Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6338 times)
ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:06:11 PM

phishing sites everywhere and really be extremely attentive so you can lose all your money

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

When I join the space newly, I was scammed in a ICO group, someone fake the admin account, I went to the group to lay a complain about inability to make an investment, I did and was contact via pm with a wrong contract address, and I went to make the transfer, only to discovered it was a scam.

defc0de

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:17:10 PM

I got scammed on a phishing district0x airdrop page before. I didn't check the official URL of the project and I was so naive to share my private keys with them lol. Lesson learned though, I'm double checking everything now. Always double check everything if ever you handle your precious crypto! Scammers are just everywhere, lurking and waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:52:35 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 07:13:45 PM by EmmanCryp

That us a good advice that new and old cryptocurrency traders shouldnatuck to. I was almost scammed on exchange during the early days of trading when I deposit btc into unpopular exchange.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Quas09

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:53:13 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

Yes, i have been scammed many times in bounty campaigns. The bounty project is getting failed and scamming all the people who invest in that project and i as a bounty hunter i wasted many times doing the work for the campaign and i did not get any tokens.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:33:20 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

Yes, i have been scammed many times in bounty campaigns. The bounty project is getting failed and scamming all the people who invest in that project and i as a bounty hunter i wasted many times doing the work for the campaign and i did not get any tokens.

As what have you experienced , about scammed bounty ICO, I also experienced with this scammed bounty project, we can considered ourself also as victims of this fraud bount, even if we are not buying the ICO coin of this bounty ,but as a participant of the bounty we are also spending time and effort helping to promote the project but at the end we receive nothing but a lot of frustrations for this scammed bounty.

losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:46:12 AM

Now everybody need to be careful on people you come across most especially on social media like Facebook and telegram why because the will use some admin profile and try to tell you to invest that’s why before you invest check if it’s they main projects wallet by checking through there official websites.
uwatere

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:34:06 PM

I have been deceived, but I will not give up and despair. I will continue to struggle to get my dreams. Therefore we must be careful. Wink Wink
abubakar.tapo

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:41:39 PM

Fortunately, I did not have to experience the feeling of a deceived person in crypto. I am just starting to work in cryptography. I protect my behavior very well with my caution. I try not to communicate with suspicious individuals. With the ether purse, too, extremely cautious and attentive.
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:06:39 PM

Not almost but I did get scammed. It was some shady airdrop that I had to do and then I was not as well versed in cryptocurrencies like I am not and when they asked for the private key, I entered it without realizing that it was on a phishing site which meant that I had given them access to my account. Lucky for me the only coins in the account were only worth a couple of dollars

nezzard

Activity: 434

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 04:13:16 PM

I was scammed at least 3 times. It was when I was inexperienced and poorly versed in projects. I believed people and then they lied to me and took my investments  Undecided

lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:58:43 PM

I was scammed at least 3 times. It was when I was inexperienced and poorly versed in projects. I believed people and then they lied to me and took my investments  Undecided
You are very lucky if you have just received a fraud project three times if I almost every project that I follow has the potential for fraud, my analysis is wrong or indeed my fate is out of luck because I worked on a long duration project so that there were only a few projects and could scam because the token hasn't been distributed until now.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Uguande

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

Yes I have. This was around October of 2017 where in I participated in this so-called project's signature campaign. I had a strong feeling that there was something fishy about the project. But I went on working on the campaign which ran for two months because the manager was really entertaining. He even went in saying that the project may be a scam and that we are working at our own risk. Well in the end, it was actually a scam. Fortunately I did not cash in and all I lost was my time. Honestly, It was a fun way of learning to be vigilant in choosing and dealing with these projects.
I think, that every bounty hunter have been scammed for once in their life. Especially, if bounty hunters participated in many social media bounty. As for me, I have been scammed for several times too
pearcy jackson

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:52:50 PM

I was more often affected by phishing, and I was still lucky because it had not ended up in a scammer and theft of accounts / assets. My tips is to be careful in all conditions.
Didin

Activity: 395

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:21:24 PM

now sammers come with a lot of ways,,
such as come to email with phissing links, ask your private keys for free token or coins,, and others
so, people should becareful and do not click any phissing link from the internet,,
i never get scammed,, because i always double check all the things before doing something my friend

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
Itsaskaaaam

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:38:29 PM

On the ICO websites we can see ratings from various trackers, all with high scores. I checked on the sites, the score is really that. But can it be trusted?
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:42:57 PM

I am not yet being scammed here. But one time I joined ICO. In their bounty signature campaign to be exact and then the ICO not actually reached the softcap that time so they failed and didnt follow their roadmap so they decided to cancel their ICO and they didnt pay us in return. But its okay. Its a matter of sacrifice.
gopisahar

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:43:47 PM

I got scammed only once, by some mining site, but after i never invested on site like that.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 06:45:56 PM

Have never been scam and I pray that I should not fall into scammers trap. But have almost be scam several time but I don't follow procedure of any suspicion site or link send to me.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Strotman

Activity: 588

Bounty Detective

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:50:20 PM

Someone's using my e-mail to register with airdrop. He made a composite personality. All data except ETH wallet in it are taken from real people. Usually I try to write projects that conduct airdrop. I ask them to remove the ETH wallet of the scammer from the spread.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: