Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226631 times)
Peezr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:14:40 PM

I think the whole Peezr/Doron situation deserves a thread on it's own!

There's nothing much more to talk about. Unless he'll return the
coins. Maybe, this will give him a little more credibility in here.

And it's important to leave it in the thread, to warn other people
to be careful with their trades!
Agreed. I got his pm a lil bit ago.. Just woke up. Thanks for responding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wsbltc

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:12:59 PM

Please add my buy order 200 MSC @0.11 BTC, escrow needed, quantity negotiable.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 06:05:32 PM

Hey all Smiley

I'd like to offer 150 MSC for sale at the current market rate.  Please let me know if you'd like to purchase.  I'm assuming if you're buying into Mastercoin that you have done your due diligence and thus know who I am.  With that said of course escrow is absolutely fine if you'd like to use it Smiley

Now - since I saw a couple of people (imo unfairly) having a pop at Tachikoma & rbdrbd for selling Mastercoins, I thought I'd pre-empt the inevitable "Zathras is dumping all his Mastercoins!" FUD and make a few comments of my own.

First and foremost I want to spend more time on this project.  It's a great project and gives me a lot of enjoyment to work on.  I'm talking with my employer about consulting for them rather than being full-time; this would give me lots more free time.  With that said, in the 4 months I've spent on Mastercoin I have received approx $6,000 and some MSC.  Hopefully you guys in the community will understand that $6,000 isn't the kind of money you can use to end full-time employment - not even close.  By selling some of my MSC I hope to build towards a buffer that allows me to make this move.

Secondly, the question will likely be raised - "why not wait until the DEx?".  Well the answer to that is quite simple also.  I am about to release my wallet (within the next couple of weeks).  I believe there is a large chance of this DEx feature increasing the value of MSC as more people jump in.  I believe there is a much smaller chance of this feature decreasing the value of MSC as it becomes much easier (skill wise) to sell MSC.  So, large chance of an increase = I'm holding a larger portion of my MSC.  Small chance of a decrease = I'm selling a smaller portion of my MSC.

It really is that simple, I certainly haven't lost faith or any of the other comments that were levied at my colleagues in the project.  Just as Gavin or any of the other Bitcoin devs selling a few Bitcoins doesn't carry a deeper meaning, nor does my selling some of my MSC.

Sorry if that comes across as flippant - it's not meant to, but I wanted to make sure I explained my position.  TL:DR; I'm trying to spend more time on Mastercoin Smiley

Thanks! Smiley

I wish I had any BTC left, or I would buy some of these.

Guys, if anybody is looking to buy MSC at around the current market price, please get them from Zathras. We need more of his time ASAP for a Windows client integrated with the distributed exchange!

Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:17:24 PM

I'd love to buy more Mastercoin, but have already invested fully in MSC and collectible bitcoins.

If anyone is interested in trading MSC for one of my offerings in the collectible marketplace, I would most likely trade anything I currently have offered, matching the highest-offered buy price (0.13 currently).

For me, this is a speculative hedge.
I expect MSC to progressively increase in value as barriers to usage and exchange decrease, and moreso as features evolve and begin to be demonstrated.
I expect collectible bitcoins to progressively increase in value after Mike Caldwell issues a definitive statement on his current regulatory issues, and moreso as the marketplace gains legitimacy as a viable alternative investment among HNWI.

By balancing out a bit more, gains or losses will be closer to the mean regardless of how each individual investment plays out.

If interested, shoot me a PM.

Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:25:47 PM

Hey all Smiley

I'd like to offer 150 MSC for sale at the current market rate.  Please let me know if you'd like to purchase.  I'm assuming if you're buying into Mastercoin that you have done your due diligence and thus know who I am.  With that said of course escrow is absolutely fine if you'd like to use it Smiley

Now - since I saw a couple of people (imo unfairly) having a pop at Tachikoma & rbdrbd for selling Mastercoins, I thought I'd pre-empt the inevitable "Zathras is dumping all his Mastercoins!" FUD and make a few comments of my own.

First and foremost I want to spend more time on this project.  It's a great project and gives me a lot of enjoyment to work on.  I'm talking with my employer about consulting for them rather than being full-time; this would give me lots more free time.  With that said, in the 4 months I've spent on Mastercoin I have received approx $6,000 and some MSC.  Hopefully you guys in the community will understand that $6,000 isn't the kind of money you can use to end full-time employment - not even close.  By selling some of my MSC I hope to build towards a buffer that allows me to make this move.

Secondly, the question will likely be raised - "why not wait until the DEx?".  Well the answer to that is quite simple also.  I am about to release my wallet (within the next couple of weeks).  I believe there is a large chance of this DEx feature increasing the value of MSC as more people jump in.  I believe there is a much smaller chance of this feature decreasing the value of MSC as it becomes much easier (skill wise) to sell MSC.  So, large chance of an increase = I'm holding a larger portion of my MSC.  Small chance of a decrease = I'm selling a smaller portion of my MSC.

It really is that simple, I certainly haven't lost faith or any of the other comments that were levied at my colleagues in the project.  Just as Gavin or any of the other Bitcoin devs selling a few Bitcoins doesn't carry a deeper meaning, nor does my selling some of my MSC.

Sorry if that comes across as flippant - it's not meant to, but I wanted to make sure I explained my position.  TL:DR; I'm trying to spend more time on Mastercoin Smiley

Thanks! Smiley

Guys, if anybody is looking to buy MSC at around the current market price, please get them from Zathras. We need more of his time ASAP for a Windows client integrated with the distributed exchange!

Would it be a terrible crazy idea to buy these 150 MSC from Zathras and maybe another 150 from dacoinminister (I know he wants and deserves to have some BTC) with the Mastercoin foundation fund and then feed those 300 MSC to the faucet and increase the payout ??

I tried the faucet, it works really nice, and I feel it will be very important these coming weeks for the spread of Mastercoin, but 0.0025 is just barely enough to get people excited.

It would only be 45 BTC and tbh the fund's got more money than it will ever need.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:31:18 PM

Hey all Smiley

Thanks! Smiley

Would it be a terrible crazy idea to buy these 150 MSC from Zathras and maybe another 150 from dacoinminister (I know he wants and deserves to have some BTC) with the Mastercoin foundation fund and then feed those 300 MSC to the faucet and increase the payout ??

I tried the faucet, it works really nice, and I feel it will be very important these coming weeks for the spread of Mastercoin, but 0.0025 is just barely enough to get people excited.

It would only be 45 BTC and tbh the fund's got more money than it will ever need.

The bigger the faucet payout, the worse the abuse will be (people creating fake accounts, etc). We've got LOTS of MSC dedicated to that faucet already. We're just funding it a bit at a time so it won't be a big target for hackers.

Of course we should definitely buy from Zathras. You can buy from me if you want, but my price is way higher than his Smiley

ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:24:28 PM

What alias is behind buymastercoin.org? dacoinminster?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 09:37:03 PM

Not I! I believe it's somebody in Israel. Ron (our Executive Director) knows him personally. Typically he handles dark orders from buyers and sellers who wish to remain anonymous.

I believe he has a buymastercoin forum user which he uses for communication on this thread.

ejinte

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:40:41 PM

Not I! I believe it's somebody in Israel. Ron (our Executive Director) knows him personally. Typically he handles dark orders from buyers and sellers who wish to remain anonymous.

I believe he has a buymastercoin forum user which he uses for communication on this thread.

Ok I see thanks for your answer. Who is behind mastercoin.org then?

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:42:35 PM

The mastercoin foundation is behind mastercoin.org
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:44:05 PM

Who are you? INQUISITION SACRA?
maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:00:04 PM

I would like to buy 100 mastercoins for 13btc
Please add my buy order 200 MSC @0.11 BTC, escrow needed, quantity negotiable.
Order book updated.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
ejinte

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:41:55 AM

Just wonder since buymastercoin.com is recommended on mastercoin.org and they are selling the coins four times the market price. I'm thinking about opening my own exchange, would the mastercoin foundation putt it on the webpage then? I would only take double the market price.

Who are you klee?

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:24:54 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 07:57:50 AM by peled1986

Just wonder since buymastercoin.com is recommended on mastercoin.org and they are selling the coins four times the market price. I'm thinking about opening my own exchange, would the mastercoin foundation putt it on the webpage then? I would only take double the market price.

Who are you klee?

I would also like to hear the answer to this question - would the mastercoin foundation put more "private exchanges" on the webpage?

I think buymastercoin.org typically handles orders from buyers that are new to mastercoin that don't know the MSC/BTC price and instead of doing the smart thing and check they are effected by the foundation webpage – I am new here and I contacted buymastercoin.org in the beginning and almost did the "mistake" of buying from him because I thought its "recommended" by the foundation.

There were a few posts of new buyers of MSC that felt “a bit” misled by the foundation.

I don’t know many anonymous buyers that want to buy at X3-4 the market price, instead of buying anonymously using the order book.
DarkEmi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:33:46 AM

Hello guys,

As most of the people here I got really interested by mastercoin features in the recent months, however the google doc "order book" is not an very simple solution to trade mastercoin, and I feel that neither is the buymastercoin website which for many reason seems like the official recommended solution.

Thats why we have started developing an "real" exchange (where people can set up their own prices) for mastercoins / bitcoins which should be ready hopefully in a few days. Most of the development is done and we are just testing the system right now. So until the distributed exchange is there we will be offering a convenient way to trade mastercoin, hopefully helping in the price discovery process and proposing a fairer price than the current easy to use solutions.

Ps : I am not in any way related to the mastercoin fundation or do have any mastercoin. Also note that we are doing this project outside of any official mastercoin bounty.

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Doron404

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:48:05 AM

OK, just thought you should know,

1. Although repeated promises from Peezer, I haven't got a single mili-bit back.

2. Since he started replaying here again, The thief's address became active too,
    Getting few small payments, and immediately sending those payments somewhere else.

I hope no one is making the mistake of trusting him.

* Pouncer, if you like you can post the detailed of this case in the
   Scammers form.
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:59:34 AM

Please add my sell order 40 MSC @0.15 BTC, escrow needed, quantity negotiable.

Also cancel my other sell orders.

maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:18:40 AM

Please add my sell order 40 MSC @0.15 BTC, escrow needed, quantity negotiable.

Also cancel my other sell orders.
Order book updated.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

Hello guys,

As most of the people here I got really interested by mastercoin features in the recent months, however the google doc "order book" is not an very simple solution to trade mastercoin, and I feel that neither is the buymastercoin website which for many reason seems like the official recommended solution.

Thats why we have started developing an "real" exchange (where people can set up their own prices) for mastercoins / bitcoins which should be ready hopefully in a few days. Most of the development is done and we are just testing the system right now. So until the distributed exchange is there we will be offering a convenient way to trade mastercoin, hopefully helping in the price discovery process and proposing a fairer price than the current easy to use solutions.

Ps : I am not in any way related to the mastercoin fundation or do have any mastercoin. Also note that we are doing this project outside of any official mastercoin bounty.

Thank god someone is finally doing this.
+1

The foundation should have done it in parallel since day 1, at least lobby Cryptsy/Bter etc to add MSC too. The latter is happening now btw...
DarkEmi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:22:03 PM

I saw that there is a 2000$ bounty for a BTC / LTC / PPC / MSC.

We will only have BTC / MSC at first but I think thats what needed in the beginning. We would quite like to get the bounty if thats possible. Also, considering we are almost ready for launch, it seems a bit redundant to  lobby the other exchange for it.

Just my 2mastercents thought.

However the lack of a standardised "mastercoind" is troublesome to do an exchange, we will be doing witdhrawals largely manually in the beginning.

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: