Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Crypto Investors To Pay Tax Of Up To 55 Percent On Profits 😱  (Read 123 times)
qqwx (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 456
Merit: 14

https://bit.ly/2ULYQsr-Bounty-Telegrm- @qqwx11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:54:18 AM

A lot of profit given order from National agency.
News published on cointelegraph.
Japanese cryptocurrency investors will pay between 15 and 55 percent on their profits declared on their annual tax filings this year, Bloomberg reports Thursday, Feb. 8.

The Japanese National Tax Agency had already ruled “last year” that capital gains on transactions of virtual currency are considered “miscellaneous income,” Bloomberg writes.

That's really shocking.

cogent.tolik

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:45:27 AM

Pretty big tax when paying 55% of the profits. But 15% is not very noticeable.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:48:56 AM

I don't think 55% is what everyone would agree on ..since it's more than the income that they are earning !.
It's insane ..
I don't know who gave them this idea but I don't think anyone would accept it.
Government sometimes makes bad decisions and its not compulsory that we need to accept it..
I do think that people must stand against it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
qqwx (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 456
Merit: 14

https://bit.ly/2ULYQsr-Bounty-Telegrm- @qqwx11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:14:20 PM

Pretty big tax when paying 55% of the profits. But 15% is not very noticeable.
Yes, I also think its so big amount of profit.
But if the news true, its so sad. So, its not good decision of national tax team.
Yes, then 15% not very high.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:33:11 PM

Absolutely! There are tax slabs. Not everyone will have to pay 55% tax. Also the percentage of tax is on the profit amount and not on the entire holding. Only people with annual earnings of 40 million yen ($365,000) will have to pay this staggering amount. Otherwise the tax slab starts from 15% which is pretty manageable and lower than many other Asian countries. I feel sad for the rich investors though because 55% tax amount is just too high. But considering Japan is one of the most progressive nations of the world, will keep the door open for further discussion.

This is the first year for Japan to earn on crypto taxes. based on the collection and the feedback from the investors, they may alter the tax rate in future or even change the framework. No reason to panic just as now because Japan is the first country to legalize crypto so we better have some patience before shouting anything false.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:00:59 PM

A lot of profit given order from National agency.
News published on cointelegraph.
Japanese cryptocurrency investors will pay between 15 and 55 percent on their profits declared on their annual tax filings this year, Bloomberg reports Thursday, Feb. 8.

The Japanese National Tax Agency had already ruled “last year” that capital gains on transactions of virtual currency are considered “miscellaneous income,” Bloomberg writes.

That's really shocking.
That's just too much and i think that's the reason why most countries are rather regulating cryptocurrencies instead of banning them outright, they are making some good money out of it and through regulation they can stop things like tax evasion and money laundering.
Cryptalking

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Riding Whales to the Moon!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:02:42 PM

Thats just terrible. In the Netherlands they are charging around 0.9% for amount till 100k and around 1.9% for amounts above that... i wonder where this is going

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:19:53 PM

This is the price we pay for regulations and legalizing. Of course there are different scales of tax percentages, the more you earn, the more tax you pay. That's just fair.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:26:29 PM

How does this compare to tax rates in other areas? I presume it's the same as I doubt the Japanese government is going to create extra tax burdens just for this. It looks like they certainly are expecting a nice windfall from a crypto explosion. That's a whole lot of tax waiting to be collected. Belarus, here they come.
Xbokal

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:29:22 PM

Japan is really into cryptocurrency unlike other countries like china and south korea. I think this is the government's way to increase japanese economy
CisColtz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:29:59 PM

It's still the early ohase of regulations so I think it will go down under 20% because let's be honest , 55% its insane and if may scare the investors and this might result in another crash of bitcoin price.
21millionsbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:38:29 PM

why they left to rest 45 percent they can take rest 45 percent and make in total 100 percent tax on bitcoin profits
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:37:59 AM

This is the first year for Japan to earn on crypto taxes. based on the collection and the feedback from the investors, they may alter the tax rate in future or even change the framework. No reason to panic just as now because Japan is the first country to legalize crypto so we better have some patience before shouting anything false. However, There are tax slabs. Not everyone will have to pay 55% tax. Also the percentage of tax is on the profit amount and not on the entire holding. Only people with annual earnings of 40 million yen ($365,000) will have to pay this staggering amount. Otherwise the tax slab starts from 15% which is pretty manageable and lower than many other Asian countries. I feel sad for the rich investors though because 55% tax amount is just too high. But considering Japan is one of the most progressive nations of the world, will keep the door open for further discussion.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:41:07 AM

Maybe 55% if you have 1 trillion dollars profit. I think now big investors search ways how to fool government

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: