Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:03:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice In Crypto-Land  (Read 120 times)
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:56:25 PM

It's been said a million times, "Crypto is the Wild West," and a lot of people (my self included) like it that way.  However, we also don't like all the thievery and scams going on.  So that's what this message thread is intended to discuss.

How could we implement justice for criminals in this crypto space in such a way that we would still have all the opportunity of the Wild West while also safeguarding exchanges, stage coaches, and private citizens?  I mean, we don't want to pay government taxes for crypto police, do we?  But maybe there could be some other way to fund private investigation and justice for criminals... Uh-oh... shouldn't there already be a crypto coin just for this purpose?  YES!!! A coin to reward the Crypto Marshals of our cyber space!

So that's one idea.  What do you think?

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

I agreed that the scams and hacks are a pain in the ass and it makes the crypto users worrying. It is a good idea to have a coin rewarding the crypto Marshals. Perhaps exchanges can help to sponsor some coins for this purpose.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

steplaza

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:39:05 PM

How exactly could we fight this problems with the high level of anonymousness intrinsic in the crypto world? I mean we can report scams and so on..but hardly catch or blacklist somehow the bad guys ..
dxbcoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

It's been said a million times, "Crypto is the Wild West," and a lot of people (my self included) like it that way.  However, we also don't like all the thievery and scams going on.  So that's what this message thread is intended to discuss.

How could we implement justice for criminals in this crypto space in such a way that we would still have all the opportunity of the Wild West while also safeguarding exchanges, stage coaches, and private citizens?  I mean, we don't want to pay government taxes for crypto police, do we?  But maybe there could be some other way to fund private investigation and justice for criminals... Uh-oh... shouldn't there already be a crypto coin just for this purpose?  YES!!! A coin to reward the Crypto Marshals of our cyber space!

A crypto coin??? mmmm...i dont have much to say, sounds a great idea. This is a broad topic for me so i cant really know what to discuss. In my humble opinion, investing in knowledge is my first idea to protect ourselves from scammy projects and criminal acts. As everyone already said never invest in something you don’t know without doing research
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:50:06 PM

I think sooner or later there will be some project creating crypto justice system, there are crypto tracking and location based projects are also coming up that might be helpful in catching the culprits and prove them guilty.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
rahutomo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:51:42 PM

Very good I think his opinion.
Security is number one to think about.
sometimes there are constraints about the laws of their country.
How to?
German Klimenko

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:02:44 PM

Anonimity it is the one of the main values of crypto. I think that it is impossible to implement justice for criminals in crypto. We have justice in fiat world and it is the one of the key difference between crypto and fiat.
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

I really do not like that in most developing countries it is very difficult to regulate cryptocurrency at the state level.

grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:40:06 PM

How exactly could we fight this problems with the high level of anonymousness intrinsic in the crypto world? I mean we can report scams and so on..but hardly catch or blacklist somehow the bad guys ..

I agree there are challenges with such work.  However, it has been done before and even though people can remain anonymous and never get caught the fact is that we are all human and frequently make mistakes.  Also, people that specialize in investigating cyber crimes have experience that you and I don't have.  All that's missing is a way to finance these folks so that they can put their skills to good use.

And that's really the point of this discussion.  I don't want to argue about the ability or inability of cyber sleuths to catch criminals.  We have already seen a suspect in custody from the Mt Gox heist and other criminals have been caught.

This effort will not end crime but it could bring about a method to finance a justice system without being taxed directly.  Of course I add the "directly" caveat because ultimately we pay something rather it be a tax or a premium for some "justice coin" that could finance investigations.

I'm thinking of tiered rewards and community votes for how much compensation should go to successful detectives.  Of course, compensation would have to be paid in accordance with the criminal actually being found guilty in some court but at least maybe the first layers of justice (investigation) could be financed without taxes.  The next interesting part would be to figure out what to do with the suspects once they are identified.  Many places have law enforcement offices that include cyber crimes divisions so most of us are already paying taxes for that. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
rextoinsem

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

In my opinion, this can be achieved only at the expense of a caring community of people, where you can see reliable and comprehensive information about the companies and people who spend the company, where all the developers have to undergo the indetification of personality. And on the other hand, without internal rigid regulation by the community, people will lose faith in cryptocurrencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: