Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins sellers insurance pool. Suggestions? thoughts ?  (Read 520 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:51:24 AM

I want to start a fund for traders to pay into to insure their btc trades. Everyone has been burned lots of us have seen trades that we would like to make but cant risk it, I would like to propose that we set up a pool for insuring our sketch ass bitcoin trades. It would take a little work and would have to iron out a lot of details, but it could be done right.

Some issues that come to mind for me is requirements for sellers, obviously only members with an established trade history would be allowed to participate, need a payout review system/method, need to figure out how to hold the funds and how claims would be distributed.

I know there are security concerns and what not.

Let me know what you think? How it could be set up? would you would like to participate?   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:13:24 PM

No one is interested in insured bitcoin transactions?
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:53:56 PM

Why not just insist on non reversible payment methods and eliminate the need for an insurance pool? That's what I do.

You might want to consider accepting payments which cannot be reversed, and as a result, you will not need to worry about setting something like this up.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:28:48 PM

The reason is that no one buys with bank deposit, including myself.

When I first got into bitcoin it was a nightmare to get coins and it still is. The problem as I see it is that people dont know who to trust.

The development of third party institutions to trade came forth as a necessary addition as civilizations grew. Humanity had grown to the point where people no longer knew the reputation of the people they were dealing with. In early human civilization reputation was knowable because you traded regionally, as populations grew the desire trade across boarders with individuals of unknown character grew with it. The answer was institutions. I dont trust you but I trust them, and that is how things have progressed. Third parties have thrived to the point that they control every aspect of wealth and wealth transfer including the minting of money.

The problem is people have their own money issued by the people for the people (bitcoin), but no one knows who to trust we have all become to reliant of these institutions. So the thing that is lacking in our new economy is feedback/reputation. Thankfully we have a technology that has the ability to to keep track of the reputation of every man woman and child on the planet. For the new economy to thrive and work it requires two things, 1) a bridge between the old banking system and the new and 2) a reputation center to manage it.

So the reason that I trade for reversible methods is to help provide that bridge and build that reputation center. Bitcoin will never have wide spread acceptance if people can not quickly and easily get them.
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:34:30 PM

The reason is that no one buys with bank deposit, including myself.

When I first got into bitcoin it was a nightmare to get coins and it still is. The problem as I see it is that people dont know who to trust.

The development of third party institutions to trade came forth as a necessary addition as civilizations grew. Humanity had grown to the point where people no longer knew the reputation of the people they were dealing with. In early human civilization reputation was knowable because you traded regionally, as populations grew the desire trade across boarders with individuals of unknown character grew with it. The answer was institutions. I dont trust you but I trust them, and that is how things have progressed. Third parties have thrived to the point that they control every aspect of wealth and wealth transfer including the minting of money.

The problem is people have their own money issued by the people for the people (bitcoin), but no one knows who to trust we have all become to reliant of these institutions. So the thing that is lacking in our new economy is feedback/reputation. Thankfully we have a technology that has the ability to to keep track of the reputation of every man woman and child on the planet. For the new economy to thrive and work it requires two things, 1) a bridge between the old banking system and the new and 2) a reputation center to manage it.

So the reason that I trade for reversible methods is to help provide that bridge and build that reputation center. Bitcoin will never have wide spread acceptance if people can not quickly and easily get them.

Your very first sentence is incorrect. You stated that nobody buys with bank deposit. Every transaction that I handle is handled in this exact manner without any issue whatsoever. Both the buyer and the seller feel it is the easiest, and in the process, it is non-reversible.

████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:01:58 PM

Bank deposit didnt help dwolla, mt gox, bitinstant, the list goes on and on. Let someone deposit money into your bank account that is known to be stolen.

There is no such thing as a perfect transfer method.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: