Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the difference between bitcoin and bitcoin cash?  (Read 356 times)
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:20:34 AM

when I first saw it, I feel the two of them are the same.

interesting!
the "fork off" of bitcoin cash guys were one of the biggest things in bitcoin world which happened in August. and you signed up on bitcointalk on May so you must have known about the most obvious shitshow of the year.

so i was just wondering how come you missed it and how did you even think they are the same? i honestly want to know because i can get a newcomer seeing their advertisements and seeing Roger Ver lie that it is "the real bitcoin" but not someone who has been around!
He might have been inactive a lot of noobs just join and keep their accounts dead here
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:41:01 AM

owh, of course they are different, although biitcoin cash is a fraction of bitcoin.
1. different symbols. Bitcoin = BTC and Bitcoin Cash = BCC
2. different algorithm code. such as BTC and LTC are not the same.
3. Different prices and values, thus determining the position of both of them.
4. BTC as the standard price of crypto, not bitcoin cash.

ezbreezy08

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:47:37 AM

The difference about them is Bitcoin is the mother of all currency while bitcoin cash is the fork of bitcoin core. They have different logo and pretty sure they are not compatible as one. because bitcoin cash is controlled my Roger Ver.
acha1217

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:33:55 AM

Differences between Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). For some bitcoin lovers maybe bitcoin cash (BCH) is not as familiar as Bitcoin (BTC). The thing behind the creation of BCH is the slow ability of Bitcoin to process data transactions on a large scale effectively.
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency in a computer network or rather a blockchain. Recording technology ledger revolutionary is harder to manipulate because bitcoin verification is done by the majority isn't by individual, it is also because bitcoin network who decentralized and scattered  around the world.

Differences Bitcoin BTC and Bitcoin Cash BCH 1. Bitcoin (BTC) As we know Bitcoin is a digital payment and cryptocurrency system worldwide, called the first decentralized digital currency because it works without centralization or a single administrator.
2. Bitcoin Cast (BCH) BCH is started by miners and Bitcoin developers who care about the future of cryptocurrentcy. These people disagree about the adoption of separate witness technology by Segwit2x which in fact is a company that runs almost 85% of bitcoin transactions worldwide. Bitcoin Cash has implemented an 8mb block size increase to speed up the verification process with customizable difficulty levels.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:43:28 AM

The only significant differences are Bitcoin cash is a shit coin, that self-claimed to be the 'real' Bitcoin.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:56:27 AM

The main difference between bitcoin and bitcoin cash is the block size. A block is equivalent to a file storing data on approved transactions, which is uploaded and hooked to the previous file, and makes up the blockchain. Bitcoin's blocks hold 1 megabyte of data, while bitcoin cash holds 8 megabytes.
allfriends88

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:06:38 AM

bitcoin is digital payment systems and cryptocurrency around the world. and his work without system centralization or administrator. If the bitcoin cash to speed up the verification process with adjustable difficulty levels
makototachibana

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:36:04 AM

For the practical intents and purposes of most users, there is very little difference. However, it is imperative to understand that Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) are now two entirely separate currencies. Mistakenly sending BTC to a BCH address, or vice-versa, will frequently result in the loss of those funds. Bitcoin is as different from Bitcoin Cash as Litecoin is from Dogecoin.

It is possible to rescue funds if you have accidentally sent BTC to a BCH address, or vice-versa. If this sounds like you, please contact our support team so we can address your specific situation and try to help you get your funds back: support@exodus.io

Bitcoin Cash will tend to have lower fees, but Bitcoin Cash also doesn't have as much community acceptance, so there are fewer wallets and exchanges supporting it compared to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has much greater security and stability, as there is more mining support and infrastructure behind it -  Bitcoin currently has around 10x more full nodes than Bitcoin Cash, and thus a much more distributed network. But the tradeoff is time: Bitcoin transactions tend to take longer than Bitcoin Cash transactions to be confirmed, and have much higher fees.
mom_dad

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:47:06 AM

Bitcoin is the small 1 MB block size limit. This makes it painfully slow, as the currency is said to be capable of processing only seven transactions per second. For comparison, Visa can handle 24,000 transactions in the same time. Bitcoin transactions also take 10 minutes to process and have become expensive because of high demand — the average fee is more than $6.

A group of influential miners, developers, and investors were fed up with Bitcoin’s problems and concerned with its ability to scale. On August 1, 2017, they initiated what is known as a hard fork in the Bitcoin blockchain, which resulted in a new currency being born: Bitcoin Cash.
Bitcoin Cash has a block size limit of 8 MB — eight times more than Bitcoin. This allows it to process more transactions per day, speed up processing times, and reduce fees. Transaction fees come in at around $0.20, making them much cheaper when compared to those of its rival. But they will increase once more people start using the currency.
When it comes to speed and price for Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Cash has an advantage over Bitcoin. It is becoming extremely popular among users and has been increasing in value even since its introduction. But like Bitcoin, it has its share of problems. The increased block size could have a centralizing effect and reduce the attack resistance of the network. Bitcoin hasn’t been around for long, so we’ll have to wait until it sees more daily transactions to find out if that will actually happen.

So in comparing Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, the truth is Bitcoin Cash is not better or worse than Bitcoin. It’s just different. The two can co-exist on the market, along with many other cryptocurrencies including Ripple and Ethereum, to name a few. But the important thing to remember is that despite having similar names, they are two entirely separate currencies.
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:27:30 AM

Currency cash is bifurcate of COINS, but the currency cash also has a lot of support, and BCH price is also high, while the currency cash can't be more than the market value of the currency, but the long term, the currency cash should be able to stay in the top 10.

Hagmonar

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:40:42 AM

With the good Bitcoin market, there are a variety of digital currencies, one of which is called bitcoin cash, we will always be confused, in fact, when I first saw it, I feel the two of them are the same. Do you think they are the same? Can someone give me a professional explanation of what makes them different?

Theres a big different in this two crypto currency bitcoin cash is just a shell of bitcoin that they have been change some of its feature when you are mining this coin you can mine more than the regular bitcoin. They also said that bitcoin cash is more faster than bitcoin when it comes in mining the coins its because of the block size that they update a few months ago. And also bitcoin cash is just also an altcoin a shell from original bitcoin so they cant be the same forever.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:51:57 PM

With the good Bitcoin market, there are a variety of digital currencies, one of which is called bitcoin cash, we will always be confused, in fact, when I first saw it, I feel the two of them are the same. Do you think they are the same? Can someone give me a professional explanation of what makes them different?
Actually bitcoin cash is a coin that is generated from the bitcoin fork experiment.
In a article I read that hard fork in bloclchain technology mostly results into split in the algorithm chain and that results into two chains , both of the chain are for the coin but one of them will be old and another one will be new .
Same thing happened with the bitcoin fork and that splits made the bitcoin cash and after that we are using bitcoin cash for the earnings as investment like better altcoins with better technology ( Because bitcoin have better technology ) 
As people have better trsut with the bitcoin so they are also have trust with bitcoin cash like bitcoin and that is the reason that why the price is high of bitcoin cash in comparison of another altcoins .
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:39:33 AM

bitcoin is the parent of bitcoin cash . bitcoin cash was born because of the fork happen to bitcoin. and now they are saying that bitcoin cash is the new bitcoin.
fork is a upgrade on bitcoin technology behind block in order to have a much more good product faster transaction etc to bitcoin. and as that happen a new genrated coin will produce and it is the bitcoin cash
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:55:03 AM

Bitcoin is the first digital coin ever created and have struggled for so many years to achieved its highest price while Bitcoin Cash is the result of bitcoin fork meaning it is created under Bitcoin itself. Another difference between the two is obviously its price.

ChickenDuck

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:29:51 AM

Bitcoin (BTC) is bitcoin while Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is altcoin.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:39:50 AM

Noob question, so why is increasing the block size that BCC have done not the way to go? Considering that it have improved transaction speed and reduces costs?

I saw BCC being whale-pumped a while ago, and XRP too, and I have dumped them for more NEO, XLM and ADA, as I  could not find any logical reasons why BCC should increase that sharply over the other coins. Expecting a similar whale-dump anytime once the required trade volume at the new price have been reached plus perhaps if its further pumped by FOMO.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Zirch

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:45:42 AM

Bitcoin Cash was created as a solution to the long-awaiting debate in the Bitcoin community in regards to the Bitcoin scalability issue. The Bitcoin Cash proposes incorporates the simple solution. While the block size limit of Bitcoin stands at one megabyte, Bitcoin Cash has pushed the limit to 8 megabytes. This allows for a greater number of transactions processing perBut like Bitcoin, it has its share of problems. The increased block size could have a centralizing effect and reduce the attack resistance of the network. Bitcoin hasn’t been around for long, so we’ll have to wait until it sees more daily transactions to find out if that will actually happen.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:52:27 AM

The only significant differences are Bitcoin cash is a shit coin, that self-claimed to be the 'real' Bitcoin.

BTC is way better than a shit coin, BCH is a trap and if you want to loss your money then invest on it. Always study the coin that you want to buy because not all high in value offers great services behind a great team and the best example is the BCH. BCH is controlled by its people and its too risky cause they can manipulate the price of it and you will ended up losing the money.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:54:57 AM

Bitcoin Cash was created as a solution to the long-awaiting debate in the Bitcoin community in regards to the Bitcoin scalability issue. The Bitcoin Cash proposes incorporates the simple solution. While the block size limit of Bitcoin stands at one megabyte, Bitcoin Cash has pushed the limit to 8 megabytes. This allows for a greater number of transactions processing perBut like Bitcoin, it has its share of problems. The increased block size could have a centralizing effect and reduce the attack resistance of the network. Bitcoin hasn’t been around for long, so we’ll have to wait until it sees more daily transactions to find out if that will actually happen.

Ahh thanks for the answer. Yes the centralizing effect and reduced attack resistance imo isnt an acceptable compromise IMO. Especially with the coming of Quantum Computers!!! But guess we will see which one will succeed, since it is all down to adoption. BTC definately would need to innovate quickly to catch up in terms of transaction speed and especially cost if it is to stay on the iron throne IMO, with the stiffening competitions, especially vs. LTC (also another simple coins that aims to function simply as a currency, w/o all that ICOs and alt features).

BCC seem to have a well coordinated dev team behind it now I believe. I wonder how is it for BTC in this regard? I guess with its popularity, the number of ppl working on BTC improvement should easily be bigger? But I guess for those who have a stake in BTC (holders and miners) to come to a consesus would also be a lot trickier, or so I have read. At least nothing is rushed, hopefully.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:02:18 AM

Bitcoin has much greater security and stability, as there is more mining support and infrastructure behind it. While Bitcoin Cash will tend to have lower fees, but Bitcoin Cash also doesn't have as much community acceptance, so there are fewer wallets and exchanges supporting it compared to Bitcoin. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: