Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steamboat GB batch #2 80 avalon chip with 5 k16 fusion boards 10btc  (Read 915 times)
alfabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:40:47 PM

Hello

Have ordered Steamboat batch #2 (May 11.) 80 avalon asic and have early asambly order (#10003x) paid on June 26 for 5 klondike fusion 16 boards.

Klondike boards are without heatsink, but it can be easily upgraded. Further, shipping is paid $75 for Intl Express for EU. (that can be reangared into buying heatsink).

I will give account credentials to the buyer where he can change shipping address. Further I will email Steamboat with signed message for changing shipping address (he gave that option to do only once). Billing address can stay at my name, so Steamboat understand what is going on.
Further, I will be availiable to sort eventual issues until delivery to the new owner/buyer.

News is that on wednesday (4.Sep) bitsyncom will receive 400k chips and start to deliver.

Bidding start at 9 btc

Incriments 0,20 btc

GB link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.0

Liquid Synergy Design Inc (steamboat company for assambly service)
http://www. liquidsyndesigns.com/

Think that transfer to the new buyer should be easy process.

With regards
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alfabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:31:35 PM

Lowering to price for all $1200 paid in btc (mtgox last price).
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:34:49 PM

BTC3.5

alfabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:01:09 PM

BTC3.5

Thank you for your offer but its too low.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:15:53 PM

How will u sell this if steamboat is refusing any communication to his customers ? (im one of them)
I'm curious, im not trying to troll or anything.
alfabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:42:38 PM

How will u sell this if steamboat is refusing any communication to his customers ? (im one of them)
I'm curious, im not trying to troll or anything.
Yes I am aware of that. Steamboat gave an option to change shipping address to chip orders with e-mail and signed message request. He just wont escrow it. Further, on stemboat site there is billing and shipping address what can be changed. Billing address can remain on my name for SB verification purposes and will change only shipping address. I would also give login details to the new buyer and be availible trough all process.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:29:02 PM

thanks for explaining, as i said before, i was curious  Smiley
west77

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:27:12 AM

From an outsiders POV I have to say that you are all handling this quite well.  I have shown up on this thread a few times looking at chips that somebody was selling and if I could invest in them based on the customers that SB has, I would.  Sadly, the chips were overdue the first time with no explanation, the next time the chips were being held in customs (at that point with no end date in site) and as of now, I feel that I may as well just wait until the product actually comes out (there will be people who want to sell it to recoup some of their costs when it actually arrives.)  With that said, I have read almost the entire thread now.

Again, from an outsider looking in, SB had done a fairly good job until recently.  The design looked good, the assembly process looks like it will be quality and I honestly believe that he will likely get them assembled at a record pace once the chips arrive.  If I had chips and an order with him I would still be fairly comfortable, though anxious.

Regarding the latest controversy and the refund... It would have been far better for some communication to have occurred.  I am pretty positive that there will be people who want their refund (especially those who bought bare chips.)  I would think there will be bare chips out there soon at a reduced price and if I had bare chips I would probably hedge my bets with a refund request and an eye on the market section.  With that said, I do not know that there is a major panic (yet.)  The other group buys were able to get their refund lists put together mostly in a matter of two days.  Providing that the process starts at the beginning of the work week, there is still time.

From somebody with no vested interest I would have loved to see some responses from Steam Boat.  The sale thread that lead me here was posted by somebody with an early batch order.  Even a response from him clarifying whether the boards will be assembled based on assembly paid date or which chips arrive first would be helpful to anybody thinking of buying one of these orders.  (Right now with the speculation that Yufi may ship the later batches first it adds yet another uncertainty to a perspective buyer as well as making it very difficult for present customers to decide on asking for a refund or not...)

Well, that is it for now.  I sincerely mean it when I say "best of luck to each of you."
west77

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

Well, I love this, posted in the wrong thread and there is no delete button.  I apologize Alphabitcoin- this was never meant to land here as I did not want to influence the sale.  I suppose at least I included a number of positive impressions of the buy you were involved in...  If I could take it down I would (and if I were going to buy from any of the assemblers / orders it would have been Steamboat's- that is the reason I followed that thread...
Sorry again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: