Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:03:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk Management  (Read 2009 times)
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:37:57 AM

Hedging and diversification.

While diversification is a good thing in most markets, in the Crypto markets it's really not so. If you are to buy bitcoin and 100 other altcoins and bitcoin crashes 50 percent, the other coins are probably going to go down a shit-ton too. So one 'sector' of crypto is to have problems or crash, most of them are going to.

We don't really have many industries here, we're not like the real stock market.

Agree that crypto tends to go up and down like sheep in the 'boat' but I'd still say diversification within crypto is still positive for risk management.   This month was far less bloody than it would have been if I was btc heavy only instead of heavy in both btc and eth.   Add to the fact that the underlying tech involved is fairly varied across the various coins so that means pos or neg news involving the good or bad of any particular tech is more likely to affect the relevant coins more directly as opposed to a crypto wide effect of such news.   A flaw in Tether likely won't bring down the price of Cardano for example in layman's terms.

sent from my X6
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:51:22 AM

I stick to the market simple tips:
1) I do not put all the money into the cryptocurrency
2) fewer doubtful operations based on rumors, as well as beware of any pump groups with huge profits.
3) fewer impulsive movements
4) did not manage to sell in time - wait

Well, as Buffett said "If you can not watch how the market falls by 50%, then you are not here! "
Clark13

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:07:05 AM

Risks are inherent or always there whenever we talked about investment especially Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community. But how do you deal with these risks? What are your experiences or even techniques in managing risks? In minimizing risks or even eliminating it?

Here in bitcoin community or maybe in other cryptocurrency community, risk must be calculated since we do not know what can happen next after a single event. One of the steps you can take is to play safe. if you do not want to get involved in any bankrupt or any loss then playing safe is good, holding anything you have and wait for an opportunity. Another one is to check all of the possible outcomes of an activity that you can do. Measuring all of these can also measure the risk that you may take after those events.
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:10:04 AM

I want to invest as much money as possible. Gold, stocks, bitcoins.
Then try to make a long-term investment and ignore short-term gains, so I think you'll be the biggest winner. Grin

mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

It is very tough job to deal with loss because the main thing when the market go down it some time go down for many days and it creates bad impact to some investors because some investors feel trouble and sell it in the think may the market will go more down and we have more loss,
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:48:08 PM

Eliminating risk could be inevitable in the world of cryptocurrency. I would rather study more about ICO's and always invest at bitcoin for a long term because it really pays off.

Knowledge will be a great foundation to reduce risk.

If your a trader, study the basic trading signals.

If your an investor, never invest money that you can't afford to lose.

Simple tips but the basics helps a lot if you improve it thoroughly.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:12:09 PM

Risks are inherent or always there whenever we talked about investment especially Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community. But how do you deal with these risks? What are your experiences or even techniques in managing risks? In minimizing risks or even eliminating it?
Risk is there for any investment. It depends on how smart you're. The more stupider,the better.
Oh come on,risks are not always avoidable. Just take the damn risk and see the results,given you're smart or not too dumb.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:27:52 AM

Risk is there for any investment. It depends on how smart you're. The more stupider,the better.
Oh come on,risks are not always avoidable. Just take the damn risk and see the results,given you're smart or not too dumb.

there are people always saying that they are risk takers but when they get scammed they act like a kid crying and getting angry on the first place no one force you to join that kind of investments right you voluntary join in that kind of scheme then when something happens you do shit things wahaahaha I therefore say that if you want to  minimize the risk in you investment keep on learning the strategies and other things because only the educated person can only manage the risk

sd
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:51:24 AM

I think that whatever you do is definitely risky, it depends on you dare to risk it or not, better dare to face the risks that exist because I think the risk will give the results commensurate with the risks you take.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:22:15 AM

Due to the volatile nature of cryptocurrency, everything that involves a transaction on it is risky. Especially when it is undergoing its down days and all we can see is red. Investing in a stock like the cryptocurrency narket on bitcoin is a gamble of its kind. This is where we use our brains to filter and our guts to decide on whether we go all in or we fold and cut our losses. Very important that we know the risks before taking them that way we can minimize the damage
solovalley

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:29:43 AM

Knowledge is not enough, you must have capital management and psychological management
Sudarmoon

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:36:48 AM

To handle the risk I usually do not buy bitcoin with all the money I have, and I make a reserve fund to keep up when the bitcoin price starts to drop and I buy it and that way I can reduce the risk.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:37:34 AM

Risk are always there when you're talking about earning money, especially when it come to investment usually the risk is high, the easiest way to deal with the risk is to diversify it, so when one of the coin failed at least you still got other coin, search the strong coin and aim for long term, if you invest in infamous coin aim for short term

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:43:54 AM

Yes, all forms of investment are risky, we cann't completely eliminate that, we can only reduce them to a certain extent. I think that when investing, especially investing in cryptocurrency we need to have strategies, specific plans, learn about the market and select the best potential crypto. It is important to stay calm in all situations, not to lose patience. I'm not sure that these things will work but that's what I usually do before investing
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:45:00 AM

you can not eliminate the risks as every investment is subject to the market risks,  but you can minimize it knowing a few things like,

the investment
the market trend
only investing your extra money
prepare a good entry and exit strategy
and most important is -The Plan B
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:48:23 AM

Investment is also risky,i don't support them invest.you can get up crypto currency market knowledge,then you will understand investment is better for you or not it like that.i think if you have knowledge about investment then you definitely can not try it.my experience and my opinion just like this ...
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:58:44 AM

If we are going to focus solely on risk in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, then one of they ways to manage risk when investing initially is to go for already established coins in the market (they maybe more expensive), this is because they have already acquired some track record. If you are going in for cheaper ones, and you have an eye for trading, then you shouldn't invest more than you are willing to loose. Now if you have invested, try and trade out slowly in the sense that if the market is favorable, and profits are made, you withdraw out your initial principal investment value, and what is left in the market for you, is your profits making more profits. This is all dependent on if the market is favorable, or you have the patience to wait for it on those times when they are favorable.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:22:15 AM

One important aspect is not to invest all you have in just a coin because it might be a failing coin.
To invest in what you have researched and believed. That is, always believe in yourself.
Grow your investment gradually because structures are not built in a day.
dungthuy

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:25:22 AM

when we invest any thing,it always have risky,we have accept risky and risk management,we have to set limit to cut loss when the market fall down,i allways set 10% to cut loss,some time i hold for long time,2-3 year,i will invest with 20% my money,and i dont't see exchange and only holding
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:42:02 AM

when we invest any thing,it always have risky,we have accept risky and risk management,we have to set limit to cut loss when the market fall down,i allways set 10% to cut loss,some time i hold for long time,2-3 year,i will invest with 20% my money,and i dont't see exchange and only holding
yes of course whatever we live is risky. if there is no risk of course we go all the way smoothly and live all well. because btc is very susceptible to the number of fraud then we need to be careful with the risks faced

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: