Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't look at btc every five minutes  (Read 2370 times)
kramr

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:07:55 PM

At first I often watched my bitkoynom (several times a day), but now I see the difference. I rarely see it, and now I'm more relaxed. Do not panic when I see a red

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:26:40 PM

Lolz, you got a nice point there at OP. But this does not affect me in anyways, cause I had to deal with my panicking last year, when I got to understand that bitcoin fluctuates in minutes and hours. I don't look at the price of bitcoin because I want to sell, I look at its price because I just have to. When I am less busy, I am in bitcoin forum, then not being updated with it's price is not too good as a crypto lover.
Roksodhon

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:43:08 AM

However, checking it every minute is a real struggle, as we wanted to see if our coins doing, checking doesn't mean we want to sell it. This is not a mistake if you always look at them. This is the anxiety of all traders.
beezunus

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:38:42 AM

bitcoin will be more profitable if we invest for the long term and will make us more calm, no need to see the price every minute because it will only make us panic and will not be able to control the emotions
s0beit

Activity: 556
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:40:59 PM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning

I agree with you but this is honestly one of my daily mistakes which only leads to stress and panic. I think looking or checking the market price once in a while is enough just for us to have an assurance and security on what to decide. Better just hold and monitor your coins but don't stress yourself in holding.
wbk940122

Activity: 376

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:05:13 PM

I agree with you  there is  need to watch  bitcoin  price every minutes, because it can make you feel confused or panic and lose bitcoin barley at a cheap price. this is the normal problem for newbie.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:05:21 PM

During the great Bitcoin crash, I just avoid myself to look at the prices every single hour or day. But as of now, things are looking good in the cryptocurrency market now because the April tax deadline has ended, so I think I have ni problem in looking at the prices from time to time.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:46:51 PM

Controlling the market twice a day is enough (in the morning and in the evening).
Thanks god a smartfone can help you in doing that wherever you are - just make a bookmark and enjoy life.
Anyway, BTC is on the decline now, so I don't think there will be unexpected news on the market in the next few months.

summit26

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:57:01 PM

No need to look at bitcoin price every 5 minutes, perhaps 4-5 times a day is enough because the price changes is not material with that time changes. You dont have to be panic, just relax and there still hope that the price will back to an increasing trend.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
rafaelyarulin

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:58:55 PM

Totally agree with the topicstarter. If I decided to invest my money in smith, that means I tried to analyze that market, I made some conclusions, some forecasts. So, there is no need to track it every 5 minutes, at least for first couple of days.
WolkGold

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:27:47 PM

I know you have reason to look at the bitcoin value every 5 minutes but that might be a waste of time. Bitcoin values ​​only bring about natural and normal fluctuations before entering the critical period for growth or dumping. I only take the time to do that when there are effects from FUDs or special times for sale.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:41:15 PM

If we look charts below 1 hours is too many fake signal because fluctuation is very high and it will make a bad  analysis for us. I'm always looking charts for 1 hours until 1 week to know how good trend in a few days.
Badjasman

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:53:17 PM

I wish I had the force not to have a look every five minutes. Deleting the tracker apps for a week helped though. But now the bull market has started I have reinstalled them.  Grin
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

Looking at the price changes too often could lead us to make a bad decision as I already experienced it at the beginning of my trading journey. I took an action too fast just because I saw the fluctuation wasn't at my favor. Nowadays I prefer to look at the trend in a longer period.

billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:16:06 PM

This situation only happens with people who're free all day and they're concern about their investment in Bitcoin.
Or people who spend their whole career on Bitcoin and they're nervous about it , about their future also.
It's absolutely not a good thing to do because it will bring to you some bad mood and you don't want to get those moods for sure.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:30:50 PM

bitcoin will be more profitable if we invest for the long term and will make us more calm, no need to see the price every minute because it will only make us panic and will not be able to control the emotions
A true investor will invest the money in Bitcoin that he does not need for instant use in future. By this I mean that he will go for long term investment and would not need to worry about the small fluctuations in the value of his portfolio. This is the reason long term investment is preferred in many case. The Cameron brothers who sued Mark in 2019 I thin invested in Bitcoin and held onto their portfolio without selling a single coin. This was why they were the Bitcoin billionaires in 2017.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:34:13 AM

It isnt necessary to look so often at the cost of the bought coin. You have to choose carefully time for investment, and then forget about it and not give in to panic of the market. Then you will see the necessary result.

Changes over time may be big or small can cause a negative mindset on it, thinking that it will sink deeper and fall more. So often check it is not recommended unless you're the type of person who is sticking in the hold. Exactly I am trading from a very long time. We have seen over time that how bitcoin fluctuates
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:17:34 AM

for some people it is very important to see it every minute, for example traders they always pay attention to the market price every minute while trading. so your advice seems to me a bit wrong, but there is also truth because only coward who always pay attention to market price when he invest long-term. Wink
guojii

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:23:16 AM

I think we should not do this. This is a mistake that many of us often make. This can easily lead to panic. Bitcoin is a long-term investment. If you often go to see it in the short term, it doesn't make much sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  

Jump to: