Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you pay for Bamt 0.5 included on a usb Sandisk Cruzer Fit 5 BTC or ($20) to help pay for continue support?
I WOULD PAY 6 BTC!!! - 2 (4.4%)
YES!!! - 9 (20%)
MAYBE - 17 (37.8%)
NO - 9 (20%)
HELL NO!!!! - 8 (17.8%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT - USB key based Linux - POLL FOR BAMT USERS ONLY PLEASE  (Read 2374 times)
Splirow (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:56:02 AM

BAMT .5 will come with many bells and whistles. It will take linux built mining rigs and farm management to a new level.

This is an idea I think would be beneficial to the bamt community and the developer of BAMT.

It would be a small fee to pay....... What do you guys think?

BAMT USERS OR FUTURE USERS ONLY PLEASE!!

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 06:04:15 AM

I'm glad to support BAMT with both in-kind and normal donations, but I frankly don't need an extra flash drive, nor do I want to wait for one to be shipped. More to the point, if I'm donating, I want all the donations to go straight to lodcrappo. I suspect that will be the case for most BAMT users.

And, no offense, but your poll options are not very clear. Two indicate support and two do not. There is really no reason to differentiate between the two, and it makes it harder to interpret. Just my two cents.  Wink

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Splirow (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 06:08:02 AM

I'm glad to support BAMT with both in-kind and normal donations, but I frankly don't need an extra flash drive, nor do I want to wait for one to be shipped. More to the point, if I'm donating, I want all the donations to go straight to lodcrappo. I suspect that will be the case for most BAMT users.

I understand, but the truth is most people are not like me and you. They would prefer to use Bamt and all the support and do nothing to support the cause.
I would rather wait and make sure Lodcrappo gets paid!!!

PS>>>If this is ever done, I will also support bamt by donations as I think 5-6btc is not enough.
lodcrappo

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 06:19:30 AM

BAMT .5 will come with many bells and whistles. It will take linux built mining rigs and farm management to a new level.

This is an idea I think would be beneficial to the bamt community and the developer of BAMT.

It would be a small fee to pay....... What do you guys think?

BAMT USERS OR FUTURE USERS ONLY PLEASE!!

we talked about this a little bit.. 

I had thought about it, they seemed like a decent idea to me but people give me the impression that they wouldn't probably sell very well.   Plus packing and shipping, PITA Smiley   

It would be nice to do some kind of.. publicity or whatever it would be considered.. give something to people who donate.

I was looking at cafe press, they will let you sell t shirts, mugs, crap like that with your logo on them, no minimum order.  But.. 2 big problems:  1 they don't take btc and 2 - you make almost nothing, like $1 per $25 item.

Always open to ideas.  I appreciate you thinking about doing the keys, even if it doesn't prove to be popular.  I'll watch...

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 01:13:44 PM

To the OP ... no.  The idea of paying more to wait longer for new release in the digital age seems silly.  I buy most of my games direct download now for the same reason.

To lodcrappo ...
I think you need to take a page from RedHat.  Give the product away for free but charge for support.  It doesn't have to be complicated but something like "a donation of X BTC makes you a paid supporter".  Then announce due to the workload in developing new features you can't assist in troubleshooting unless someone is a paid supporter.  Make a paid supporter thread.  Noobs can still get 3rd party help.  Also offer per incident remote troubleshooting service for users with persistent problems.  Charge whatever you value your time at.  Say 5 BTC per 30 minutes (in 30 minute blocks w/ 30 minute minimum).
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 06:53:55 PM

I voted no for the same reasons (don't need yet another USB key and do not want to wait for shipping).
I'd support donations, or a minimal download fee- as long as processing was near-instant.

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
ptshamrock

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 05:20:03 PM

where is the BAMT thread ? cant find it Smiley

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 05:49:45 PM

where is the BAMT thread ? cant find it Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28967.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: