Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese New Year?  (Read 1343 times)
manlyxman (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

What are your thoughts on the whole Chinese New Year speculation?

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:23:19 PM

Yes, the Chinese New Year is certainly something very much anticipated, because it is said that in the Chinese new year bitcoin will cost a penny, because the Chinese will cash their money to celebrate the new year.
manlyxman (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Yes, the Chinese New Year is certainly something very much anticipated, because it is said that in the Chinese new year bitcoin will cost a penny, because the Chinese will cash their money to celebrate the new year.

So, yeah, the anticipation for the crash makes sense then.I don't think btc will cost a penny but it's gonna be interesting to see the effects. I'm definitely not going to buy anything till then.
gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:27:45 PM
Merited by sharted (1)

To celebrate the new year , Chinese may sell their holding bitcoin with the market price.Which reflect further decrease in price,so it may be the best time to inverse your money.After the China new year,the price will start to raise again.So use both the option to shine in trading.
Xioma

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:28:31 PM

To celebrate the new year , Chinese may sell their holding bitcoin with the market price.Which reflect further decrease in price,so it may be the best time to inverse your money.After the China new year,the price will start to raise again.So use both the option to shine in trading.

Do you think buying now and selling before the new year sounds profitable / makes sense?
oldtimegin

Activity: 123
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:28:48 PM

A week more and we should see 15k bitcoin with all the alts also going back up. Chinese are crazy.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:29:39 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 02:07:06 PM by blue_hurricanger

A lot of people think there's gonna be another crash during that time. Did you buy during this initial crash or are you waiting for mid Februar.? I'm leaning towards the latter.
It is already done! If you know about Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year then I could say Chinese and Korean was already cash out or 'crash' as what you called. People usually cash out before the New Year around 2-week or even more.
Xioma

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:31:31 PM

It is already done! If you know about Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year then I could say Chinese and Korean was already cash out or 'crash' as what you called. People you usually cash out before the New Year around 2-week or even more.

That's a really good point. They'd probably know about it and that the majority of people would cash out during then, so it makes sense to cash out before it "officially" happens.

Now, the question is if/when the Westerners decide to cash out. Since most people probably expect a crash, they might sell.

Something like a self-fulfilling prophecy, but for the wrong reasons. Grin
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:31:47 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with Chinese Spring Festival.
It is because of the recent bad news that countries have taken further regulation of bitcoin, and facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, which may be the reason, rather than the reason for the Spring Festival.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:35:39 PM

I just waiting for another moment before chinese year. There will be more dip in my speculation. But this is my personal thought about that. The chart looks stable right because the latest red candle can't be considered as a significant dump after bigbearish. But in my opinion there will be a chance for crypto to get another green again at least to give a little jump before chinese year.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:38:03 PM

You can buy Bitcoin right now because most Asians have already dumped their Bitcoin last month for the Chinese New Year since people are spending a lot of money a month before the Chinese New Year. In addition, people spend time with their family at Chinese New Year, so I am very bullish about Bitcoin.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:38:33 PM

I think it's normal for bitcoin market to crash during Chinese new year since a lot of investors in Asia usually sell their bitcoin before the holiday. It usually happens every year so such thing is usually a normal cycle in bitcoin market. It's good for people to be aware when will bitcoin crash, what events affect bitcoin market, and information that will help speculating cryptocurrency prices.
LeroyBro

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:39:52 PM

I think it's normal for bitcoin market to crash during Chinese new year since a lot of investors in Asia usually sell their bitcoin before the holiday. It usually happens every year so such thing is usually a normal cycle in bitcoin market. It's good for people to be aware when will bitcoin crash, what events affect bitcoin market, and information that will help speculating cryptocurrency prices.

This is why I think it's going to crash a well, based on the past events. But you never know.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
AgonyPaid

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:42:06 PM

Everything is possible because 40% of the market for the Chinese and everyone needs money. Therefore, it is difficult to foresee, especially when we have experienced only one fall, we do not want to talk about the second such failure.

MarkZuckerCoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:45:50 PM

In Feb there is Chinese New Year and Valentine's day and CNY is a really expensive event for the chinese culture you and i suppose after april the price of BTC will rise again, its okay for it to go down and it will rise even higher if u seen the chart at CMC

am⟲n.tech | Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
| Join Whitelist today for Private ICO (on 1st March) | Get 25% Bonus + FREE Gold Card |
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:46:03 PM

Cashing out on chinese new year is anticipated but what if the opposite happens? When people sell their coins just before chinese new year comes to avoid the expected crash, chinese will buy coins and hold instead.
Fredchan

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:52:29 PM

I don't thinks so. The influence is little in period of China New Year.
As for the slump of altcoins, I suppose the reason is that several governments ban cryptocurrency and Facebook ban cryptocurrency ad resently.
Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:56:34 PM

for me, I'll wait until March or April, so the price is going to settled down. and hopefully there's no bad news again. Chinese new year event always makes crypto price is going down, and it's happened every years.
gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:58:41 PM

Do you think buying now and selling before the new year sounds profitable / makes sense?

I don't mention to buy the bitcoin now and sell before new year.I had told, they will sell the holding bitcoin to celebrate the future.If many had sell their bitcoin means,the price of bitcoin will surely reduce some how.
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:07:29 PM

I dont think there will be another crash because of Chinese new year, are not they already separated thr ways from crypto currencies last year?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: