Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:09:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] BitFury Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 147973 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:05:49 AM

Anyone has seen the repeating message "New proxy version available  Please update!" when checking their proxy process in the miner?

Any process to back it up and update it to a new version?

http://goo.gl/5ws3QU
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:09:40 AM

so one of my boards recently stopped working (slot 3, I have other boards in slots 1,2 5,6 & 9,10) - I tried reseating it several times and tried it in other slots (slot 6 and slot 13) with no effect. no hashrate, no heat, no detection in the stats.log file.

looking at it theres no visible problem. a bit of dust had accumulated between the inductor and the TPS53355 possibly (but not likely) shorting 2-3 of the pins ont he upper side of the chip. I dont think this is the problem, but its theonly lead i have

any easy troubleshooting techniques?  I have a spare TPS53355 chip I could actually drop in if that is the issue, but i dont have the fine-point soldering skils to do that myself. (contracting out that task might work, but not sure what to look for in the yellowpages (Toronto, Ontario) to find someone capable of doing it.)

any ideas? I did not have a miultimeter handy at the time so no voltage info yet. I might have to wire up a 12V/GND to the board to check at home

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:42:31 PM

Anyone has seen the repeating message "New proxy version available  Please update!" when checking their proxy process in the miner?

Any process to back it up and update it to a new version?

http://goo.gl/5ws3QU

Went flawless. Thanks!
arorts

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

so one of my boards recently stopped working (slot 3, I have other boards in slots 1,2 5,6 & 9,10) - I tried reseating it several times and tried it in other slots (slot 6 and slot 13) with no effect. no hashrate, no heat, no detection in the stats.log file.

looking at it theres no visible problem. a bit of dust had accumulated between the inductor and the TPS53355 possibly (but not likely) shorting 2-3 of the pins ont he upper side of the chip. I dont think this is the problem, but its theonly lead i have

any easy troubleshooting techniques?  I have a spare TPS53355 chip I could actually drop in if that is the issue, but i dont have the fine-point soldering skils to do that myself. (contracting out that task might work, but not sure what to look for in the yellowpages (Toronto, Ontario) to find someone capable of doing it.)

any ideas? I did not have a miultimeter handy at the time so no voltage info yet. I might have to wire up a 12V/GND to the board to check at home

Possibly something wrong with the Pi or PSU (sometimes they fail if too close to 100% load)?
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:26:16 PM

running cgminer 4.3.3 and compiling with --enable-bab i get BaB0: Delay getting work reply ...

chips are detected at startup and connected to pool, can any cgminer users help?

space for rent, shilling for sats
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:58:59 AM

running cgminer 4.3.3 and compiling with --enable-bab i get BaB0: Delay getting work reply ...

chips are detected at startup and connected to pool, can any cgminer users help?

I always had better luck with bfgminer than with cgminer. Over time I have switched both of my rigs back to chainminer, which I did not want to do.
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:35:17 AM

I always had better luck with bfgminer than with cgminer. Over time I have switched both of my rigs back to chainminer, which I did not want to do.

How did you get BFGminer to recognize Blackarrow bitfury boards?  I never have been able to.  I am running minepeon.
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:24:56 PM

How did you get BFGminer to recognize Blackarrow bitfury boards?  I never have been able to.  I am running minepeon.

I compiled bfgminer with --enable-bfsb. Won't work on V1 board, but I have a v2.3 board coming to replace my broken V1. So I'll see if I can get the black arrow driver to work.
arorts

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:19:57 AM

For one of m-boards, the cables that connect the PSU with the rPI seem to be getting hotter and hotter over time. In fact, the white connectors are starting to get brownish.  I have not done any over clocking.

Another board with even more h-cards is actually cooler than the one I mentioned before. The PSU supports more power than what the set of m-boards consume.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Any workarounds? :-/

Trupik

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:58:44 AM

For one of m-boards, the cables that connect the PSU with the rPI seem to be getting hotter and hotter over time. In fact, the white connectors are starting to get brownish.  I have not done any over clocking.

Another board with even more h-cards is actually cooler than the one I mentioned before. The PSU supports more power than what the set of m-boards consume.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Any workarounds? :-/

Sounds like there is a thinner amount of conducting metal somewhere along the path of electricity. The problem may be in the cable, the connectors, the soldering, or the PCB. Hard to tell. Is the cable hotter on the side of a PSU, or on the side of M-board? Either way I would try to replace the PSU if possible.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:39:41 AM

Did you find a way to get them to work? I am having the same issue.
littleai

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:26:42 AM

Dear,
I want to buy one 400G rig, anyone is planing to sell your used rig. PM me.

Thank you!
warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:07:05 PM

anyone have a link to the pi image?  or can i just use a standard raspbian image and then copy over the chain miner etc.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:00:06 PM

My sd card got corrupted so I imaged it again not realizing I used an old version of the image file from megabigpower. Nothing but low hash rates and 0 hash rates for 2 days.

When I realized this I put a new image on the sd card from megabig, the one linked in their help file pdf.

Its been running rocksolid for 2 days at full hash rate, about 30-34 ghash per card on an 8 card setup.

so, make sure you are running the most current image file as it makes a huge difference

Make sure you are using the correct image.  On the M-Board it will say what version the board is.  You can fit the V1 and V2 image on a 4GB SD card, however you will need an 8GB SD card for the V3 image. 

V1 (3.64GB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!GZEwQRiJ!TqG52DBj07C_zGO38dhXuyeNhwZ42VB2qk2ErfsrUZ8

V2 (3.64GB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!iVEwFKpT!TqRndnWurfcQ0V2gJb2sQlNcSGoMF1B7YpUoGDvVebI​

V3  (3.69GB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!7AFVhLwQ!BmgAIx32aQQxyadT1WKdJzNOUGQAQcQgYemfSJ6kMNM

Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skr9vitueeyxwmw/miner-v3-image-11-15-2013-customer.img
AMD FTW

Activity: 317

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:43:01 AM

any easy troubleshooting techniques?  I have a spare TPS53355 chip I could actually drop in if that is the issue, but i dont have the fine-point soldering skils to do that myself. (contracting out that task might work, but not sure what to look for in the yellowpages (Toronto, Ontario) to find someone capable of doing it.)

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your H-Card. I own a lot of these cards and I have at least 16 dead H-cards between all my rigs that I'd like to get them up and running. I did once observe one H-Card pop and I saw some smoke and definitely could identify the electrical burn smell. I determine the 30 amp fuse on the board was no longer allowing current to go through so I desoldered it and replaced it with another fuse. Unfortunately that board no longer works and the board looks completely fine. The other 15 or so defective boards between my other units also look good but don't hash.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:03:56 AM

any easy troubleshooting techniques?  I have a spare TPS53355 chip I could actually drop in if that is the issue, but i dont have the fine-point soldering skils to do that myself. (contracting out that task might work, but not sure what to look for in the yellowpages (Toronto, Ontario) to find someone capable of doing it.)

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your H-Card. I own a lot of these cards and I have at least 16 dead H-cards between all my rigs that I'd like to get them up and running. I did once observe one H-Card pop and I saw some smoke and definitely could identify the electrical burn smell. I determine the 30 amp fuse on the board was no longer allowing current to go through so I desoldered it and replaced it with another fuse. Unfortunately that board no longer works and the board looks completely fine. The other 15 or so defective boards between my other units also look good but don't hash.

Did you hot plug your cards? If yes the first and last chips comms are destroyed. you need to bypass them and your cards should hash again with 14chips.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:03:12 PM

Did you hot plug your cards? If yes the first and last chips comms are destroyed. you need to bypass them and your cards should hash again with 14chips.

i dont think i ever hotplugged, but i havent tried putting the bad card back in for months now since its at home and the bitfury is a 40min drive away, for only ~33GH if it worked magically.

there was no visible issue on the board, but i alcohol cleaned some of the dusty and greasy components

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:59:26 PM

Even sometimes just wiggling around in the slots will cause a small short. I had a box fan pointing at one of my rigs and the constant wobble eventually caused a slot on the M-board to not work. M-boards are really picky, at least the 3 I have had and now I have 10 cards and no board to run them on.
adib

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:02:40 PM

Here is how i solved the mboard connection problem:

ill post some more with an actual mboard with these on, self made of course

Edit: daddyfatsax care to sell those unused bitfury boards?

TIPS - 19JLxDkCfn5x667xCeSgmYNop4WLR3ci27
adib

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:02:22 PM

Check your voltage with a meter, if it says 0.6...0.75 youre good, just the first chip if youre lucky is gone.
Sometimes some sort of short in the spi chain can go wrong and it kills the whole h-card, finding it is quite challanging but doable.
As i have posted earlier, the 2.2 mboard can be modded with other type of connector. the one i posted sit on 2 mboards they are gold plated and tight
the rigs are running for months and are imune to power outs as the bfsb image sits on an usb stick and imune to airflow as the connectors are doing their job.
I could try o repair them or buy them from you faulty.

TIPS - 19JLxDkCfn5x667xCeSgmYNop4WLR3ci27
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: