Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: is 10 dollar enough? is 20 dollar enough?  (Read 255 times)
bitcoinsc (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:18:08 AM

i have 10 dollar into penny coins is that enough?
is 20 dollar enough into low price coins?
how about a coin with a return of 3 coins. or should I add money to get more coins? what should be a good limit? im planning to hold for a few years. whats a reasonable return for 10$? or 20$? in a year or 2?

Ethereum and Uniswap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:47:19 AM

It depends on how much risky investment you like to do. And also if that " Penny coins " are good. In between 2000+ coins hardly 30-40 coins are having potential to grow as a technology. rest all are way to scam users.

how about a coin with a return of 3 coins. or should I add money to get more coins? what should be a good limit? im planning to hold for a few years. whats a reasonable return for 10$? or 20$? in a year or 2?

If coin is having potential like ETH/XRP/BTX/BTG then possible you can get more then 200-300% in an year.

I earn good profit with BTX and ETH and also some how with XRP bcoz i bought then when they were very low.

** FREE SPACE **
wasanthawsj

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

It's depend on how much money you can put into a risk. But if you can choose trust-able currency like etherium, you can earn a profit. 
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:29:13 PM

That depends. How much gain would you consider enough? How much risk would you consider enough? Enough, in this context, is completely subjective.

It goes without saying that the less money you put in, the less it will grow. It doesn't really matter how many coins you buy either. If you put in $1 in Bitcoin for a few satoshis and $1 in some shitcoin for like 100,000 pieces, if either grows 100%, you still have $2 in investments.

Just because a coin costs a few cents each doesn't mean they're bound to grow explosively either; you have to consider its market cap and probable ceiling. Ripple may cost less than a dollar right now, but it's unlikely to grow to $10, because that would put its market cap at twice that of Bitcoin's. It's a very crude way of looking at things, but it works for me.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:15:24 AM

Where are you from ?
20 dollars is definitely not enough if you live in a rich country.
CAPTAINPLANET

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:31:27 AM

Hi there , First research and decide in which coin you want to put your dollar, if you research and found a potential coin which just started you may get some good return,
amirshaf

Activity: 163
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:35:59 AM

You can buy cheap good token like trx and hodl for long time
uttoransen

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

GuestCrew

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:46:59 AM

I would suggest to invest a slightly bigger sum, perhaps $50+ ... that way when a coin starts to grow, you will have much more meat into the game. Having $20 worth of coins won't make you rich,

Do more research, invest into coins that has more potential and then invest a slightly bigger amount so that the returns are worth it,

thanks,
Uttoran Sen

GuestCrew - An Influencer Marketing Platform | Join the GUEST Coin ICO - https://guestcrew.com/buy-coins
WillowEvul

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:54:11 PM

$10-20 is quite enough for alts if you are a starter. That will give a sense of how trading works, how you earn and lose when the coins go up and down. But if you are aiming to earn much money, you need to invest more. However, as I said, stick to a lower amount if you are starter, because until you learn all of the nuances, you may lose some money. If your initial investment is not too big, you obviously won't lose much!  Wink But good ROI needs good investment, so keep that in mind!  Roll Eyes
charmedwitch08

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:06:31 PM

rule of thumb in trading specially in crypto is to always invest what you can afford to lose. If you just want to gain experience in trading or just want to know cryptocurrencies then I believe $10 is okay specially now btc and other altcoins are down so your $10 have somehow value unlike before that it's only for transaction fee. Anyways, why not also try to claim in faucets, join moon faucets or faucethub. You can claim in faucets nowadays and you can earn that $10 in 1-2weeks (depend on how hard you will work on it) then wait for btc and other altcoins to go up. I'm telling you that because that's how I started last year when BTC is around $5K only and LTC was around $45.
RealWren

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:59:39 PM

Yeah, it may help to note to yourself that "only those you can afford to loose" is worth the risk. Personally, any amount is enough depending on your very objective of investing your time and treasure. If your very aim is to experience trading cryptocurrency then settle with 10 dollars. Otherwise, if you have bigger dreams or motivations why you invest cryptocurrency then wait for the exact and/or right amount to arrive. I guess same rule applies here in life. Don't hoard what you can't consume and let go if it's the right time to let go. Surely, greediness is the enemy here. AGAIN, ANY AMOUNT WILL DO SO LONG IT MEETS YOUR GOAL.
samanthacrypto

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:01:39 PM

definitely, 20 dollars not enough for your future.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:40:01 PM

Irrespective of the amount invested, the returns are purely based on the market performance of the coin in which you have made investments. I am not a fan of numbers so I won't comment anything about a particular number but I would recommend starting with the lowest possible amount and highest possible time to learn about investment in the crypto world. Unlike the traditional markets, it is unstable and still in the development phase and no one can give you assured returns so you should do your own research before taking any investment decision.
Terrylinetty

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:19:51 PM

It is very low sum of money, but you can try with alts, which are very cheap.
gawer33

Activity: 309

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:12:22 PM

for starters, 20 USD is enough I started last August at 8 USD of course BTC fee at that time is very low. its advisable to invest/trade at the low amount on which your comfortable at losing also to learn the market.

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:51:55 PM

$20 is more than enough to learn the ropes and get some experience under your belt. I believe Coinbase will do a Bitcoin buy or sell as low as $10.

But if $20 is all you're going to put into it, you're likely to not be thrilled with the results. I'd recommend putting in a little bit each week. Maybe you set aside $10 to buy some Bitcoin each week. You can give up something to come up with the money.

Once you buy Bitcoin, do consider using that to purchase other cryptocoins. I'd recommend looking into DNotes, DMD Diamond, NEM, Steem, SmartCash. Read up on them. See if you like them. Then buy a few here and there as you put in the money. I think you'll be happier with the gains seen from putting in a little bit week after week than you'd see from just putting in one lump sum and quitting.
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:26:50 PM

If you hang out here long enough, then all you really need is an investment of time. I have invested $0 in actual fiat and have done quite well due to airdrops and signature campaigns. Fiat can speed the process up, but it's not a requirement.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:39:49 PM

If you hang out here long enough, then all you really need is an investment of time. I have invested $0 in actual fiat and have done quite well due to airdrops and signature campaigns. Fiat can speed the process up, but it's not a requirement.

You are absolutely right. I've actually earned the vast majority of my investment cryptos as well. It's amazing how easy it is to make some money if you are willing to be patient. But either with fiat or without, doing it right takes time.
P5YCH0x

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:21:43 PM

$10-$20 is not worth it. At best you will get 500-1000% profit after a few years. 1000% of 20 = 200. Is that really worth it for the time you will put in?
sparkystacey

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:17:46 PM

Likely not. You'll lose a fair portion of your investment paying gas for the transaction. Save and get a couple hundred dollars and make it worth it.

Provide Technologies: Pioneering the decentralized platform as a service (dPaaS)—the blockchain acceleration platform. Https://provide.services
beggo

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:25:20 AM

Anything you can put in is enough in my opinion. You can start with 20 and make that into 50, then make that 50 into 100 and so on and so on. You might get lucky with some penny coins as well and make a big profit. So yes, 10 or 20 is enough.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1722154)
VladWulf

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:40:06 AM

Enough for what?
You won't be able to retire with $20 :3
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:55:20 AM

enough or not depends on what you want. If only 2x - 10x and you are not greedy - enough.
bitcoinsc (OP)

Activity: 439

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:50:50 AM

I got like 20$ into 10 coins would that reach 20k. Possible? In 5 year +

Ethereum and Uniswap.
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:01:36 PM

It is enough if you want just to try how the exchanges, wallets, etc work. It isn't enough for investing to get real income.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:38:00 PM

It is okay for a new starters to buy 10 dollar cryptos.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: