Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recently started to try HDD Mining  (Read 21482 times)
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 09:27:16 AM

Rejected shares were GPU shares at first because blago HDD miner can submit shares as soon as its able to. You can only fail to submit if another block gets found before you submit your ongoing shares. Anyway then my connection became completely unstable. I wasn't even able to connect to the internet.

I didn't try it yet with win7, will do it today probably.

That monitor is a 7" raspberry pi monitor. Yes It has an HDMI port. The one in this link.

Thank you very much! That portable Raspberry pi 7 inch LCD is exactly the thing I need now. Whenever I come to check my rigs, I always need to hand a long with 3kg monitor Sad(
For rejected share, I think in most block my miner could not meet the deadline as well, my total plotted files are around 80Tb. But the mined Burst is coming less recently, just ~3200 Burst per month.

OK I made the tests. The rig works stable with Win7 while both HDD's and GPU are connected and mining coins. I am doing one thing different though. Instead of running nicehash, mining Raven now. Don't think it'll change anything. No signs of connection losses since last hour.

I didn't experience it myself till this month and now I know it.

Rumors are right. Win10 is just an incomplete trojan horse which they threw at us for free. Win7 is still the best OS they made.

*Maybe its too early to verify the situation, still gotta wait for a day at least*
Ok waited long enough. Yep w10 is shit.

All of my GPU rigs are using Windows 10 actually, because as far as I know windows 7 has some issues if we add more than 4 GPUs on rig, I think it's quite the same even with windows 8, the only thing I dont like for new update of windows 10 is it contains too large window files (almost 40Gb for OS). My burst mining rig just uses an old mainboard and windows 7, I ever tried to run plotter in windows 10 but window defend stop it right away, even I changed some additional settings, the plotter kept crashing.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:39:21 PM

Rejected shares were GPU shares at first because blago HDD miner can submit shares as soon as its able to. You can only fail to submit if another block gets found before you submit your ongoing shares. Anyway then my connection became completely unstable. I wasn't even able to connect to the internet.

I didn't try it yet with win7, will do it today probably.

That monitor is a 7" raspberry pi monitor. Yes It has an HDMI port. The one in this link.

Thank you very much! That portable Raspberry pi 7 inch LCD is exactly the thing I need now. Whenever I come to check my rigs, I always need to hand a long with 3kg monitor Sad(
For rejected share, I think in most block my miner could not meet the deadline as well, my total plotted files are around 80Tb. But the mined Burst is coming less recently, just ~3200 Burst per month.

OK I made the tests. The rig works stable with Win7 while both HDD's and GPU are connected and mining coins. I am doing one thing different though. Instead of running nicehash, mining Raven now. Don't think it'll change anything. No signs of connection losses since last hour.

I didn't experience it myself till this month and now I know it.

Rumors are right. Win10 is just an incomplete trojan horse which they threw at us for free. Win7 is still the best OS they made.

*Maybe its too early to verify the situation, still gotta wait for a day at least*
Ok waited long enough. Yep w10 is shit.

All of my GPU rigs are using Windows 10 actually, because as far as I know windows 7 has some issues if we add more than 4 GPUs on rig, I think it's quite the same even with windows 8, the only thing I dont like for new update of windows 10 is it contains too large window files (almost 40Gb for OS). My burst mining rig just uses an old mainboard and windows 7, I ever tried to run plotter in windows 10 but window defend stop it right away, even I changed some additional settings, the plotter kept crashing.

Windows 10 is the best mining host, aye
ptjoy

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:47:12 AM

Storj and Burst.

I tryed first mine Burst and hold it. Once it was pumped i sold out all of it. When price dumped, i decided that now is time to change all drives for Storj. And was disappointed. Storj did not use all capacity like burst (so calculator was wrong), but did very high intencity of load on hard disks and cpu. And i return back to burst.
qwertyking

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:46:44 AM

is it profitable now? could anyone tell me what is the ROI of a storj rig with 40T capacity?
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:09:48 AM

The Technically mining process initialy speaking GPU mining is better for profits than HDD mining. However, my thinking is that means getting in at the ground level in HDD mining where GPU mining is crowded. HDD's are always valuable regardless of the crypto market.Assuming you are doing this as an investment I think at the moment it's too soon to get a sensible system. Your electricity costs and potential fees for the static process will probably out spend rewards. Statiprocess can be obtained for free with good admin if you keep on top of the account. If that started should be relevent on HDD mining.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 04:32:56 AM

I tryed first mine Burst and hold it. Once it was pumped i sold out all of it. When price dumped, i decided that now is time to change all drives for Storj. And was disappointed. Storj did not use all capacity like burst (so calculator was wrong), but did very high intencity of load on hard disks and cpu. And i return back to burst.

I happen to me few months ago as I tested to mine Storj in 2 weeks with 8 Tb: just few hundred kbs was filled, also it seems like my internet traffic was affected a lot by Storj mining even with that low of renting space.

is it profitable now? could anyone tell me what is the ROI of a storj rig with 40T capacity?

You could have a reference for profitable calculation on this site: https://blocks.fastpool.info/calculator

I suggest that you cut it 20%, so for 40Tb, with current difficulty level, you may get 1314 Burst coin, so 80% of that: 1314*0.8 = 1051 Burst => ~ 17$/month.

The Technically mining process initialy speaking GPU mining is better for profits than HDD mining. However, my thinking is that means getting in at the ground level in HDD mining where GPU mining is crowded. HDD's are always valuable regardless of the crypto market.Assuming you are doing this as an investment I think at the moment it's too soon to get a sensible system. Your electricity costs and potential fees for the static process will probably out spend rewards. Statiprocess can be obtained for free with good admin if you keep on top of the account. If that started should be relevent on HDD mining.

Totally agree with you. I'm mining Burst coin mostly for my hobby, also Burst Coin's community is very nice, I learned a lot from them, and the thing is I could collect around some cheap HDDs. The only thing to do in Burst coin mining is sitting there and wait money back, actually almost no ROI haha.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:29:05 PM

It's a general words. Practically, HDD leasing return a bit less then nothing at all.
For example you can het 25SC in a month for 1TB disk space.
In another words - ya may earn 25 cents in a month. And ya shold be online 24*7 and you should pay for electricity,

I see you guys don't undestand what a ya talking  here.
brunocrypto

Activity: 138
Merit: 2

Globalcurrency -100% backed by gold

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:17:14 PM

Current Burst rentability using https://blocks.fastpool.info/calculator

4 TB = 128 Burst / Month    = 3.78$ (3.17€)
40 TB = 1279 Burst / Month = 37.18$ (31.7€)

It's so bad !!!

A 4TB here in France cost 99€ on Amazon.

Even if the machine is mining (and so we don't count electricity - 4 Watt consommation at rest) we get 99€ / 3.17 = 31 month....

It's not profitable at all, i hope it will be profitable in the future.

HDD Mining or Renting is a good bisness

❏ GOLDEN CURRENCY
| First cash private money on blockchain |
▬▬▬▬[ 100% backed by gold ]▬▬▬▬
known-user

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:46:17 AM

i just stopped my burst mining rig at the beginning of this year. had around 40tb in it. the electricity was more than the earnings Sad
sad to see it end up like this, but i guess that's how it goes with all mining rigs one day sooner or later.

for now i am going to sell the hdd's now that they are still worth something.

of course i could hook them up at my normal desktop but i prefer to keep that one clean and close this mining chapter for now.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:59:57 AM

i just stopped my burst mining rig at the beginning of this year. had around 40tb in it. the electricity was more than the earnings Sad
sad to see it end up like this, but i guess that's how it goes with all mining rigs one day sooner or later.

of course i could hook them up at my normal desktop but i prefer to keep that one clean and close this mining chapter for now.

Hi, just wondering where you are in the world, i might be interested in those drives. I'm in the UK.
known-user

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:38:05 PM

Hi, just wondering where you are in the world, i might be interested in those drives. I'm in the UK.

Pending sale already, sorry Smiley
roblowe91

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:43:47 PM

uk ebay by an chance?
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 12:59:36 PM

I was mining burst too, and have  a bunch of HDDs for sale. 10TB seagates, etc. Good quality. Dm for deets, UK based.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: