Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:50:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Windows 10 Update  (Read 2194 times)
nars28

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:34:46 AM

This helped me on 1803 build win 10:

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 04:54:03 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2019, 02:08:59 PM by Lizzylove1

My Window 10 was giving me a hell of constant updates and always asking me to wait when working. Although I use an external wireless network to connect to the internet, which is a MIFI, what I did was to click on the properties of the MIFI connection on my screen, this will lead to Network profile of my MIFI internet settings and connections, I just scroll down and meter network. I now determine when to update anything.

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 05:41:39 PM

Had the same problem. First I could turn off updates on windows10, but then they started turning on themselves and when I stopped them again after a while, they turned on themselves again. How many I did not try to disconnect, none helped. I still decided to go back to Windows 7 and I'm not sorry at a
Windows 10 brings too many problems. Even if you stop these updates, they can be (magically?) started again. Windows 7 is OK, but as for me, Windows 8 works better and faster. I would recommend you Pro version.
Texxi

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:14:04 PM

This poor guy is waiting over a year for the solution. Let me lift the veil of the mistery.

my windows 10 is updating itself. and claymore mining isnt working in new version. everytime it is updating i retruned back.

i am closing all updates. i tried to stop services.msc, gpedit.msc. but everytime it finds a way and is starting own by own. i couldnt stop to update it.

is there any way to hardstop it?

or
is there anyway to mining with new version

anyone has with this trouble?

Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator

Take ownership of the file named 'Reboot' via Properties > Security > Advanced

Delete the file.  Grin

Create a new FOLDER named 'Reboot' and Write Lock protect it via Properties > Attributes > Read-only

Now your machine unlearned how to restart and will never turn off on its own ever again. Cool

(Additionally, you may want to use OOSU10 to turn off some unwanted windows services like updates.)

If my little trick helped to increase your profits, I'm happy to take a share.

BTCBTC 1Lop27BKz9a2M63uWMvRQ9KEwKWtp1FL6s BTCBTC
adterna

Activity: 1008
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 04:45:48 AM

The same case happened to me, Windows 10 always updates itself and that made a problem for me, better looking for other mining methods from Claymore, and that's what I did, because Windows 10 was designed to update itself, so if we are mining using Windows to mine Claymore is very troublesome.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:51:56 AM

In addition to blocking the windows update services i would suggest changing the location from which you receive those updates. Use policies and choose a fake proxy service and fake wsus address

TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:48:00 AM

It isn't ideal, but an indirect way of stopping it is to leave not enough room on your hard drive for the update to come through (say less than a couple of gigs. Many mining rigs don't have much hard drive space).

It will try to update, then fail and ask you to uninstall/remove files to make enough space, and instead you just hit cancel and it gives up.

This is not recommended for security reasons but can be a short term fix - best bet is to update your claymore and drivers instead.

Also there are ways to just ask Windows to not update without asking your permission first as other people have said, so the above method is just in case that doesn't work for whatever weird Windows reason.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:20:25 AM

Windows 10 really sucks in the update because they always do automatic updates and very often it makes us run out of internet data and lose time while waiting for them to restart. you can turn off automatic updates via gpedit or by setting as metered connection in the wifi section so that the windows metics request updates will appear first notification or can't update automatically
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:18:25 AM

my windows 10 is updating itself. and claymore mining isnt working in new version. everytime it is updating i retruned back.

i am closing all updates. i tried to stop services.msc, gpedit.msc. but everytime it finds a way and is starting own by own. i couldnt stop to update it.

is there any way to hardstop it?

or
is there anyway to mining with new version

anyone has with this trouble?

Maybe you could try to resolve your mining software first since security is paramount to us crypto enthusiasts. I mean if you disable updates with your Windows 10 especially with security updates, you run the risk of your system being compromised and no one would like to be in that situation especially if we store our sensitive files and data on that very same computer. I would not trade mining rewards to having peace of mind due to my system having more security.
Kasperiko

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:18:36 AM

Windows 10 really sucks in the update because they always do automatic updates and very often it makes us run out of internet data and lose time while waiting for them to restart. you can turn off automatic updates via gpedit or by setting as metered connection in the wifi section so that the windows metics request updates will appear first notification or can't update automatically

These updates are one of the reasons why many users only dream of percussion on the macos system from apple. The option when you completely disable the update solves the problem. But we must understand that there may be security problems because of this.
And here you decide what is more important to you.
TheBottomTurtle

Activity: 55
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:15:14 AM

Here's the little-known bottom line, direct from Microsoft via https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq.  If you use any of the built in Windows tools to "stop" auto-updates they will eventually fail.

In addition, even if you have used gpedit, forcibly stopped the process, tricked it into thinking you're on a metered connection, etc...MS will still silently push what they deem to be critical updates onto your computer using some vehicle other than the standard update process.  I haven't been able to figure out exactly how yet.  These mini-updates have never caused me problems with my mining, however they occasionally cause the usual windows boot partition to become non-bootable (presumably because of some of the other steps I've taken to neuter windows updates) until I manually select the windows partition from bios and it finishes the ninja update.  I'm assuming these are patching major vulnerabilities they've discovered (which would explain why they're never mentioned) so I doubt I would stop them even if I figured out how...but it would be nice to have the choice.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:23:37 AM

Windows10 does have this problem, you can consider Windows7, Microsoft for system security, I hope users do not turn off system updates, for their own consideration, we mine, you can consider Windows7 system, a good choice.

franciscoDC

Activity: 357

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:29:27 PM

This is actually annoying that you will restore again what the things are there such as mining apps, actually i still didnt encounter it but i think that there is a way that can stop the system update of your PC.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:04:31 PM

All my rigs are dedicated mining rigs so there's no personal info on them that's why I didn't care about updates and had them disabled for a year with no trouble  than from no where they started updating again and every time I got my rigs set backup and running smooth bam a update I don't no how Microsoft started sneaking them in again but I switched to hiveos and haven't looked back those guys are great at keeping miners updated and problems fixed.
VasilyS

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 04:38:48 PM

Had the same problem. First I could turn off updates on windows10, but then they started turning on themselves and when I stopped them again after a while, they turned on themselves again. How many I did not try to disconnect, none helped. I still decided to go back to Windows 7 and I'm not sorry at a
In addition, you have to switch off Schedule Scan in Windows 10. To disable Schedule Scan, you need to perform two steps:
1. In the command interpreter window as administrator execute command: takeown /f c:\windows\system32\usoclient.exe /a

2. After successful step one, disable all permissions in the properties of the file usoclient.exe, which is located in folder C:\Windows\System32

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 07:30:45 PM

Wont still work even you do put up the settings on notifying you before downloading any updates coz it is already being ran
while giving you out notification.It happens to my case thats why Windows 10 sucks.

If my little trick helped to increase your profits, I'm happy to take a share.

BTCBTC 1Lop27BKz9a2M63uWMvRQ9KEwKWtp1FL6s BTCBTC
Your post might be helpful and worthy to give out some merit(which would i possibly give)
but after seeing some asking for some tips and giving out an address then i do already change my mind.  Grin

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
RuMiner

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 09:47:18 PM

just delete update service via sc delete wuauserv
it's very simple and without third-party apps
Windows won't start a service if it doesn't have it
corrado25

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:58:42 AM

just delete update service via sc delete wuauserv
it's very simple and without third-party apps
Windows won't start a service if it doesn't have it

Well, such a variant. You can of course delete it, but will not this deletion affect Windows work? I wonder if you have used this version yourself? And how after that works windows ?I just went to win7 and so solved the problem.I do not like that, without my consent, I get something installed on the PC

RuMiner

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:37:50 PM

Well, such a variant. You can of course delete it, but will not this deletion affect Windows work? I wonder if you have used this version yourself? And how after that works windows ?I just went to win7 and so solved the problem.I do not like that, without my consent, I get something installed on the PC
I'm using it on all the rigs and home PC also. the only problem is when you really need update service: Once I had to install the old .NET version manually in command line because it wants to download it thru update service when you press to install it in contol panel
sukey2008

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:44:56 PM

I would really recommand windows 7, whatever which updates, I havn't got any issues with mining...
Thanks for the advice.. I will not install win10 now ...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: