Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:28:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who bought pumping coins?  (Read 220 times)
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:32:22 PM

From pump and dumps groups only owner of the group will be benefited.

They will use trading bots and pre-buy the coin before announcing in the group.

When others will rush to buy that coin, owner will dump their pre-bought coin at peak price (at buy orders of other newbie traders).
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:37:52 PM

I entered Crypto market for 2 months and usually see the term "pump and dump", and some P&D groups. But i wonder they pump by selling and buying themself, so when price go up, who will buy it for them and they sell that for who???
With Blue-chip coins, someone could buy when it've pumped already because of good news. So with trash coins, who'll buy this pumped coin and why many PP&D group still live until now Cheesy
i will always suggest dont put too much in pump and dump coins. Nowadays there are many projects which dont even have active dev team and mostly disappeared after the airdrops. Different Youtubers pump them and got their share while many lost their money in it. Only some got a good profit from them. After their dump they are mostly dumped forever Grin
Check the ongoing airdrops of DeepOnion. Their airdrops are going best.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:56:29 PM

I entered Crypto market for 2 months and usually see the term "pump and dump", and some P&D groups. But i wonder they pump by selling and buying themself, so when price go up, who will buy it for them and they sell that for who???
With Blue-chip coins, someone could buy when it've pumped already because of good news. So with trash coins, who'll buy this pumped coin and why many PP&D group still live until now Cheesy
I'm glad you knew that PD selfish groups, don't you try to come across nor turn your interest on their useless coins, the only thing that they want is your money to put on a specific coin that they are pumping, wait for the signaling reasonable drooling price that makes their eyes look like a USD dollars then the whole group or bots will sell their coins simultaneously leaving their nesting trap coin dump. That is their common tricks to attract investors and newbies in crypto world.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:43:48 PM

Pump and dump groups most of the time have two layers, they have the leaders that know beforehand which coin they are going to pump and there is the sheep that obey what they are told, the leaders buy the coin they want to pump for cheap prices trying to not make the price rise too much, then they give the signal and the sheep begin to buy then the leaders sell and they get money, most of the time the sheep lose money but if an even greater amount of people get interested in the coin then it is even possible that the sheep earn some money too, it is a scam and you must avoid it.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

I did. Went with the wave and got greedy thinking it will rise more.
I dont regret it though. I still see that certain coin will pump in months to come.
The service is good that is why I got hooked to it. It is just that all altcoins went down including bitcoin itself and ethereum. I will still be waiting for it to be priced at where it should be.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:03:51 PM

You are asking a kinda pointless question.
There are many investors focused only on penny altcoins that are often pumped and dumped.
If there were no penny altcoin investors,the pump&dump method won`t work and no P&D groups would survive.Those investors don`t care about the "trash" altcoins.They care only about the short term profits.
You are actually right they dont really care if the coin is trash but most of those coins being pumped out are those the ones that can easily be manipulated or with low marketcap and entire supply. Pump and dump groups are common and most of them arent small time investors which most of them are whales who do have the capability on pumping out or even dump hard a particular coin as they like.

drachman

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

I did. Went with the wave and got greedy thinking it will rise more.
I dont regret it though. I still see that certain coin will pump in months to come.
The service is good that is why I got hooked to it. It is just that all altcoins went down including bitcoin itself and ethereum. I will still be waiting for it to be priced at where it should be.
It seems you got deceive it is very unlikely a coin that has been pumped and dumped is going to recover the value at which you bought, most of the time those groups select coins with a low market cap and that are very stale in their development, sometimes the best you can do is to accept your losses and move on, since you are not only losing money but wasting time by every second you remain invested in that coin.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:28:27 PM

You don't understand how it works when they pumped the coin, the price starts increasing and if you are online at that point in time you are just wondering how its increasing and the exchange site with statistics will show you how that coin has done in the last 24 hours. People who buy are those who believes that as it is increasing, I can hop in then cash out no knowing that the upward turned is artificial and cannot only be sustained short term.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:18:38 PM

Sometimes I will buy a coin who the price is increase brcause If I see the movements is good,  I will buy it because the price increase more for sure if tou see that and I will make some profit.  But usually I will buy a coin who the price is cheap so we can make more profit because once the price increase I will make more profit.  They have advanatages of buying a coin who pump and dump it's your choice what coin did you buy.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:05:47 PM

Newbies who have an overwhelming sense of FOMO. They see something that's gone up 100% in a day and think it will continue for ever so they hop on in and then they complain when they lose out.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
drachman

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:23:10 PM

Newbies who have an overwhelming sense of FOMO. They see something that's gone up 100% in a day and think it will continue for ever so they hop on in and then they complain when they lose out.
This happens all the time, newbies are too excited when they enter the market and think they can make a fortune in just a few days when most of the persons that got a lot of money have been in the market for years, then when you try to give them and advice telling them it is not easy they always tell you a story of someone they know that invested in some coin and became rich very rapidly, so when that happens I just let them do as they please, they are going to regret it sooner or later.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: