Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:56:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XNA Miner for Xbox 360, PC, Windows Phone, and more!  (Read 1518 times)
Generalkidd (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:41:21 AM

While still under construction, I'm currently working on a Bitcoin Miner based on C# XNA. Most of its code is based off of lithander's Minimal C# Miner. This is an XNA port of his mining software. It should be compatible with the Xbox 360, Windows Phone, PC, Zune HD, and any other device that supports XNA (may require other software such as Mono). A lot of work needs to be done still, but I have managed to port the code to the point where it builds without error. However, since XNA obviously doesn't support Console output, most of the output code will have to be ported into XNA's Draw() method. Because of that, the structure of the code will have to be changed quite a bit in order to accommodate the structure of XNA. Here is a link to the source code:

https://github.com/Generalkidd/XNAMiner

Some people may have extra smartphones lying around and XNA is able to use the phone's GPU for a bit of accelerated processing. Plus, the Xbox 360 is a well optimized machine that's still capable of pretty decent graphical performance. The point of all this is you have all that extra computing power lying around when it could be put to good use. Plus, XNA is supported on Windows PC's anyways, so it'd still function as a standard desktop miner.

This miner currently does not work as the port is incomplete. I'm just putting the project and source out there now for people to check out and perhaps help contribute to it. If anyone wants to contribute, that would be greatly appreciated. I will continue working on this as best as I can. Any donations/contributions are also greatly appreciated (13PhXo1Shg2X7XhpicT2f8HcocrsXry2av)! Thanks for the support, hopefully we can make a great cross-platform Bitcoin Miner!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: