Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple starts to conquer the world from China  (Read 10013 times)
AmazonStuff (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:28:50 PM

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjAzMzE3Nzg0.html

I think it's a good strategy, China is a huge potential market for XRP. Currently, it's pretty complicated for Chinese people who live abroad to send money to their relative's in China and Ripple seems to be the right tool for that job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 03:34:42 PM

Actually whoever invests in ripple now is making a huge mistake.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Nigeria Prince

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:36:26 PM

Ripple is by far the best currency.
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 03:40:39 PM

Ripple is not just a alt-coin, it's a payment system that makes easier for people in countries with rigid bank regulations to move their money, so I really think that OpenCoin made a good move, it's like they asked me for advice Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:15:49 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 04:35:20 PM by LaudaM

Ripple is not just a alt-coin, it's a payment system that makes easier for people in countries with rigid bank regulations to move their money, so I really think that OpenCoin made a good move, it's like they asked me for advice Cheesy
meh, my country is never gonna allow something like ripple.
GL in other ones tho  Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:17:53 PM

I don't like ripple just because it's closed source and 'premined' in a sense.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:24:24 PM

r3fXia41tSrGawBEQLaCRa49n6YwjWXV2b

okay still waiting for some giveaways Cheesy

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:25:08 PM

I don't know, OpenCoin is working fast to make Ripple open-source, it's currently their first priority.

According to https://ripplecharts.com/markets RippleChina trade volume in the last 24h is 392,345,613.01 XRP, OpenCoin representatives are talking that their "federation protocol" is capable to very rapidly enable millions of people to make Ripple payments.
Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:31:46 PM

Ripple isn't an alt-coin. Ripple is only a payment system (like paypal and others), but based on peer-to-peer system.
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:32:30 PM

meh, my country is never gonna allow something like ripple, I've made this sure with my dad.  Cool
GL in other ones tho  Cheesy

Actually, there are already two official Chinese gateways:
1. RippleCN
2. RippleChina

http://www.xrpga.org/gateways.html
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:34:35 PM

Ripple isn't an alt-coin. Ripple is only a payment system (like paypal and others), but based on peer-to-peer system.

Ripple IS alt-coin (XRP) + payment system (Ripple network)
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:35:56 PM

Those 2 are the main problems with it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:49:17 PM

Those 2 are the main problems with it.

I don't have a problem with it, they are serious and transparent company, it's clear who they are:
https://opencoin.com/

OpenCoin is backed by investors like Google Ventures, they are working hard on open-sourcing Ripple and their team is constantly growing and communicating on their forum:
https://ripple.com/forum/

Also, I haven't seen in the past any kind of pre-mined coins misuse by OpenCoin, they release XRP via giveaways and donations.

For me, Ripple is a future internet financial eco-system, if it succeed it will probably overgrow bitcoin, but I don't see them as a competitors, I see them more like complementary tools.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:54:37 PM

They aren't "working hard" at open sourcing it.   The code exists, you release it with open source license .... TADA it is open source.

Ripple is simply bait and switch.  Ripple has no good mechanism to handle fradulent servers so they won't open source it.  Of course saying that means it is a DOA so they will let it linger on with the bait of open source.   It has been years and it is no closer to being open source then when initially promised.  In a couple more years once it has enough marketshare it will morph to "an open network" which is marketing for closed source but anyone can obtain a license to run a server.   OpenCoin will issue and revoke licenses of peers to ensure that only compliant ones exist.
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:31:21 PM

They aren't "working hard" at open sourcing it.   The code exists, you release it with open source license .... TADA it is open source.

Ripple is simply bait and switch.  Ripple has no good mechanism to handle fradulent servers so they won't open source it.  Of course saying that means it is a DOA so they will let it linger on with the bait of open source.   It has been years and it is no closer to being open source then when initially promised.  In a couple more years once it has enough marketshare it will morph to "an open network" which is marketing for closed source but anyone can obtain a license to run a server.   OpenCoin will issue and revoke licenses of peers to ensure that only compliant ones exist.

Well, who can determine are they working hard or not?

What I know for sure is that OpenCoin recently hired Nikolaos D. Bougalis (Senior Software Engineer), his full-time job is open-sourcing Ripple, read about it here:
https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3557
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:36:17 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 06:42:47 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Once again the CODE ALREADY EXISTS.  They don't need to "work hard" to release it as open source.  They just do it. They could do it in all of 5 minutes if they wanted to.  Over a year later and they haven't .... that means they don't WANT to release the source code.

Ripple will never be open source.   It is just the bait to build the network.  Once it is large enough there is little reason to open source it.  Does a lack of open source hurt PayPal?  OpenCoin's entire business model has been to own all the coins, give away some, and sell of the rest in the future.  If Ripple is open source it can be cloned and the cloned version can have the "premine" removed.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:08:20 PM

Once again the CODE ALREADY EXISTS.  They don't need to "work hard" to release it as open source.  They just do it. They could do it in all of 5 minutes if they wanted to.  Over a year later and they haven't .... that means they don't WANT to release the source code.

Ripple will never be open source.   It is just the bait to build the network.  Once it is large enough there is little reason to open source it.  Does a lack of open source hurt PayPal?
This.
OP you're an obvious Ripple supporter. Most likely Ripple will never be open source. It takes a few minutes to make your code open source, not a few years.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Ripple will never be open source.   It is just the bait to build the network.  Once it is large enough there is little reason to open source it.  Does a lack of open source hurt PayPal?
This.
OP you're an obvious Ripple supporter. Most likely Ripple will never be open source. It takes a few minutes to make your code open source, not a few years.

Yes, I'm a Ripple supporter, why not?
I have invested a lot in btc, I also invested in Ripple. I spend a lot of time doing research about Ripple and when I was sure that it's safe, I invested in it.

First, I shared a wide spread opinion that it's a fraud, but after I did some more research, I found that it's a safe and a good investment. My money is in Ripple for about 5 months and they didn't scammed me. I don't want to promote Ripple, it's OpenCoin's business, but I think that Bitcoin community is unfair about Ripple.

There is a reason why Ripple code is not open-sourced yet, they want to make code more secure, before they go with it in public. Part of the code is publicly available, part is not. For me as a Ripple investor, it would be a disaster if they release the code to the public, before it's a double-checked and with security holes, so I don't have a problem with Ripple not being open-source at this moment, I have patience, it's still beta.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 07:06:21 PM

Centralized, premined, and closed source. Shifts around debt rather than actual value. It would be completely dead if it wasn't leeching off bitcoin, like some sort of parasite.

Shame on you for supporting such shit.

AmazonStuff (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:25:18 PM

Centralized, premined, and closed source. Shifts around debt rather than actual value. It would be completely dead if it wasn't leeching off bitcoin, like some sort of parasite.

Shame on you for supporting such shit.

I don't have nothing to be shamed about. It's my decision and my investment, it's my business where I will invest or not to invest. As much as you have the right to have your own opinion, I have the right to have my own opinion. It's best for everyone that both sentiments are heard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: