Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:28:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TheNewsBits - Reddit meets Bitcoin... remember WitCoin?  (Read 950 times)
human (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:37:23 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 12:50:59 AM by human

We are proud to announce the launch of THENEWSBITS!
Check it out at http://thenewsbits.com

It is the first cryptocoin news aggregator with a unique monetization mechanism. Here you can share and tip posts with the community and get rewarded with real money.

Together we are going to shape the future of content discovery & content creation monetization. Never before was it possible to earn real money while browsing the web and discovering valuable information for the community. The rationale behind it is that the discoverers, the readers and the sharers of content are equally important as the original creators of the content. So why not get rewarded for discovering and sharing valuable content?

HOWTO: Instead of voting up as seen on Reddit/HN you tip up with real bitcoins. And if enough people tip a post after you posted OR tipped it you will get 1.5x your tip back. The sequential order of the tips is preserved. All this works anonymously but you can also create an account to participate more in the community. Furthermore 10% of all incoming tips is reserved for the original creator of the content.

EXAMPLE: You create a post with an initial tip of 0.01 BTC. Alice likes your post and tips it with 0.01 BTC. Now the sum of all tips is 0.02 BTC. Thus we are able to send you 0.015 BTC back to your address from which you send the initial tip from. Ten minutes later Bob comes and tips your post with 0.02 BTC and Alice gets also 0.015 BTC back. For the original creator of the content 0.004 BTC (10% of all tips) gets reserved.

This project is going to be open sourced soon. And this is just the beginning. We are planning to support more coins in the near future.

If you want to contact us for any reason send us an email to info@thenewsbits.com . Contact us especially if you are a NodeJS dev or are interested in investing into us or if you want to do a partnership with us.

If you like it, please upvote it on Reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1lqas0/reddit_meets_bitcoin_thenewsbitscom/

Happy tipping!

* This is a relaunch of former Primecoinnews.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:09:56 PM

It is the first cryptocoin news aggregator

I like the idea, but you aren't the first cryptocoin news aggregator.  There are multiple sites for aggregated content.
human (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:17:24 PM

It is the first cryptocoin news aggregator

I like the idea, but your aren't the first cryptocoin news aggregator.  There are multiple sites for aggregated content.
Please tell us more about it.
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:57:12 PM

http://www.zeroblock.com/

http://bitcoincharts.com/

https://www.coinsetter.com/newscloud

and many many more.
kylie.v

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:39:03 AM

I like the sound of this idea. On my way to check it out.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
. BREAKOUT STAKE.
  M U L T I C U R R E N C Y   S M A R T   C O N T R A C T S   +   S I D E C H A I N S
  A N N     |     W E B S I T E     |     T W I T T E R     |     G I T H U B    ★  C O I N S A L E   J U L Y  10  –  J U L Y  24  ★ 
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
human (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:30:49 AM

They do not have any integration with cryptocoins. So it is not really comparable.
nildram

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 01:53:09 PM

Integrating micropayments into any kind of 'liking/voting' behaviour has tremendous potential, but will be somewhat challenging to get people over the initial hump.

Also, the system is kind of easy to "game", just by paying the most. I was easily able to rank #1 on this post: http://thenewsbits.com/posts/SaMqXDavFjAqpQXrt, with just 0.005 btc.  So, although that builds your revenue stream in automatically, it also opens you up to spam, especially early on.

ps. I didn't see a link to your sites URL in the original post...?
human (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:55:30 AM

Integrating micropayments into any kind of 'liking/voting' behaviour has tremendous potential, but will be somewhat challenging to get people over the initial hump.
We realized that we are gonna need wallets IN the browser as Chrome/FF extensions. Actually we do not understand why this has not been build yet. Copy&pasting addresses is not gonna be the way this will take off...

Also, the system is kind of easy to "game", just by paying the most. I was easily able to rank #1 on this post: http://thenewsbits.com/posts/SaMqXDavFjAqpQXrt, with just 0.005 btc.  So, although that builds your revenue stream in automatically, it also opens you up to spam, especially early on.
Feel free to post whatever you like! Spam is gonna be expensive Wink

plaxant

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 05:44:25 PM

I like the idea of it. Posted my take of it on plaxant, and even posted something to the site.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: