Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:00:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Asus Prime Z270-p (REWARD 75$ of BTC)  (Read 192 times)
Millime (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:10:49 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 01:13:49 AM by Millime

Hi There

I have a weird error with my Asus Prime Z270-p....

The rig was running for a while with 6 gpus on it, but yesterday it crashed and at boot it said windows startup was corrupted so i've freshly installed w10.

Now the problem is:

I can get 3 or less gpus running if one of them is connected to the first PCIE16x slot, more then that the bios appear and black screen after
BUT
I can get 5 gpus running IF the first PCIE16x slot is NOT used, more then that the bios appear and black screen after

I've tried multiple combinations of GEN1-2 in the 3 different place of the Mobo BIOS but I can't get it to work.
I've also tried to downgrade the bios mobo to V0812, testing 6 gpus was unsuccessful, I've switched it back to the latest Version and I can't use the first PCIE16x slot....
Also, I've tried different combinations of order for the gpus, they all seems to work fine.

Have any idea? Do you think the Mobo is fried or something ?
Thank you VERY much!

Info Update:
-Clear CMOS: Done multiple times
-Booting with only ONE gpu connected via risers to the first PCIE16x: Working
-Running BIOS version 1002
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Millime (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:59:58 AM

Update:

Added a reward for the solution to my problem.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:10:19 AM

Clear CMOS (either use the appropriate jumper, or remove the battery and replace it after ~10 seconds).

Then attempt to boot with ONE card, directly installed into the physical PCIe x16 slot closest to the CPU. Can you get your system to boot with this configuration?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Millime (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:12:30 AM

Clear CMOS (either use the appropriate jumper, or remove the battery and replace it after ~10 seconds).

Then attempt to boot with ONE card, directly installed into the physical PCIe x16 slot closest to the CPU. Can you get your system to boot with this configuration?

My system can boot with 1 gpu connected via riser on the first PCIE16x and I already did many Clear CMOS but without any results.
If with these informations you still think it's a good idea, I can test it
z97rx470

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:33:27 AM

It's a motherboard/processor issue, I got around this by using a port multiplier on one of the x1 slots.
I would try messing around with BIOS first like disabling junk like onboard audio and change pci configurations.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:33:47 AM

My system can boot with 1 gpu connected via riser on the first PCIE16x and I already did many Clear CMOS but without any results.

If you're certain all individual cards and risers are working, try adding them one-by-one, starting with one connected to the physical PCIe x16 slot closest to the CPU (use this one for video, as well).
Assuming your BIOS is currently at default settings, ensure that you have enabled 4G decoding, and have PCIe link speed to GEN1 or AUTO.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Onbusy

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

I have the Z270-P as well, I'm running SimpleMiningOS with 6x GPUs.  I had an issue as well with using the first PCIEx16 slot.  5 GPUs were easy to get up and running, but it took a while to get that 6th one up and running.  I'm using the latest bios downloaded and installed through the Asus flash utility via internet.  I have 4g Encoding Enabled, and the other options set to Gen 2 (I've heard Gen1 works better for Windows, not 100%).  Other thing was that even if I set the onboard video to primary, it sends the video feed to the card plugged into the first PCIEx16 slot.  Make sure your monitor is plugged into this card. 
Millime (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:43:27 AM

It's a motherboard/processor issue, I got around this by using a port multiplier on one of the x1 slots.
I would try messing around with BIOS first like disabling junk like onboard audio and change pci configurations.

Sadly I dont have a multiplier available, Junks are already disabled in the bios.
The annoying part is that I have dozen of this exact model up and running, but this one doesnt want to work...

If you're certain all individual cards and risers are working, try adding them one-by-one, starting with one connected to the physical PCIe x16 slot closest to the CPU (use this one for video, as well).
Assuming your BIOS is currently at default settings, ensure that you have enabled 4G decoding, and have PCIe link speed to GEN1 or AUTO.

Already tested that BUT i've didnt test to connect directly in a gpu, i'll try that
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:57:34 AM

This same thing had happened to me when I updated the the bios a few months ago and the settings got reset to default.  For me it was that Allow 4G Decoding was set to disabled.  My symptoms were the same as yours, just would go to a black screen unless I unplugged my 2 risers.  also make sure your default video card in the bios is set to the igpu.
kineda

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:21:52 AM

either you're first pcie16 slot is using 4x or you have something else onboard that is eating up additional pcie lanes.  i have an H170 and Asus doesn't have the option in mine to set the first pcie16 to gen1-2 so i can only run 5 myself if i skip that slot.  double check there isn't another spot you missed, make sure your audio controller is disabled, kill the usb3.1 controller if able, basically anything you aren't using.  disable fast boot and set to windows ieuf or whatever it is too

this helped me quite a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Ttlv9Sg28

ylpkm2

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:30:10 AM

Set all speeds to gen 2 (should be 2 or 3 spots that ask), 4g decoding on. perhaps try another riser connector and part. reinstall drivers,reboot, check device manager afterwards
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:26:27 PM

Try this.

Plug 3 cards in slots 1, 2, 3 (closest to the CPU so in that case 2nd slot would be the primary 16x slot)
Boot into BIOS.  PCI-e Gen2 and other standard BIOS configuration that works for mining is fine. Just turn off 4G decoding and Reboot
Boot into windows safe > Reboot to safe mode > Uninstall drivers using DDU > Reinstall drivers using DDU
Boot into windows > Enable reboot to safe mode and force shutdown > Plugin rest of the cards
Boot into BIOS > Enable 4G decoding > Reboot into safe mode (since you enabled this the last time before force shutdown) > Install drivers and Reboot normally.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:39:58 PM

I dont want the reward just wanted to let you know that this almost always happens to me after i get a Windows update. Might your problem have accured during one of those? Anyways, i reinstall windows, and in device manager i find the cards but it says that the drivers are wrong. Even tho its the right drivers, i uninstall them and install again. That usually does the trick.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: