Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't you think that merit system is like avoiding new comer in Bitcointalk?  (Read 417 times)
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:51:58 AM

How is the merit system for avoiding new comers? More like for avoiding spammers, shitposters, and account farmers. People used to rank up really quickly even with little to no knowledge. Now you actually have to post useful and good stuff to be awarded with merits; and I really don't see the problem with that. To be honest earning merits isn't even as hard as I thought it would be. You'd only need to be worried if none of your replies are given merits by people(because obviously, your posts might not be good). It's only survival of the fittest. If you have this problem, STUDY.

Also, you don't need to have merits for Jr member. You only need merits to get Member and above.

Everything that mjglqw said is true. The merit system wasn't made to burden lower ranking members, but instead to motivate and mold them to be constructive members of this forum. I really think that when you're joining forums such as bitcointalk, it is your duty to post something informative and interesting and not just post anything that does not make sense. This situation just solidifies the fact that you should be doing your duty as a responsible member of this forum. The merit points is just for recognition to those who are truly showing their effort. So if you want to receive some, work hard and it will definitely pay off sooner or later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:12:32 AM

Part of the problem is that the beginners board appears not to be moderated, and therefore it is difficult for new members to participate in discussions to learn about Bitcoin. As a result of this, they turn to other boards, and they start threads like "what is Bitcoin? ". This turns other members away from those boards, and thus it is difficult for posts to be noticed.

I beieve it would help new members if they were restricted to a welcome board, and the beginners board until they found their feet in the forum. Of course this is only true if those boards were moderated for the benefit of new members.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

You can say that I am a new member here. Though I became a Member with default 10 merit points given in merit system, I am doing good even after it was introduced. After, I started submitting posts here, I have got merit points everyday. Good thing is that I still get merit points for posts made a week before. And believe me I have no connections here, I am just learning more about the forum operates. You can also earn merit points provided you observe closely.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:38:35 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3), LoyceV (1), chris200x9 (1)

I am very worry about new merit system. This is like killer rules for newbies like us. As i know that if somebody gives merit rating only then our rank will grow. Without getting merit from someone we can't rank up from jr member. So, who will give us those merit rating? Is this rules for avoiding new comers in bitcointalk? I am truly feeling too bad.  Cry Cry

Do not worry about merit point system, if you are a worthy person, you will surely get the points of merit point system.

And to answer your question, this is some statistic that i gather on my thread, there is an interesting fact about low rank member upon this merit system

As you can see from the yellow box at the right, low rank member is the most rank that is affected by this system, but some of them are happy and agree of this point and some dont but the number is bigger on the agreement of this system. This mean that some low rank members are a positive person and wont leave forum just because of this.
If you want to check my thread you can come to here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822349.0

(i use a lower resolution for the graphic, the original one is on my thread)
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:45:23 AM

This new system requires everyone not just the newbies to have a quality and constructive post, something that can contribute to the forum and help other people with their queries. I think this will have a positive effect on the forum as there will be no spammers and this forum will serve as knowledge base for cryptocurrency.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:43:49 AM

I think the board is not avoiding new comer in Bitcoin talk, every one is still welcome to this forum, we just want to cut off the spammer and the farmer account, that make this forum messy, take your time and learn, try to help and make useful post, I believe you can get merit if you do that

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:59:55 AM

Many are disappointed at first and I'm one of them but I've come to realize the importance of it and we need to follow for the betterment of this forum. Work hard for you to move up to the next level, that's all I can say.  Wink

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:18:26 AM

I think the board is not avoiding new comer in Bitcoin talk, every one is still welcome to this forum, we just want to cut off the spammer and the farmer account, that make this forum messy, take your time and learn, try to help and make useful post, I believe you can get merit if you do that

Completely agree with you. Actually, the only issue is that new members are comparing their situation with that of old members.
Skuylaruy

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:26:04 AM

Maybe not like that my opinion

The presence of Merit may want to show the quality of Bitcointalk forums, so not much spam etc ,,
In this forum can share knowledge and even share solutions.

I don't think the idea is to avoid new comers .it is to challenge the user to post useful comment that can enhance
 Knowledge  to  the readers.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:51:24 AM

A story which I have read. Long time ago bitcointalk forum has meaningful posts. educative posts, helpful posts.  but time came greedy persons invaded this forum, shitposting everywhere scammers everywhere that is why red flag is everywhere but when the merit feature was implemented by admin theymos. things that have been lost will be renewed by great things to come with the help of merit, scammers, spammers, shitposters, account farmers has limitations so this merit feature is the worst nightmare to scammers, shitposters account farmers, spammers. Then this is a great news to new comers.  Don't worry OP superior knows the best.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:26:02 AM

I am very worry about new merit system. This is like killer rules for newbies like us. As i know that if somebody gives merit rating only then our rank will grow. Without getting merit from someone we can't rank up from jr member. So, who will give us those merit rating? Is this rules for avoiding new comers in bitcointalk? I am truly feeling too bad.  Cry Cry

Depends on that newcomers. If they come here "only" for the money, they will surely cant stand the merit system and will leave the forum eventually. But if the newcomers come to here to find knowledge about bitcoin and cryptocurrency and make "finding money" as their last purpose, they will be fin with it, in fact some of them maybe will embrace the merit system. The main purpose of merit is to fight spammer and shitposting, so if a newcomer feels merit is hard and bad for them, maybe because they are the spammer or the shitposter.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

I joined this forum in November 2017 and most of the merits in my profile are earned after merit system. So this forum welcomed a new comer like me with open arms I guess.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: