongue
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:34:12 PM

BFL won't fulfill their backlog, but they are affecting the network hashrate on a daily basis with their (slow) deliveries. Mining reward per device is front-loaded and everyday lost is a potential lower difficulty reward also lost.

True. But the major rise, if it comes, will come from KnC delivering (this round).
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:37:15 PM

And if punin isn't joking about being ready to start shipping October orders shortly after the frist of October, it's going to be an interesting couple of weeks, difficulty increase wise.  It may be BF and KNC...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:39:59 PM

And if punin isn't joking about being ready to start shipping October orders shortly after the frist of October, it's going to be an interesting couple of weeks, difficulty increase wise.  It may be BF and KNC...

I missed that. Buzzdave's last thing seemed to imply the end of october. Ahh, the chinese curse Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: