Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE WEB HOSTING]  (Read 1167 times)
QuantumKiwi (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 02:00:43 AM

Quantum Kiwi - Web & I.T Solutions

QuantumKiwi.com

- FREE cPanel Web Hosting -

• 2GB Disk Space
  • 3GB Bandwidth/Data Transfer

Features:
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- MySQL Supported
- Park your own domain!
- Fantastico - Install wordpress & many other scripts with a few clicks.

FREE? Why?

We are giving away only 50 free accounts.

Quantum Kiwi has a number of cloud's, We have a large amount of spare resources.

Terms:

NO spamming, illegal activities and/or resource intensive scripts. No leech/shell scripts.

Idle accounts after 3 months will be terminated.

Hidden Fees?
You will be charged for over-usage. Upgrades provided with a 50% discount.

Once a month you may receive a newsletter from Quantum Kiwi.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

i have signed up, to experiment a bit with setting up a pushpool Smiley

Thank you for the offer & i'll let you know how it goes Smiley
QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 08:46:03 AM

Hi Smiley

All orders processed, let us know if you have any issues or queries.

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 11:04:02 AM

bump ( if allowed )

DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:13:16 PM

Nice thanks very nice
Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:56:13 PM

Nice offer! I'm not a webdesigner, so I'll stay away from this offer Tongue
QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 10:42:09 PM

Nice offer! I'm not a webdesigner, so I'll stay away from this offer Tongue

Nice way to get your post count up though.

- NOTE: If you enter incorrect information during signup - We will not give you a free hosting account.

pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:58:20 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 06:57:15 PM by pr0d1gy

• 2GB Disk Space
  • 3GB Bandwidth/Data Transfer

Free is good, but limited...

But the fact that you accept BTC is great.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:43:57 AM

Actually currently have been looking for a web host.

I would love to be part of this, how do i get the free account?

From Australia so i know i'll get good latency.

stacking coin
Grandsmall

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:02:28 PM

Quantum Kiwi - Web & I.T Solutions

-snip-

See the link at the bottom of the first post.
QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 11:57:52 PM

Actually currently have been looking for a web host.

I would love to be part of this, how do i get the free account?

From Australia so i know i'll get good latency.

Check out our website - www.QuantumKiwi.com - Just head straight through the ordering process via the Cloud Plans page.

The free hosting plan is the first one to appear Smiley

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 01:08:25 AM

Your 50 free accounts are capable of running such a thing?

Judging by the limits in place I assume you won't be overselling the server?

QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Your 50 free accounts are capable of running such a thing?

Judging by the limits in place I assume you won't be overselling the server?

We run a cloud, We essentially don't run one server. More like several hundred servers Smiley

Quantum Kiwi does not over fill cloud nodes with too many clients. We monitor all nodes very closely 24/7, high resource demand clients are moved to larger nodes to stop issues.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:40:50 AM

Free bump.  Roll Eyes

Quantum Kiwi has recently taken on a rogue customer, yes thats right a rogue customer.

This client signed up to a $4.95 web hosting plan of ours, located on our website - The Iron hosting plan.

13/08/2013 - Client Signed up to plan.
13/08/2013 - Email received - " Was I scammed or are your statements false? " - This email was sent in near immediately after signup, accusing us of being a scam and why isn't his account instantly activated - We have a policy of not activating bitcoin services immediately, well because bitpay only shows the invoice as paid until confirmations have gone through... Paypal is instant. Also said hes been waiting 12 hours+.
13/08/2013 - Clients account & order was activated.
20/08/2013 - Support Ticket submitted - Stating that he could not connect to his account - He said Quantum Kiwi was also down at the time, yet our pingdom monitoring states we have had a 100% uptime on QuantumKiwi.com... Strange? We located the issue to being his IP blocked by our CSF WHM firewall which blocked him due to a connection limit of 64, He was then further blocked for 12 hours automatically by our firewall due to excessive attempts to access the server again. His IP was unblocked and added to the whitelist immediately.
21/08/2013 - IP was unblocked. Account has had an uptime of 99%. Datacenter outage of 10 minutes effected the account, other than that it was fine.
21/08/2013 - Email sent to client explaining in full why his system was blocked automatically by our systems - No reply.

Several weeks later, We get a notification of a blog comment - Stating from " Donald aka Scott Deleon " that Quantum Kiwi is a scam see here:

New comment on your post "Quantum Kiwi - Bitcoin Web Hosting"
Author : Donald Smith (IP: ******* ,
****)
E-mail : dodoking***@gmail.com
URL    :
Whois  : http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/****
Comment:
Quantum Kiwi is false advertising their services. They claim instant
setup after purchase and I have been waiting over 12 hours already and
my account is still pending. I suggest anyone looking for a fast service
with support that responds, to look somewhere else. So far they have
been nothing but a major disappointment to me.

So, we decided to contact him via email and ask hey? Whats going on - Why post this stuff up when we didn't scam you, our firewall blocked you due to your system having too many connections?

We then get this reply;

The website stated that setup was instant and it did not say anything about different payments. Not only that but for the first few weeks the server was inaccessible to me because you blocked my IP from my own server after I used ftp to upload my files. So I paid and was unable to use the server for half the month. You admitted that it was because your system accidentally banned me.

That being said. I stand by the statement I made. It was not stated that only paypal is instant. Then half of the month the server was not even usable. I feel like you ripped me off. I had to go and get a new host provider already because the service you provided was always down; with over 90% down time that you already have admitted was your systems fault.

Praticully feel scammed as half the month the server was unusable; which was acknowledged by your company already. I then had to find a new provider. So I paid you for a full month, half that month you had me blocked from my own server... So you actually only provided me with less then 2 weeks for the cost of a full month?

Should I go ahead and post the full story and your email replies admitting the 2 weeks of down time was because your company "accidentally" banned me?

We then contact him again, attempting to explain how and why his IP was blocked and that we are not scamming him...

Reply from " Scott Deleon ":

You scammed me period... I paid a month..  The "cloud" was down you told me, but I was blocked at the same time... so since your email stating the cloud had difficulties you never said it was back up... meanwhile you had me banned for 2 weeks... so the month I paid resulted in me just being scammed for 2 weeks... and by then I had to find a service that doesnt scam..  

Also I will be posting my experience of you scamming me, and your mistreatment of customers, all over...

The truth hurts..  In this case your business...

Be ready for the world to know that Quantumkiwi.com is a scam...

His latest accusation - spam:

QuantumKiwi.com is a scam. Please do not use them!

I paid for a full month and they banned me for 2 of the 4 weeks... Why was I banned? For trying to upload my website by ftp... They claim It was only me banned and other could access. BUT I PIAD for the 1 month service for ME and not for others... So since they banned me for no reason for 2 weeks.... They have SCAMMED me for the 2 weeks... They then canceled my service ahead of time when I asked...

That means quantumkiwi.com only gave me 1 usable week for the entire month I paid.

That being said I was scammed by them, their owner called my phone and started calling me an idiot and so on, which was ALL recorded as well.

JUST REMEMBER QUANTUM KIWI.COM IS A SCAM!

What is really puzzling us is - Why would we want to scam someone for 2 weeks of web hosting when we have several hundred clients - a $4.95 plan is the smallest plans to us, We don't hold peoples services back 2 weeks so we can scam someone else....? Its really strange these accusations...

It seems that Scott, is really annoyed that his IP got blocked - Went to another host instead of sending in a support ticket, Now he has two web hosting plans to deal with -

Hes wanting a refund but didn't go the right way about it - So now hes on a rampage to take " Quantum Kiwi down ".

Now, after the recent email - We had a meeting and said look " We will give this guy a call, try and explain whats happened - If hes understanding give him an account credit of $30-50 to keep things all nice and comfortable. " Hah, that was a joke. Our CEO Logan called him - Well that was interesting.

Logan attempted to explain what had happened with the IP block, However " Scott " kept on talking over him and interrupting him - Accusing QuantumKiwi of being a scam.

Scott then threatened to " Take down Quantum Kiwi and let everyone know on the internet that Quantum Kiwi is a scam ".

Scott then hung up.

We have since made a decision to terminate Scott's services with us due to his abuse & accusations.

Our lawyers are looking into it, but really - I think people just need to watch out for this guy and his associates - NO business should be subject to abuse and/or false accusations by someone with a problem of their own.

Here at Quantum Kiwi we are respectful of peoples privacy however in this case, we are making scotts name public as we think its fair that everyone gets to see both sides - If we are being accused of being a scam...

Quantum Kiwi is not a scam, We have many happy clients and 2 weeks of hosting is well - FREE for anyone that wants to trial our PAID web hosting services.....

Best Regards,
Chief Administrator - Allan @ Quantum Kiwi

edit: His latest email: ( Accusing us of mis-treating him due to a Mental illness )
This is a private email for only the owner or manager of Quantumkiwi.com to see. Publishing this email would be a violation of the senders privacy and also violate quite a few laws (privacy act's) in the process.

On that call it was your worker trying to interupt me as the recording shows, not the other way around. He even calls me an "idiot" which shows alot. Did this employee call me an idiot because I am mental disable, as I mentioned in one of my first emails to your compan? Everything I have posted about my situation with your service is completely true and you have treated me poorly since I mentioned having a mental problem.

I dont want free credit. I just want you to quit lying about what actually happend and also to quit mistreating me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: