Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy coins list - which one is the best ??  (Read 11510 times)
mrelich (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:12:47 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 11:55:48 PM by mrelich
Merited by borpolev (2), d5000 (1), suchmoon (1), QuestionAuthority (1), InvoKing (1), bill gator (1), The Young Turk (1), mexxer-2 (1), Bolt Brownie (1), bajindul88 (1)

Dear Crypto community,

Because the privacy of transactions is, in my view, one of the most important features that cryptocurrency should have - no one wants Big Brother to look at where, how much, and why you use your money - I tried to make an overview of private coins and their main features. I wonder which privacy coin you see as the best one ?
Also, if I missed any good privacy coin, please write about it in this thread.

ZCash
Zcash uses a new method of cryptographic privacy called “zk-SNARKs”. At the basic level, zero-knowledge proofs allow for a way to prove that the information you are sending to the other party (e.g. the amount of funds) is true, without having to broadcast said information besides the fact that it is true. However, Zcash is not “private by default” particularly due to the inefficiency of zk-SNARKs. Zcash offers the choice of optional privacy - “shielding” is not on by default.

Monero
Monero uses Ring Confidential Transactions to improve privacy and security. By bundling the sending and receiving of public keys with older network transactions, a “mixer” is created that is capable of obfuscating addresses. On top of Ring Confidential Transactions, Monero makes use of ring signatures and Stealth addresses to hide both the sender and the receiver in a transaction.

Dash
Dash is not cryptographically private. Dash promises privacy through mixing, utilizing a modified version of CoinJoin – a method initially created to “anonymize” Bitcoins. Dash functions similar to Bitcoin, in that the blockchain is transparent by default while offering optional privacy by way of mixing. However, the mixing is being done by masternodes and there is nothing preventing these masternodes from logging the user’s output destinations, and there is no way to audit whether or not a masternode is logging anything at all.

Verge
Verge is not cryptographically private. Verge only offers “privacy” by way of Tor and I2P routing, to obfuscate traffic and conceal a user’s IP address when transacting. There are no cryptographic privacy features with regards to the blockchain, the linkability and traceability of transactions and addresses, nor the concealment of the amounts being transacted.

ZenCash
ZenCash uses zk-SNARKS (Private transactions with hidden sender/receiver information) like ZCash, however it has got more privacy features like Domain Fronting (Hides internet connection endpoints to prevent censorship}, IPFS (Publish or access data anonymously via a distributed system) and Secure Nodes. Unlike ZCash, it utilizes DAO-style governance model.

PivX
Pivx uses Zerocoin protocol - Zerocoin transactions (using so-called zPIV coins) exist alongside the PivX currency. The first step is converting PivX into anonymouns zPiv coins. Users then send zPiv to other users (splitting or merging is used along the way). Receiving users then convert zPiv back into PivX. PIVX is also working on implementing with the Invisible Internet Project (I2P), so that the IP address of every PIVX node will be hidden from its peers by defaut.

NAV Coin
NAV Coin is actually two blockchains, the main Nav Coin blockchain and another called the Subchain. When a user wants to send an anonymous transaction, they send the amount of Nav Coin and the recipient’s address to a NavTech incoming processing server. The NavTech processing server creates a transaction of random size on the Subchain and sends the transaction, and the encrypted address of the recipient, to a randomly selected outgoing server. The outgoing server decrypts the recipients address and sends Navcoin, from a pre-filled pool, on to the correct recipient.

And which one is the best for me? ZenCash
Let me know your opinions..

Added on the recommendation of the community:

DeepOnion
DeepOnion is natively integrated with the TOR network and ALL connections are made over the TOR network. Recently, it also supports Obfs4 (protocol on top of the tor network, allows access to tor in the regions that tor is not allowed or banned). Nice DeepVault feature - allows adding file validation credentials(hashes) to the blockchain, can be used to verify a file integrity. More privacy features coming. Good marketing.

SpectreCoin
SpectreCoin is integrated natively in TOR network and it supports masking TOR traffic mechanism (OBFS4). Additional privacy features are zero-knowledge proofs, ring signatures and stealth addresses (they are currently optional but will be made default in Q2 2018). Another nice feature will come in Q2 2018 - staking on Stealth Addresses.

Intense Coin
Intense Coin is a low market cap privacy coin also used as a utility coin for VPN services - a new approach to VPNs whereby peers can offer their own internet connections as encrypted tunnels for interested parties. VPN providers will receive Intense Coin (ITNS) in exchange for their services. Ring signatures are used to ensure privacy - the same technology is used by Monero (XMR). Uses CryptoNight proof-of-work mining algorithm - CPU mineable.

Sumokoin
Sumokoin is a low market cap coin - slightly improved Monero fork (ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize (mixin) of 12). Developers do their job, people talk about it. Aims to be used easily by normal users - they've got easy miner and intuitive GUI wallets.

Electroneum
Electroneum is a Monero fork from autumn 2017. It doesn't have any improvements over Monero regarding privacy, and I haven't found any plans to implement new and planned Monero features since the fork in their roadmap. The Electroneum team seem to be good in marketing and they also concentrate on user-friendly interface. They made a "mobile miner", however the app is just a marketing trick and does not perform real mining – it's only a simulation of mining (distributing premined coins).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tipstar

Activity: 1750
Merit: 278

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:20:42 PM

I think monero is the leader in privacy coin. There's no way to trace back the sending address and every transaction are limited to a unique payment ID between the sender and receiver. YouKnowWho'll never know who sent payments and for what.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

JustusJones86

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:20:35 PM

Did not you forget about DeepOnion? What's your opinion on that project?
Ric8

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:47:56 PM

How about Sumokoin ?
SUMOKOIN is created with a high level of privacy in mind, setting Ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize (mixin) of 12 to conceal sources/amounts transferred and make it high resistance to blockchain analysis.
SUMOKOIN is untraceable; sending and receiving addresses are encrypted, transacted amounts are obfuscated by default. Transactions on the SUMOKOIN blockchain cannot be linked to a particular user or real-world identity.
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:12:27 PM

My two favorites are definitely Monero and NAV. NAV is highly undervalued right now. The tech is far superior to, for example, Verge. Think 2018 will be big for both Monero and NAV!
urbanpixel

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

schneider

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:43:18 PM

Did not you forget about DeepOnion? What's your opinion on that project?

I was just about to ask the same as it falls under the "privacy coin" category. Its technology is built on top of ToR and with the implementation of the OBFS4 protocol all transactions are untraceable and private...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:54:58 PM

Sure this is a nice list of privacy coins. Let me tell you straight off the bat. I own and HODL: Monero, Zcash and DeepOnion all for different reasons.

NAV coin is a joke IMHO, I believe unlimited supply and too inflationary. Seems like a coin made by dreamers for dreamers. They are trying to roll it out to NZ shops but with next to zero success. Not one for me.

Monero is the granddaddy here, high value and good brand recognition. However expensive and not as good as some other newer coins.

Zcash has been in my portfolio for a few months, and have made good returns from it.

DeepOnion is my last one on the list. Free airdrops and much more privacy than the other coins can provide. Think TOR and OBFS4 - so can be used anywhere in the world.  Android wallet coming and now at a bargain price in the market. After airdrops should be listed on biggest exchanges with ease.

Interested to see other peoples rationale behind their investing.
molecularman

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:58:57 PM

Interesting thread.

I have invested in Nav for a long time.  It seems to not move nearly as much as other coins despite doing such interesting work.

Verge essentially uses Tor the way anyone could use Tor when sending a transaction.     Whereas DeepOnion is integrated.  If it isn't connected to the Tor network, you can't use it.   

Of note, they recently upgraded to the newest version of Tor and have integrated OBSF4.     Though I realize for some, that isn't enough to be considered among the likes of the big privacy coins.    However, more privacy features are coming soon.   First DeepSend, a multisig mixer,  and then zero knowledge proofs.

Your signature here
longlivecapitalism

Activity: 966
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:17:41 AM

While all these coins provide certain advantages as far as privacy coins go, I think that you are forgetting about DeepOnion, an up and coming anonymous coin. DeepOnion uses the Tor network to ensure that your transactions will remain anonymous. Moreover, DeepOnion recently implemented the obfuscation protocol named OBFS4 to the official wallet which will help people living in countries with Tor connection problems.

If you're interested to look into it more, I'd recommend to you to read the DeepOnion whitepaper, where the developers have laid out a very detailed plan about the coin's roadmap and its numerous future developments. You can find it here https://deeponion.org/White-Paper.pdf
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:49:13 AM

For me the best privacy coin is still Monero. Being released quite some time ago, it might not have the best tech, but it does what it is supposed to do: hide both the sender and the receiver addresses. Monero is still my first choice just because it is used by many people right now, after all adoption is very important for a coin.
BlinkLink

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:51:23 AM

i think monero is the best and maybe XVG would come in second? but governments will have a big headache about this type of coins existing and they will try to stop its operation.
xiaoxz

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:01:29 AM

I will choose monero, of course, not to say that other anonymous coins are not good, like dash and zcash are also very good anonymous coins, but I prefer Monroe only.
A friend of mine has been casting a Monroe for a long time
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:03:46 AM

i think monero is the best and maybe XVG would come in second? but governments will have a big headache about this type of coins existing and they will try to stop its operation.

And thats the beauty of these coins. Until people would give these token a value, there's no way for governments to crack it down. They can stop it's trading on some centralized exchanges but with the growth of decentralized p2p trading, we are into the new era of cryptocoins now.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 03:05:13 AM

i like verge the most from dogecoindark to verge and still active until now what good on it is you can choose if you want to make private transaction

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:05:56 AM

And thats the beauty of these coins. Until people would give these token a value, there's no way for governments to crack it down. They can stop it's trading on some centralized exchanges but with the growth of decentralized p2p trading, we are into the new era of cryptocoins now.

I have been thinking of investing into Monero for a while now and it is at a decent discount right now. I think over the next week I am going to finally pull the trigger and buy some........
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 03:15:17 AM

Monero is certainly the leader of the privacy pack.

Hands down, for now the privacy part in DeepOnion is limited to the wallet/IP end, not so much on blockchain transactions. But their DeepSend release is imminent, sound obfuscation of transactions on the blockchain will significantly strengthen their privacy package.

Factor in the active and large community and their attempts to achieve adoption (mobile wallets, woocommerce), and you've got a small cap privacy coin destined for growth in 2018
rattle99

Activity: 518
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:31:45 AM

I think Monero leads the pack right now.
Zcash is also useful due to the lower fees.
I think Zencash is also a promising coin for the reasons you mentioned.

But lastly, I think DeepOnion is the one with the most potential to grow. As of now it offers node anonymity since it operates on the TOR network. Even countries like china where TOR usage isn't allowed can use it with OBFS4( TOR obfuscation) which was recently added to DeepOnion. Eventually with the release of DeepSend and Votecentral, it will surely rise to one of the top coins alongside XMR and the others.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:40:15 AM

i like verge the most from dogecoindark to verge and still active until now what good on it is you can choose if you want to make private transaction

I hope no one listens to your shit comments and recommendations. Both those cryptocoins are below average with development teams that only have full stack engineers at best, with no real cryptographers, mathematicians, and true computer scientists.

Only Monero has the best development team after bitcoin's developers.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DU3O

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:59:25 AM

Your list was actually great. However these coins are already in the top 100's. Therefore when it comes to profit, you'll be lucky if you can still make at least 2x of your investment. That's why I am always hunting those privacy coins with lower marketcaps but have the potentials to be on Top someday.

I'm so glad that I found this rare gem DeepOnion. Let me explain why.
I first discovered it here on bitcointalk, because of its trending thread with lots of views & replies, about the developments, news & updates, specially their famous campaign called Airdrop, wherein they are rewarding their holders every week with free onions.

If we talk about technology, this coin has so many features to offer. It has already working product called DeepVault, wherein you can register & verify documents for authentication. It is integrated with TOR Network. Also with OBFS4, that allowing access to those Countries that have TOR Connection problems like China. You can stake & mine this coin (onion) as well. And the latest big news is the upcoming Android Mobile Wallet, that I have a feeling will be release this February. They also have DeepOnion Shop, where you can buy good stuff using fiat or onions Smiley

DeepOnion has a very nice whitepaper & solid roadmap. More upcoming great features like VoteCentral & the most awaited one, the DeepSend, that can bring anonymity in blockchain to the next level. With these information, would you still doubt whether this privacy coin will be on top someday? Smiley
You can confirm it by visiting their website & community, just check my signature Wink
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:12:13 AM

Your list was actually great. However these coins are already in the top 100's. Therefore when it comes to profit, you'll be lucky if you can still make at least 2x of your investment. That's why I am always hunting those privacy coins with lower marketcaps but have the potentials to be on Top someday.

I'm so glad that I found this rare gem DeepOnion. Let me explain why.
I first discovered it here on bitcointalk, because of its trending thread with lots of views & replies, about the developments, news & updates, specially their famous campaign called Airdrop, wherein they are rewarding their holders every week with free onions.

If we talk about technology, this coin has so many features to offer. It has already working product called DeepVault, wherein you can register & verify documents for authentication. It is integrated with TOR Network. Also with OBFS4, that allowing access to those Countries that have TOR Connection problems like China. You can stake & mine this coin (onion) as well. And the latest big news is the upcoming Android Mobile Wallet, that I have a feeling will be release this February. They also have DeepOnion Shop, where you can buy good stuff using fiat or onions Smiley

DeepOnion has a very nice whitepaper & solid roadmap. More upcoming great features like VoteCentral & the most awaited one, the DeepSend, that can bring anonymity in blockchain to the next level. With these information, would you still doubt whether this privacy coin will be on top someday? Smiley
You can confirm it by visiting their website & community, just check my signature Wink

I would say without a doubt Monero, it is extremely undervalued atm it has a great development team with complete privacy. I am also a huge fan of SUMO which is a Monero fork

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: