Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:14:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6339 times)
Nitori_m

Activity: 346
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:11:00 PM

Everytime a fake looking account ask me for my portfolio so they can help me trade for mouth watering returns....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

Got scammed before. Well one was basically a wrong data entry on Etherdelta so noone to blame but me but it was costly. The other was a bounty called qompass. It seems they exit scammed. Then there was a thread here on the forum about a planned airdrop. That was moved on to discord where later it was turned into a fake sale of Masternodes for the new project. It is really amazing how much time and effort some people put to cheat for relatively small amounts of money.

But the fact is, there is plenty who do not have any problem to engage that way or even see it as a kind of sport. So be careful before you send any money or crypto and think twice.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 07:38:09 PM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

When I was a newbie, I kept on joining airdrops since it is free. Then, I have joined one airdrop where there is link to MEW (phishing) then I lost most of my tokens. From then on, I have learned to book mark websites and avoid clicking links.
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:56:14 AM

Yes I was scammed once. I was a noob back then when I first started investing in ICO's. I received an e-mail from the ICO which I was whitelisted to and wanted to invest. In the email they wrote the ETH adress for contributions. I have contributed to that adress. And then I contacted the team saying that I didn't receive my tokens. Then it turned out that the email I got was scam.

vested

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:25:53 PM

Fortunately, I have never been scammed even almost. I always try to avoid such situation and I donít take place in not convincing projects at all. Even if I have a little doubt, it is not suitable for me and I am looking for another one. To be careful is very useful in crypto world.
lybship53

Activity: 770
Merit: 400

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Merited by lyka (50)

I, too, have been deceived more than once by participating in Bounty programs.
I believe that at the dawn of cryptography in a crypto community among the participants were more humane and trusting relationships. There was unity, there was a dream. But as soon as big money came to the blockchain, all this was left in the past. It is a pity. At first, the dream of financial success united people, and then began to divide.
Xtinah

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:40:50 PM

I have been scammed on bounty programmes but not on ICos... I always take my time to know about ICo's before investing. I somehow just get to know when an ico is scam. This crypto space is filled with fraudsters and scammers, one has to be careful no matter how experienced you are, you can still fall
Yourodiviy

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:47:45 PM

Yes, once, when I was just getting acquainted with the cryptocurrency world, I received an e-mail from myetherwallet asking me to enter my wallet because of an update. A few days later all the tokens from my wallet were stolen))

imusify Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted
Whitepaper ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN Explainer Video
marados

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:08:22 PM

Got scammed once, by investing in project that turned out to be complete scam and just went missing. It was around new year, wasn’t really some high amount of investment, but still... It was completely my fault because I was blindly trusting person behind the project...

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Stewart66

Activity: 630

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:16:09 PM

there are various ways that scammers in ico do, one of which is to make fake telegram accounts as closely as possible to the admin, even I've seen on a project there are some investors sending their money to scammers and after investigating it turns out they are stuck with fake telegram accounts claiming admin, even though at that time they intended to buy lots of tokens

kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:30:19 PM

100% of those guys pm you in telegram or other social networks for the purpose of introducing ICO or airdrop they are scam.
Be careful not to click on any  link. And please report the scam right away.
cathat

Activity: 264

TEMCO

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:04:49 PM

In the 21st century, it is very easy to get to the scammers especially in this area. But personally, I managed to get around them, because of my insight and ingenuity.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:10:28 PM

Many and often I find there are accounts that try to fake participant data using their wallet addresses, but sometimes it can be handled by managers and disqualified but there are some who are not careful so that when our distribution does not get tokens because other people have claimed tokens, things like this we really have to pay attention because all of this concerns our work because if we let it continue then the losses that we will get.
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:13:13 PM

Yes I have. This was around October of 2017 where in I participated in this so-called project's signature campaign. I had a strong feeling that there was something fishy about the project. But I went on working on the campaign which ran for two months because the manager was really entertaining. He even went in saying that the project may be a scam and that we are working at our own risk. Well in the end, it was actually a scam. Fortunately I did not cash in and all I lost was my time. Honestly, It was a fun way of learning to be vigilant in choosing and dealing with these projects.

Cassy14

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:13:20 PM

Fortunately, I never experienced getting scammed yet and hopefully don’t ever get to experience it.
It’s hard to say whether a project or a user account is genuine or not, that’s why I don’t usually join any project unless someone gives me a signal that the specific project is legit.
mihtju

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:27:26 PM

I have not been cheated by someone personally, but I have invested several times in ICO, which eventually turned out to be fraudulent. Unfortunately, I lost my money on this, and vel did not learn any lesson from this, since I understood that there are fraudulent ICOS and I was aware of my risk.

Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:54:06 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 04:02:17 PM by Denreal

I would agree that i have been scammed. Sometimes, when it comes to things like cryptocurrency, it is until when you face things like scam, before one can become very wise.
I have been scammed on two occasions and that was during self drops. I had no experience with them and there was no one to warn me over it, but my experience with such made me wiser and i cannot invest into such again.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:00:15 PM

I have been scammed but that doesn't scares me at all. I just find some safety precautions as i go on with bitcoin. We have to be very careful so that hard work will not be wasted.
dedocry

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:01:31 PM

I have been scammed and not only one time. Last time 90% of bounty campaign are scamm

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
1DC

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:03:33 PM

I've never been scammed at all,  in this industry all you need is to be careful for every transaction you do here and also you need to be wise to bot be fooled by someone. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: