Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92488 times)
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 11:43:34 AM

Its been a year that i am an avid reader of this conversations because i am always after the updates of the project, people are getting negative of this project, and they said its a scam fork blah blah blah, when bitcoin was introduced, nobody believes, and its the same criteria here, let those people believe on what they believe, me, im still hoping for the best to this project, who knows this could be better, and when in fact, there was no ICO on this project, so whats the issue?

BUt, i hope Jacklez, could do more marketing, because this project only needs marketing and or hire a social media manager and could do more promotions in order to gain more followers.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 912
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 12:04:55 PM

Its been a year that i am an avid reader of this conversations because i am always after the updates of the project, people are getting negative of this project, and they said its a scam fork blah blah blah, when bitcoin was introduced, nobody believes, and its the same criteria here, let those people believe on what they believe, me, im still hoping for the best to this project, who knows this could be better, and when in fact, there was no ICO on this project, so whats the issue?

On this thread there's only one person calling it a scam and for no actual reason.
If someone suddenly bumps some altcoin up 5500% in a day and then dumps it, does that make that altcoin a scam? No.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:15:54 PM

BUt, i hope Jacklez, could do more marketing, because this project only needs marketing and or hire a social media manager and could do more promotions in order to gain more followers.
Everyone was skeptical about this BTC2 when it was just launched and now they are proving to everyone that it has the potential to grow and in the future it will list on major exchanges and get a lot of investors. than.
Recently I have seen many people talking about BTC2 and BTC1 will soon be forgotten, I believe this is a good time to invest in BTC2.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
jfcrock51

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:23:03 PM

On this thread there's only one person calling it a scam and for no actual reason.
If someone suddenly bumps some altcoin up 5500% in a day and then dumps it, does that make that altcoin a scam? No.
Yes it does it is called a pump and dump
jfcrock51

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:26:38 PM

Loose your money this is a scam just like everyone said lite coin forked but the owner of lite coin said no it did not
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:32:29 PM

Loose your money this is a scam just like everyone said lite coin forked but the owner of lite coin said no it did not

yep..this is why I'm not in...he should have simply at the beginning actually forked the coin..as a result it likely would be a lot more successful than it is now...

so makes a guy wonder don't it?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 04:22:18 PM

So if a billionaire pump and dumped Bitcoin, would Bitcoin then be a scam? Give us a break. Grin
BTC2 just was an easier target at that time for an opportunist to do that. Not so easy target anymore.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 06:40:06 PM

So if a billionaire pump and dumped Bitcoin, would Bitcoin then be a scam? Give us a break. Grin
BTC2 just was an easier target at that time for an opportunist to do that. Not so easy target anymore.

No, my issue is they did not plan the launch of this bitcoin 2 correctly. They should have just FORKED correctly with payout in BTC 2 via those holding Bitcoin

when BTC 2 was started and worth 1c or 2c...

They would, IMHO,  have made up at the back end in actual coin price now 4x the amount at least, again, IMHO,  doing so, rather than the situation they are now at

...in not being true forked of Bitcoin actually.

The piddly amount of forking the coin at the start would have made this coin a lot less dubious then it is now. Indeed I'd bet it would be $10 coin

by such actions. Thus, one can only conclude that either 1) the devs of BTC 2 were just cheap and greedy or 2) they have no idea how forking a

the coin of Bitcoin at launch makes a big difference for little or no cost at launching...ie they are clueless.

So either does not make my heart go pitter-pat for this Bitcoin 2 coin as a result of NOT forking the damn thing..it was a no brainer to do so at launch

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Hiromono

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 11:24:59 AM

should have simply at the beginning actually forked the coin..as a result it likely would be a lot more successful than it is now...

Why we chose to do it as a snapshot fork instead of just copying the blockchain:
- We used a proof of stake codebase without segwit support.
- In order to prune the blockchain from a massive 147 GB to less than 1.5 GB. That original size would have severely limited masternode creation and increased staking node hardware requirements. We wouldn't have anywhere close to the 170 or so full nodes running that we have now and 0 managed masternode hosts.

To get the full bitcoin fork marketing benefits, BTC2 would have needed to launch its main net in 2017 like the early simple forks did. It just wasn't ready at that time.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 02:10:53 PM

should have simply at the beginning actually forked the coin..as a result it likely would be a lot more successful than it is now...

Why we chose to do it as a snapshot fork instead of just copying the blockchain:
- We used a proof of stake codebase without segwit support.
- In order to prune the blockchain from a massive 147 GB to less than 1.5 GB. That original size would have severely limited masternode creation and increased staking node hardware requirements. We wouldn't have anywhere close to the 170 or so full nodes running that we have now and 0 managed masternode hosts.

To get the full bitcoin fork marketing benefits, BTC2 would have needed to launch its main net in 2017 like the early simple forks did. It just wasn't ready at that time.

I'm not an expert...but you need more angles to get folk on board. Lower your node HODL requirements for Bitcoin 2. Do an AirDrop. Something.

I'm no expert again, others on here may have better ideas, but right now, most look at this coin without the fork option the same way folks look at Litecoin 2

I think it is called. Just a branding attempt to use the name Bitcoin, without any fork, for whatever reason, still to most folk, IMHO, looks scammy/fishy as hell.

Others can chime in on here on what may work to help this along, but you need to step up and do something or again IMHO, your coin will fade like many others

that have 'fake' forked and just used a legitimate coin name without forking in the correct manner.

hard out there with all these new crypto coins popping up every day, you need something unique as a benefit to your master nodes and/or potential users to get around

what you say on BTC 2. That it was not 'possible' to do a fork of Bitcoin at launch.

Indeed a coin forking off Bitcoin 2 kinda protocols now, with a true fork, could possibly pass you up in use. Again, IMHO. This not true forking off Bitcoin is that big a deal.

Again, I know zip, just saying IMHO. Again, maybe others on here have better ideas.

brad

necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 11:03:37 PM

It is a profitable project for whales , the developers need more advertising .  BTC
I'm sure this is already in the head of the developer, all he has to do is do it directly or not. I think it is better to clear the issue of debate between scams or not first.
jfcrock51

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:15:37 AM

It is a profitable project for whales , the developers need more advertising .  BTC
I'm sure this is already in the head of the developer, all he has to do is do it directly or not. I think it is better to clear the issue of debate between scams or not first.

DUMP DUMP DUMP LOLOL
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:18:49 AM

Many people have said that BTC2 is a scam and the team did not appear but only made vague plans. Can the team show us a more detailed roadmap in the coming years?
I still find the volume low at the moment and that doesn't make me feel confident.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
BVrbve

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 09:16:59 AM

The developers are busy, they have no time to repeat several times that this is a fork of bitcoin with improved POS mining,
                     an updated roadmap is published on the
                   website and again this is not repeated to you .
                 BTC 2 has a very low supply of coins .  
               POS mining is more energy efficient, environmentally friendly and has faster transactions .
          BTC is mined mainly by large centralized mining farms.                                                                 BTC
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 02:35:45 PM

The developers are busy, they have no time to repeat several times that this is a fork of bitcoin with improved POS mining,
                     an updated roadmap is published on the
                   website and again this is not repeated to you .
                 BTC 2 has a very low supply of coins .  
               POS mining is more energy efficient, environmentally friendly and has faster transactions .
          BTC is mined mainly by large centralized mining farms.                                                                 BTC

1) it is not a real fork of bitcoin, no matching coin

6) point above ...yes BTC is mined mainly by large centralized farms.

As to 2-5 that seems to be a matter of opinion on how well those points have been addressed 'excluding' your first point above. Not as clear as folk would like.

Again, seems to me not being a proper fork, they flubbed the ball. But then again time will tell.

Brad

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 05:07:34 AM

To be clear, BTC2 started as a 1:1 snapshot fork, which means that all BTC holders got 1 BTC2 for each BTC they held but the transaction IDs are different.

Claiming from the fork has been made harder 15 months after main net launch as per https://www.bitc2.org/#faq.
I just updated the thread's first page image accordingly. It was outdated.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 02:50:16 PM

To be clear, BTC2 started as a 1:1 snapshot fork, which means that all BTC holders got 1 BTC2 for each BTC they held but the transaction IDs are different.

Claiming from the fork has been made harder 15 months after main net launch as per https://www.bitc2.org/#faq.
I just updated the thread's first page image accordingly. It was outdated.

Still befuddled. On the first page of this thread it states.

All Bitcoin holders as of block 507850 (Feb 5, 2018) got Bitcoin 2 on a 1 for 1 basis.

But such seems not to be the case. Can you clarify? I 'supposedly' would have Bitcoin 2 under the above date.

So trying to figure out what the issues are on above or whatever for the 1 to 1 fork at this time?

thanks

Brad

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 04:15:37 PM

So trying to figure out what the issues are on above or whatever for the 1 to 1 fork at this time?

In order to have gotten the coins from the fork, you would have needed to have claimed it with the Bitcoin 2 Core wallet when claiming was still supported.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 06:22:40 PM

In order to have gotten the coins from the fork, you would have needed to have claimed it with the Bitcoin 2 Core wallet when claiming was still supported.

yeah..I guess I have to agree with others on here...kinda scammy...but than again only 100 Bitcoin 2 so what I'm out $100?

still...no kosher compared to other Bitcoin Forks...with such a time limit...

will go back to just lurking this thread now I guess

Brad

jfcrock51

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 02:46:33 AM

yeah..I guess I have to agree with others on here...kinda scammy...but than again only 100 Bitcoin 2 so what I'm out $100?

still...no kosher compared to other Bitcoin Forks...with such a time limit...

will go back to just lurking this thread now I guess

Brad
AINT THAT A SHAME BITCOIN 2 IS TO BLAME 88 CENTS AND DROPPING LIKE A ROCK LMAO
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: