Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with multi signature wallets  (Read 147 times)
akhilsh6896 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:00:49 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 10:23:19 AM by akhilsh6896

Name some top trusted multi-signature wallets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:55:10 AM

Bitpay/Copay, and GreenAddress, I believe.

Depends on the number of co-signers you want, but you should do 2-2 or 2-3, so not everyone's private key is needed in case a cosigner loses their private key.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:05:17 PM

Do you mean multisig for the 2 factor authentication or just normal multisig to have multiple parties required for a transaction to be validly signed?

For the former, you can use Electrum with the TrustedCoin service. BitGo also offers a similar thing.

For the latter, you can use basically any modern wallet software. This includes Electrum, Armory, Bitcoin Core, etc.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:16:38 PM

If you aren't specifically looking for multi-sig wallet, but for safe wallets i can just recomment a hardware wallet (Either from Trezor or Ledger).
Those Hardware devices will require a second approval of your transaction (By confirming amount on their screen and pushing a button).

If you are looking for a multi-sig wallet because you want to have several partys hold the keys, i would suggest electrum (https://electrum.org/#home).

Also, anything important so that I don't lose my money? Thanks.

Trust noone.

And dont have 2 private keys (from a 2-of-3 multisig wallet) laying around on your PC. This would destroy the whole purpose of having multi-sig and would leave you extremely vulnerable.

Double check addresses everytime.. and backup your seed.. several times.. but NOT digitally.. just written on paper. Don't take any screenshots with your mobile or something like that.

Then you should be fine Smiley

nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:24:44 PM

Name some top trusted multi-signature wallets to store cryptocurrencies? What should I know about them?

1. Armory (Desktop Wallet) - Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux

The benefit of this wallets it that it provides to the user's full control of their private keys without relying on Armory and third-party servers. Users can create multi-sig addresses with the Lockboxes.

Here is the link to armory official download site: https://www.bitcoinarmory.com/

Here is also a youtube link on how to make multi-sig Armory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5E3WQjSB6w
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Electrum (Mobile/Desktop Wallet) - Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and Android.

Electrum is similar to Armory because it supports the cold storage and multi-signature features. Many traders are using this wallet because it is one of the oldest and it has the very good reputation. Anyone can run a Bitcoin node with electrum because it is open source released under MIT license. Integration of third-party hardware( Ledger, Trezor, Keepkey) is also possible.

Here is the link to Electrum official download site: https://electrum.org/#download

_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Copay (Mobile/Desktop Wallet) - Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Chrome Extension, iOS, and Android.+

A benefit of this particular wallet is that you are in charge of your private keys and there are no hidden third party servers. It is unique because it provides test nets both for Android and iOS.

Here is the official link for downloading Copay: https://copay.io/#download

BitGo (Web/Mobile/Desktop Wallet) - Web/Mobile/Desktop Wallet

This is one of the most powerful wallets because it powers exchanges like ShapeShift, Kraken, BitQuick, and UnoCoin. Bitstamp, BitBay, Bitfinex. The multi-sig addresses can also be integrated with the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue.

Link to official BitGo site: https://coinsutra.com/

Coinbase (Web Wallet)

This wallet is also called a hosted wallet because the Coinbase controls your private keys on your behalf. It also provides a hosted multi-sig wallets in which you can control your own private keys (a small percentage of traders knows this information).

Link to official site on which can you download Coinbase: https://www.coinbase.com/home

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:43:04 PM

Name some top trusted multi-signature wallets to store cryptocurrencies? What should I know about them?

Personally,I recommend you to use greenaddress wallet:
size: you can download it from chriome web store (less than 5 MB).
fee: You can edit them and segwit address.
security: PIN, mnemonics/mnemonics and passphrase and wo-factor.
/*private keys are not stored, mnemonics are encrypted and stored locally*/
I've used it for a long time The only problem I've encountered is the connection with the hardware wallets

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██