Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:36:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN G20 6 FEBRUARY, WHAT HAPPENS?  (Read 389 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:52:21 AM

What  will  happen  this  6 February if they  will decide  to  regulate ICOs  and  Cryptocurrencies, taxing them?

IN the  dot.come bubble  happened   the same (it  was the  far wast the  same  as ICO  today before  they regulated  them)  and   the price dropped  of  80%

Amazon  was   being traded at 70$,  and  then dropped  to  11$

And  Amazon is comparable  to  what Bitcoin  is  now  for  the crypto world.

Do you  think is  better  to  buy-in after   the  crash at cheaper prices?

P.S.  Stay away all  people  who  doesn't know  anything about  economic,  it' s  useless  to  say ''Hodl, Hodl''  if the  price will crash of 80%  and the market  will recover in 8  years.

What is  the best move if they  will tax  cripto?

What  will be  the  post apocaliptic scenario?

Coleson31

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:12:48 AM

What  will  happen  this  6 February if they  will decide  to  regulate ICOs  and  Cryptocurrencies, taxing them?

IN the  dot.come bubble  happened   the same (it  was the  far wast the  same  as ICO  today before  they regulated  them)  and   the price dropped  of  80%

P.S.  Stay away all  people  who  doesn't know  anything about  economic,  it' s  useless  to  say ''Hodl, Hodl''  if the  price will crash of 80%  and the market  will recover in 8  years.

G20 summit will certainly negatively affects the market of crypto. I will advise to hold momentarily. As par as I remember G20 summit always took concern their countries welfare, with that scenario I would think that in some ways they will take advantage the summit to impose certain regulation that will affects crypto sample of this is taxation, Laws on trading, and ICO's. One also I think will try to impose is control on crypto against money laundering.
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:29:39 AM

Be interesting to see, part of me feels that regulation and tax might bring comfort to those who fear a crypto ban or shutdown, if they regulate and tax, it's pretty well accepted now and shouldn't go away.

What will happen with stealth coins? these may get banned, if not they will gain good value, no exchange will list a stealth coin if it's the difference between being shut down or kept open.

People like myself who use crypto only for legal activities see no threat in regulation, it won't upset my trading or confidence.
Now those who are using crypto for illegal activities will want to get out while they can, this may dip the market a bit.

Just remember, if you ever cash out back to fiat you're paying tax regardless, if it's a good amount and makes it to a bank account and you don't declare this income, expect a knock on the door some time in the future.
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:46:41 AM

I don't know what is wrong with so many people. "Crashing market", "post-apocalyptic", "taxes will kill crypto" and that sort of is completely irrelevant. You think cryptocurrencies gave us anarchic powers to overcome laws and fiat money?

All cryptocurrencies are and will be (at least few more years) directly linked to fiat. You would like to enjoy your crypto earnings? You have to cash out to fiat. I am not counting few e-shops and hipsta-cafés which accept Bitcoin as a payment.

If you cash out to fiat, you HAVE to pay taxes regardless of the source. In many countries, small yearly incomes (<1k USD in my country) are not subject to taxes. Thus, many small traders are absolutely safe.

Large investors who invest larger amounts of money are aware of the laws and to be honest, they don't care about taxes. They pay huge taxes already. They know they have to pay and are comfortable with it. In my country and my bank, any deposit on my account (doesnt matter if local or international) above 20k USD means the bank will call you on phone and ask from whom and for what did you receive that money (already valid anti money laundering law). The payment is also likely to be sent to officials to check.

Maybe we will have to register ourselves with our valid ID and all fiat-in and fiat-out activities will have to be logged. But that is OK, isn't it? Or is any one of you using crypto for illegal activities?

Crypto will be regulated, deal with it. Much worse scenario would be if it would not. Few idiots who use it for illegal stuff could cause crypto to become illegal.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:43:05 AM

If you are not strong beliver in any project where you have invested your money then you should cashout your money and stay in usd, and plaease remember that taxation or regulation will make crypto legal so then it will truly become unstoppable.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:03:09 AM

I think all this year we will see news that havr negative effect on the market. When institutional investors take all coins of weak hands, market will rise to the moon. This is inevitable.

Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:24:56 AM

Thanks for information, I had no idea about this meeting before your post.  Now I would better get rid of all my crypto and wait till the results of summit

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
LEINADbtc

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:30:14 AM

That will be better.
Getting cryptocurrencies regulated, means more and more people will get in.
Maybe not imminently but it will.

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:43:12 AM

That will be better.
Yeah, but what about taxes?  Moreover Russian authorities are elaborating a law according to which, unqualified investors are not allowed to purchase tokens in amount exceed 1000$. That is tough

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 11:01:00 AM

It usually takes governments many months to analyze, debate and vote, before making laws. I don't think that anything concrete will take place on Feb 6.

muncuss

Activity: 654
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:21:44 AM

taxation is no problem and i'm not doing any illegal activities, so nothing to worry for me.

well only taxation is no problem. i still don't like if they go too far.
And i think this crypto is different from dot.com bubble

zombies

Activity: 245
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:26:37 AM

The real blow will be during this November when all sorts of law will take place due to G20. Cryptomaniacs will lose their minds and will go into hiding for their logic-less HODL mantra. Innocent people who listened to me will be happy campers where as people who ignored my posts will regret for life and some may even try for crazy things.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 11:31:40 AM

I think it will not affect bitcoin, because personal ideas even from well known people don't affect much bitcoin as government banning fuds.

Kirja

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:50:00 AM

Zombies again???!! Cheesy
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:39:50 PM

There will be some regulations for sure. Maybe they will make it illegal using anonymous cryptos, who knows. But what we do know is that they will try to take as much of our profits as they can by taxation.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:46:41 PM

to be honest I am not very optimistic. If China, USA and Russia decide against cryptocurrencies they will shut it down in few weeks. Bitcoin can surge down with negative news to 1000-2000$, and all other alts will bleed even more. Best thing nowadays is to escape to fiat and wait for brighter days.
hypcoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:52:24 PM

to be honest I am not very optimistic. If China, USA and Russia decide against cryptocurrencies they will shut it down in few weeks. Bitcoin can surge down with negative news to 1000-2000$, and all other alts will bleed even more. Best thing nowadays is to escape to fiat and wait for brighter days.

If this happens, I‘ll eat my dick. Support is  looking strong now. Could go a little lower up to $5000-5500 maximum.

We saw a beautiful correction going to mid November levels. Nothing dramatic, just time to accumulate or hold. G20 won‘t change much the price of cryptos. It‘s not one of the most important topics for politicians, just a side discussion.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:00:01 PM

how much have been paying you to make this kind of panicking topic?can you sleep good at night?you all trolls are no space here..make your own platform not here in bitcointalk.org.

We will support bitcoin into the last drop,but if things goes better in next few weeks this thread will become a comedy portion for clowns like you..bitcoin price will never hit $5,000 never ever
preshpr1nce

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:00:51 PM

That will be better.
Yeah, but what about taxes?  Moreover Russian authorities are elaborating a law according to which, unqualified investors are not allowed to purchase tokens in amount exceed 1000$. That is tough

Tax already exists on crypto if you plan to turn it in to real money, you'll have to declare it as income if it's over X amount, you cannot dodge this as of now, and you won't be able to dodge this after regulation.

It will probably go down under capital gains or something similar, where I live, for a company or organisation this can be 30% tax, for a sole individual it's the same as income tax (meaning nothing changes as of now you currently have to pay income tax or you'll be done for tax evasion)

Also like another person said above, this won't happen over night, but the emotional sorts will panic on any news.

It's a good thing, it means no more talks of banning it once regulated
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:06:34 PM

Just give us update on what will be the conclusion of thier meeting. Im hoping that after the summit a good news will bring the market back specially  to all the coins.
kizumin

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:39:47 PM

Yay, more FUD news and the market will bleed red. Can't we have peace and stability, please?

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
preshpr1nce

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:11:08 PM

Yay, more FUD news and the market will bleed red. Can't we have peace and stability, please?

Not really FUD mate, there's 2 sides to a coin, we may see a small dip but long term this is great news for crypto.
Be interesting to see what the banking coins will do if they have to pay capital gains tax on the coins they were given for free.

But for the rest, I see nothing but positive long term from regulation, I know some serious traders who won't go near crypto due to no regulation.

Now let's also remember, G20 is going to DISCUSS regulations, it hasn't happened yet, no FUD from me.
gargamel-crabman

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:15:20 PM

There are some great opinions here regarding the future of crypto regulation. It will get regulated for sure. Governments cant have the wild west continue like it is. Too much blood, too many gangsters! I doubt it will get banned altogether, since it's a new source of revenue in tax dollars.

The banks are going to try and fight it. They see their tombstones on the horizon! The ones who dont understand how to implement and fight it like Jamie Dimon will die off. The way I see Chase Bank now is very much like Blockbuster when Netflix came onto the scene. At least they'll always have Alaska.
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:38:23 PM

I see this issue such as the fact in some countries to block an application or perhaps internet channels. There are still rooms to penetrate if really needed by folks. In other side, I believe each government want to protect their interests and people. If more people need the crypto world to be alive, then it 'll be ... even more solid and steady of crypto world
Also It will be not easy for government to conclude, decide and make a rule. It needs time, thorough comprehensive reviews and a solid understanding of whole part. Then still a hope that crypto world will be still exist and perhaps after G20 6 February there is synergy scheme between government and crypto world that result to wriggling of crypto world. 

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Estrath

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:07:29 PM

The effect will be clearly negative, as there definitely will be a proposal to conclude an alliance/attempts of preliminary agreements about the mutual regulation of the crypto-currency market. Presumably, though prices will fall, there will not be any clear unified decisions on regulation of the cryptocurrency, so the market will recover quickly. Although the majority of the countries of G20  strongly oppose the cryptomarket development, some strong countries are more liberal to them, such as Japan. Therefore, I hope that world leaders will simply argue with each other and their grudges will be more important for them (as always) than the common coordinated decision.

DarcMatter   The Future of Decentralized Financial Services   Whitepaper
Token Sale   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
chipr

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:33:18 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 05:55:55 PM by chipr

While there are many important ramifications that may or may not take place were such events to happen, such as taxes, market crashing, limits to amounts individuals can invest... when you say "if they decide", the "they" means something different to everyone in the international forum.

I'll interpret that as the government or governing tax and securities commissions, in each country. We know that many country governments have made moves just recently regarding cryptocurrency to the outright ban by the Chinese, yet many crypto firms operate there so to what extent that regulation is still unknown, the same for South Korea threatening to shut down all crypto exchanges to now placing firmer regulations on allowing compliant exchanges to remain operating, and almost all are placing tax implications on specifically cryptocurrency trading where there was not a firm rule before.

With all of this going on and mostly due to your concern over it, since we all have to weigh our own risks and some are heavily invested while other are not, I would say it is better to wait simply because it is 4 Feb today, and you are wanting to know about after 6 February.

So without giving advice, answering your own question with the concerns that you stated... it seems you might want to wait. At the same time it will take a period of time for new regulations to take effect, however it is wise to be prepared and that's only a matter of days now. Better safe than sorry maybe.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:36:26 PM

ok , I not too understand much about government regulation / international trade law or whatever people call it.
but , in my logic ,
if that really happened , of course its some a new ERA
indirectly , goverment started looking at crypto
i mean they seriously thinking about crypto on the future.
about new regulation from it , its very confused for me.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
chipr

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:41:40 PM

In my country and my bank, any deposit on my account (doesnt matter if local or international) above 20k USD means the bank will call you on phone and ask from whom and for what did you receive that money (already valid anti money laundering law). The payment is also likely to be sent to officials to check.

Really, in the US it's been a red flag for years now due to suspicion of drug money mostly and money laundering to deposit cash over $10,000. Your bank account will be tagged and you'll def need to answer as to where the money came from regardless of crytocurrency which has nothing to do with it. That is one of the reasons however that the amount that can be invested, fiat exchanged into crypto, is being regulated by more than one government already, to thwart criminal activity by cashing in money gained in illegal activities through crypto exhanges or hodling as BTC rather than using a bank, which is difficult to do with large quantities of cash.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
penig

Merit: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:21:02 PM

taxation is no problem and i'm not doing any illegal activities, so nothing to worry for me.

well only taxation is no problem. i still don't like if they go too far.
And i think this crypto is different from dot.com bubble

The difference between crypto and dot coms was that they had more substantial business plans than most coins.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: