Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:13:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Erupter Blades. Review, comments, photos, and discussion!  (Read 25164 times)
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:26:07 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 08:02:53 AM by mrb

I get dyslexic...........  Roll Eyes

Don't feel bad. dogie also wrote "oh great profit" instead of "oh great prophet", which is a choice insight into his mind Wink

That was also on purpose, to add sarcasm that he's not a god but someone who took a 50/50 guess and then necro'ed a 5 month old thread to gloat about an outcome we already knew and agreed upon.

You must have a short memory, dogie Wink You were one of the guys who bought blades (at 50.5 BTC each in the 2nd auction) and who thought would achieve 140% ROI *chuckle* when in fact it is clear by now 2nd auction buyers won't even mine more than ~40 BTC...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 08:42:22 AM

I get dyslexic...........  Roll Eyes

Don't feel bad. dogie also wrote "oh great profit" instead of "oh great prophet", which is a choice insight into his mind Wink

That was also on purpose, to add sarcasm that he's not a god but someone who took a 50/50 guess and then necro'ed a 5 month old thread to gloat about an outcome we already knew and agreed upon.

You must have a short memory, dogie Wink You were one of the guys who bought blades (at 50.5 BTC each in the 2nd auction) and who thought would achieve 140% ROI *chuckle* when in fact it is clear by now 2nd auction buyers won't even mine more than ~40 BTC...

Damn, I forgot I also sold those blades at full price after mining for a month - my bad.

tldr: mining is not the only use for mining equipment.

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 08:59:02 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:19:22 AM by mrb

My point is you predicted they would make 140% ROI *mining*, not re-selling. You were wrong on that. I am glad you financially did ok. But the bottom line is you underestimated difficulty increases. You said "we already knew", but you obviously did not.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 01:14:56 PM

My point is you predicted they would make 140% ROI *mining*, not re-selling. You were wrong on that. I am glad you financially did ok. But the bottom line is you underestimated difficulty increases. You said "we already knew", but you obviously did not.
Great, and your point to necro this thread was? Do we need to massage your ego before you let it die?

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 09:49:00 PM

I try to make you and others aware of, and learn from, your bad predictions of difficulty levels. And you are there assaulting me. *sigh*... The reason the quality of bitcointalk.org has degraded over the last 2 years is because of posts like yours Angry
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 09:50:41 PM

I try to make you and others aware of, and learn from, your bad predictions of difficulty levels. And you are there assaulting me. *sigh*... The reason the quality of bitcointalk.org has degraded over the last 2 years is because of posts like yours Angry

As I suspected/predicted, difficulty continued to increase significantly. Those who bid 75 BTC for a 12.8 Gh/s blade in late April 2013 never made their BTC back. They spent 75 BTC to mine ~40 BTC so far. They will never mine more than ~45 BTC in the rest of the lifetime of their equipment. Holding BTC would have been smarter.

I guess these blades have at least sentimental value, being some of the first ASICs.

Might want to look in the mirror. The reason it has 'degraded' is because there are now people willing to call you on your bullshit.

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 10:14:12 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 10:27:51 PM by mrb

There is no "bullshit" in my posts. I correctly predicted mining wouldn't make the BTC back. I never commented on reselling (which was the only way to make profit).

On the other hand, there is "bullshit" or plain lies in your posts ("I knew they were overpriced" vs. "I will achieve 140% ROI mining").

But this is irrelevant. If I had made an incorrect prediction, at most I would have been wrong, but I would not have degraded the quality of the forum's discussions, because my writings remain polite. I say you are degrading the quality of bitcointalk.org because you are being childish (lying), and verbally assaulting me.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 10:33:29 PM

There is no "bullshit" in my posts. I correctly predicted mining wouldn't make the BTC back. I never commented on reselling (which was the only way to make profit).

On the other hand, there is "bullshit" or plain lies in your posts ("I knew they were overpriced" vs. "I will achieve 140% ROI mining").

But this is irrelevant. If I had made an incorrect prediction, at most I would have been wrong, but I would not have degraded the quality of the forum's discussions, because my writings remain polite. I say you are degrading the quality of bitcointalk.org because you are being childish (lying), and verbally assaulting me.

LOL you are absolutely delusional. You necro'ed a 5 month old thread to boast that you got a prediction right, at the detriment of everyone else. You are better than us all, you are God.

Now stop fucking crying and let the thread die.

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 02:37:30 AM

LOL you are absolutely delusional. You necro'ed a 5 month old thread to boast that you got a prediction right, at the detriment of everyone else. You are better than us all, you are God.

I already explained why I revived this thread. You ignored it. And for the 3rd time: your verbal assault is continuing. Stop it. Be civil and respectful here. This is my last warning & reply to you.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 04:27:56 AM

I already explained why I revived this thread. You ignored it. And for the 3rd time: your verbal assault is continuing. Stop it. Be civil and respectful here. This is my last warning & reply to you.
As I said before, you're crying because 'the forum has changed', ie you say something retarded, people point it out, you cry about verbal abuse qq qq.

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

As I said before, you're crying because 'the forum has changed', ie you say something retarded, people point it out, you cry about verbal abuse qq qq.

Which of my statements is "retarded"? (2nd time you criticize. 2nd time you fail to point out the specific statement.)
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:59:09 PM

dogie - stop defending yourself
mrb - stop rubbing it in

there. happy Cheesy.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 10:00:40 PM

mrb - stop rubbing it in

there. happy Cheesy.
Oh my god let this thread die! 48 hour necro after we left it.

mrb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 08:02:48 AM

mrb - stop rubbing it in

I have no respect for people who refuse to admit their errors, use profanity, lie childishly, etc. Some confrontation can hopefully make them think about their actions, turn them into better individuals, and improve the quality of the forums. But then again I am an optimist...
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:24:47 AM

mrb - stop rubbing it in

I have no respect for people who refuse to admit their errors, use profanity, lie childishly, etc. Some confrontation can hopefully make them think about their actions, turn them into better individuals, and improve the quality of the forums. But then again I am an optimist...

SO what are your thoughts on Josh then ?

OBJECT NOT FOUND
fumble

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:59:48 PM

mrb - stop rubbing it in

there. happy Cheesy.
Oh my god let this thread die! 48 hour necro after we left it.

The way to let a thread die is to simply stop posting to it.

Gloating aside.  I think this thread is very informational and educational for the noob miner just getting into bitcoin and it shouldn't die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: