Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [interest check and questions]small investment to help us scale our business.  (Read 863 times)
axilla (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 01:14:29 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 06:38:58 PM by axilla

Good morning all,

I have been working in a project for a little while now which you can see at rusticriggings.com - we're a new e commerce site geared around outdoor equipment.  We have been testing the waters around a website idea and have enough traction that we would like to scale the business.. I feel the next step would be a one year investment seeking between 40-50 btc.  At the end of the year we would all discuss the future and if required liquidate the site and all funds would be split amongst investors accordingly.  If things go swimmingly we can carry forward. This btc would be used in several ways.

1. Pay for a year of hosting + inventory control(also expand inventory)
2. Advertising
3. Design work

Funds during that time would NOT be used to pay myself.
Everything so far has been payed for by myself to market test.
After one small advertising campaign we saw traffic uptick and subsequent sales to go with it.

Traffic and sales can be verified upon request.  

We want to maintain an advertising campaign and really work on driving traffic.

Questions I have:
Is this an investment the community would be interested in?
What kind of % of the company can I expect to give up in exchange for the investment I seek?

If you would like to schedule a Skype chat pm me.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Progressive

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:41:19 PM

This is a fiat denominated investment.
Some of us may be interested if the profit in USD will be high enough (e.g. better than CIPHERMINE.B1 bond - paying 22% APR in fiat). What is your profit estimate?
axilla (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 02:56:04 PM

Based on scaled numbers I think we could see as much as 30k-40k usd profit in the first year, with an obtainable sales goal of 500k in product sales.  Then again we could flounder along and make nothing but a learning experience.. i do think that early investors will see a return on their investment due to the low initial scaling costs(I have all products lined up and will handle all day to day work).

Currently we have about 4800 products, with the investment we could add many thousands more.

Ideally I think I'd like the fewest number of investors possible.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:10:21 PM

So to clarify, you are seeking 5000 BTC.
Profit is estimated at $40,000.
This makes sense only if you expect the value of bitcoin to not rise by more than $8 in one year.
If you think bitcoin prices will go up by more than $8, then you will earn a better profit in holding your bitcoins.

This is why, its usually a bad idea investing bitcoins in businesses that don't earn revenue in bitcoins.

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
axilla (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 06:33:46 PM

So to clarify, you are seeking 5000 BTC.
Profit is estimated at $40,000.
This makes sense only if you expect the value of bitcoin to not rise by more than $8 in one year.
If you think bitcoin prices will go up by more than $8, then you will earn a better profit in holding your bitcoins.

This is why, its usually a bad idea investing bitcoins in businesses that don't earn revenue in bitcoins.

That is incorrect.. I was talking in usd equivalent.. We'd be seeking 40btc roughly.. Also we're a bitcoin only business and returns can be paid and will be paid in bitcoins so I'm not sure what you mean.. My website only accepts bitcoins.

Sorry I see how that could be confused.. Updated.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 06:43:56 PM

Where do you get your products from? wholesale or dropship?

What expertise do you bring to the table?

Do you have a slide deck or business plan we can look at?

What experience do you and your partners have with, retail, e-commerce, sales, tech., etc.

What are your contingency plans for CC, PayPal, etc fraud?

edit:
Are you in the U.S.? if so did you know that by raising funds from unqualified sources you might be breaking the law?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
axilla (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 07:05:58 PM

Where do you get your products from? wholesale or dropship?

What expertise do you bring to the table?

Do you have a slide deck or business plan we can look at?

What experience do you and your partners have with, retail, e-commerce, sales, tech., etc.

What are your contingency plans for CC, PayPal, etc fraud?

edit:
Are you in the U.S.? if so did you know that by raising funds from unqualified sources you might be breaking the law?

We use both for gear, drop shipping, and on hand equipment.  What we do drop ship is from our us supplier.

I'm not looking to raise funds yet, I am from the USA, what's the difference if bill from Montana or my mom invests in my business?  Did you know that the average  American unknowingly breaks 3 federal laws everyday?  I did not know that, but if someone can't buy ownership of something that just seems strange. 

Our plan for credit card fraud, PayPal, etc is to not take them as a form of payment.  We are a bitcoin only business so far.  Because of that we have prices that crush even amazon.

Should I request funding I'd have a business proposal.

Experience, I have a lot in all forms of web development, sales, marketing, and customer support.  My day job currently is an engineer and project manager for a Fortune 500 company.

axilla (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 10:19:02 PM

this thread can be closed.. thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: