Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:19:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitconnect scammed ?  (Read 212 times)
Roboabhishek (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:23:48 AM

I was hearing a lot about bitconnect from many people on youtube and socially about its scam, one of the biggest in the history.
Did some research and found there were some people who lost their live's savings into this scam. you can watch some of them are here "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqC7D763YM"

However, they are being investigated now, and do you think that people will get their money back even if the government get some of the amounts from bitconnect back?
 (I never invested in this system if you wanted to know)

Would like to hear your thoughts about it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:26:56 AM

I was hearing a lot about bitconnect from many people on youtube and socially about its scam, one of the biggest in the history.
Did some research and found there were some people who lost their live's savings into this scam. you can watch some of them are here "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqC7D763YM"

However, they are being investigated now, and do you think that people will get their money back even if the government get some of the amounts from bitconnect back?

Why should the government that is mainly funded by central banksters support cryptoeconics they might imprison the scammers keeping the funds for themselves

Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:29:37 AM

I hope people get their money back though. But at least, they should learn their lesson. Numerous and even trusted people with big names calls it out a scam and they cry out that they are just jealous. LOL

They had it coming for them. Some of them are just too lazy to do a little research as long as they are getting paid multiple times, which doesn't equate its legitimacy.

They did scammed people. It's pretty obvious and I'm pretty sure that's why I lure people away from it before.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:37:59 AM

I don't think they can get their money back because they are not from the US, and with everything like this it will be a very long process.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
thr3

Activity: 77
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

I don't think they can get their money back because they are not from the US, and with everything like this it will be a very long process.

Chances are a bulk of the money in Bitconnect is in cryptos, for any agency to get the money they will need to get the private keys of the wallet, if the assets are held in exchanges then the process will be slightly simpler but if they are in more harder to access exchanges then this is going to be very difficult. Consider your money burned if you invested in BitConnect.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:10:25 AM

Bitconnect scam are well known from the start,most of the invetors who invested in the ponzi scheme know about the risk of losing their money in an instant but they have refused the warnings from the people,thats why they ended up in bad situation they couldnt blame others from their actions,they wanted to have fast and easy money thats why they took the risk,clearly its their own fault.

Awan Awan

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:14:02 AM

First, i dont think government will refund the money to that people although government has a fund to do it.
Second, its his mistake to join very high risk investment with saving money. I think would be better if we spare money from salary at any percentage so we dont use our earlier saving to invest.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:14:56 AM

I really think that bitconnect is a scam, from 400 usd to 3-5 usd real quick isn't that hilarious? one of a biggest scam here in cryptcurrency. There are some video that compiled all the evidences that saying bitconnect is a not scam check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbR1SXIje1U&t=15s
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:31:07 AM

This news is very busy talked about, I am sad to hear and see the condition of the victims of bitconnect. In my country very many victims from bitconnect, they all have lost their jobs and all assets owned, there are also that his household was destroyed because of divorce.

They are interested in the bonus that bitconnect is paid, but we always warn them not to participate and invest in bitconnect. But they never heard and kept going with bitconnect.

On the other hand, the public only knows that it's all caused by bitcoin and other crypto, making the crypto name in the eyes of the world worse.

In the future we should provide more education about crypto and blockchain to the public, so they are more understanding and not wrong in choosing the investment.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:35:43 AM

Bitconnect scam are well known from the start,most of the invetors who invested in the ponzi scheme know about the risk of losing their money in an instant but they have refused the warnings from the people,thats why they ended up in bad situation they couldnt blame others from their actions,they wanted to have fast and easy money thats why they took the risk,clearly its their own fault.
This indeed right,people had been warned but they didnt listen,obviously this was a scam from the start but they choose to invest,the blood is in their hands,their stupid actions resulted to losses and they can olny blame themselves.People has the right to choose but if you are choosing to what most of the opposed the fault would be yours,this is the main problem of our community most of the new investors are investing without any knowledge to the project.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:42:34 AM

I know bitconnect is scam from the first time I heard about it.
and I think that's normal, all project using ponzi scheme always end up as a scam.
I don't think they will get their money back.
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:17:57 AM

I know bitconnect is scam from the first time I heard about it.
and I think that's normal, all project using ponzi scheme always end up as a scam.
I don't think they will get their money back.
It's pretty easy to know if it is highly likely a scam but those who invest in these ponzi's are kind of ignorant. People warn them but they ignore it just because they earn so much.

Yep, it's most likely that they won't get their money back.

hghcoin

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:26:26 AM

I hate these crooks very much and I also regret those cheated friends. However, I think the money will not come back. If some countries forbid the encryption of currency, they may not accept such cases. Before I had a friend tricked bitcoin, the other party did not transfer to him, but his country is forbidden bitcoin, so he can do nothing.
JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:26:58 AM

It is really sad for the people who invested money on bitconnect the team planned a scam for a year and it was successful. To everybody that invested to BCC is really crying right now because many people reminded them that BCC is a scam and yet they are not listening because they earn money, the greed takes control of their rational mind.

Yep, it's most likely that they won't get their money back.

as per this i also think that they wont get a single cent back into their money because it their fault trusting a scam. And once a scam always a scam maybe now the team behind BCC is hiding.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
thurlowweed

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:55:19 AM

Ok so Bitconnect was a scam, or at the least they got shut down and it really seems that way.  I actually invested into the program,  once I started to realize it could be a scam, I went started pulling out my daily deposits, and I really didn't lose that much.  Yes I'm luck, and there are others who have lost much more.

Here's the problem that I see with this.  I am a small business owner, my wife and I own a few businesses, I do Forex Trading as well as my own stock investing, sometimes day trading.  But I didn't know anything about cryptocurrencies and when I decided that I wanted to start learning and dip my feet in, well Bitconnect looked safe on the outside.  When people do not know when they are getting into, they want to try and get into something that is stable, so they can minimize risk, especially while they are learning. 

Since I was lending in the platform, I know that nowhere did they guarantee 1% for everyone per day. It did not state that anywhere.  Also on the "Terms & Conditions" that HAD to be clicked, EVERY TIME you did a loan, it states that this is risky, nothing is guaranteed, and that you know this and by click that button you agree.   So how is that the platforms fault.  As long as the Youtubers covered their a** then they stated that they are not giving investing advice and to invest at their own risk.  If they were just sharing what their experience is on the platform, then they are doing nothing wrong, and they were not leading anyone on intentionally, they were just sharing what was happening to them . . . they're personal experience.

Now were there some Youtubers that were outright lying? I'm sure there were, but I don't think it was the well known ones.

Also, what if someone invested their life savings into bitcoin and then next week it tanked to "$0" would they be able to sue everyone involved in the Bitcoin.com or Bitcoin.org websites stating that it's a scam, and they were scammed?

Please need to take responsibility for their actions. If they invested and they lost out, well that was the risk they knew from the start. . . . You can't sue someone or a business for your ignorance.
sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:58:55 AM

People have always recommended terrible things hey guess what.....do. Your. Own. Research. If you want to let someone else make the decisions with your money, you are the only one to blame.

SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:59:37 AM

People had warned long time ago that bitConnect is a scam. Those who invested in bitConnect are too greedy. My sympathy doesn't go with them.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:11:57 AM

I think it'll be very difficult for a government to recover money from bitconnect scam, as this scam was spread all over the world, not in the single country. There are the same kind of projects running at the moment but people never learn.

bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:22:36 AM

Chances are a bulk of the money in Bitconnect is in cryptos, for any agency to get the money they will need to get the private keys of the wallet, if the assets are held in exchanges then the process will be slightly simpler but if they are in more harder to access exchanges then this is going to be very difficult. Consider your money burned if you invested in BitConnect.

I read that there was at least a couple of lawsuits being filed against them so there might still be a chance for some form of restitution.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:33:11 AM

I have heard a lot about bitconnect, this is what makes me hesitate to enter the bitconnect world. I learned a bit about bitconnet, there is a pyramid scheme pattern and it gives a profit that is not enough to make sense to me. this is what makes me not interested to join in it. but, oddly enough until now there are still many people who keep joining.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM