Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:32:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO] Letsdice.com IPO Prospectus  (Read 20882 times)
Martin Gale (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 02:46:50 AM

what is your history o making websites and managing businesses?

tell us why we should trust you with our money, your a BRAND NEW account asking for a LOT of money.

I won't go into specifics, in order to preserve my anonymity for now, but I have created several small-scale businesses over the past several years. I consider none of them a failure. Some were more profitable than others, but I believe I have what it takes.

Trust me if you like, no one is forcing you to invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:46:54 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 03:12:25 AM by mechs

Just so you know, this OP is celeste/nakowa/cici - of Just-Dice infamy.  This is the guy who won big (like 5000 BTC) and then when Dooglus made an error and left 1300 BTC in his account after a withdraw, he gambled them away.  Then made up a ridiculos excuse someone got access to his labtop and did it, not him.  How does he thank Dooglus for not only not holding it against him, but letting him invest on the site after he stole from him?  He makes a copycat site.

Sorry, but celeste/cici/nakowa/Martin Gale is a piece of sh*t. Anyone that gives your coins to someone who has proven himself to be dishonest deserves to lose them.  And anyway, besides that he cannot be trusted for investors, who would play a 1.98% house edge dice game when there are 3 established (and reputable) dice games (Just-Dice, Primedice and coinroll.it) with 1% house edges?

Here the article of the incident: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gambler-cheats-satoshidice-competitor-just-dice-out-of-1300-btc/
servicelabs
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

itkylin.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 02:48:00 AM

Nobody knows you.  Good luck.

towtoad

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:48:13 AM

Oh I missed the posts.

towtoad, I guess you know the site owner?

I'm not. Martin is.
I invest.
I gave up my own site development, towtoad.com

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:29:26 AM

Wow, this blows my mind. The coins for the large investment do indeed originate from Just-Dice.

So Celeste is bankrolling Martin with JD winnings? LOL bitcoin!

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:49:29 AM

Just so you know, this OP is celeste/nakowa/cici - of Just-Dice infamy.  This is the guy who won big (like 5000 BTC) and then when Dooglus made an error and left 1300 BTC in his account after a withdraw, he gambled them away.  Then made up a ridiculos excuse someone got access to his labtop and did it, not him.  How does he thank Dooglus for not only not holding it against him, but letting him invest on the site after he stole from him?  He makes a copycat site.

Sorry, but celeste/cici/nakowa/Martin Gale is a piece of sh*t. Anyone that gives your coins to someone who has proven himself to be dishonest deserves to lose them.  And anyway, besides that he cannot be trusted for investors, who would play a 1.98% house edge dice game when there are 3 established (and reputable) dice games (Just-Dice, Primedice and coinroll.it) with 1% house edges?

Here the article of the incident: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gambler-cheats-satoshidice-competitor-just-dice-out-of-1300-btc/

More than one thing about this 'IPO' that smells pretty damn fishy in my opinion.
onecent

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:45:41 AM

Um...quote
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:59:59 AM

I love how someone new acquired 225 BTC from just a fancy worded post...Man makes me think I should do that.  Roll Eyes

As for celeste, go to hell you still owe 1300 BTC.

knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:06:14 AM

Hey there, I'm not going to remember again the issues involving nakowa and just-dice. Instead, I'm going to focus in your preview images.

I take that the current site is not only a couple of some preview images, but that there is an actual working version that is not accessible to the public. If it is not the case, no good professional (as your site claims) in their right mind would consider only 5 days for testing it. So, resuming, the site is running and those screenshots were taken from that secret running version, right ?

In your first screenshot at https://letsdice.com/img/1.png:

• You wrote "BET COUNTS" instead of "BET COUNT"
  • The payout at top left shows "1.97979798", but the table below shows "1.97979797"
  • Both bets shown were winning ones, but one of them shows profit in green and the other one in red (also, one shows -0, and the other +0)

On the current /img/3.png, you wrote "WhenWhen" instead of "When".

All these quick observations regard basic stuff, which can be fixed very quickly and easily. But the fact that these mistakes are so obvious makes everything much less credible to me. I find it hard to believe that there is an ready site, made by professionals, which is ready to go.

Can you clarify why these mistakes are there ?
towtoad

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:13:15 AM

Hey there, I'm not going to remember again the issues involving nakowa and just-dice. Instead, I'm going to focus in your preview images.

I take that the current site is not only a couple of some preview images, but that there is an actual working version that is not accessible to the public. If it is not the case, no good professional (as your site claims) in their right mind would consider only 5 days for testing it. So, resuming, the site is running and those screenshots were taken from that secret running version, right ?

• The payout at top left shows "1.97979798", but the table below shows "1.97979797"
  • Both bets shown were winning ones, but one of them shows profit in green and the other one in red (also, one shows -0, and the other +0)

All these quick observations regard basic stuff, which can be fixed very quickly and easily. But the fact that these mistakes are so obvious makes everything much less credible to me. I find it hard to believe that there is an ready site, made by professionals, which is ready to go.

Martin?

David Chen

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:28:57 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 08:01:14 AM by David Chen

Martin?

Towtoad,I think you could just step back as an investor of the site ,not the developer of the site. There are many Jd players thought the letsdice is yours,and they "hated" you ,because you win a lot from them Smiley . So, maybe there are more people will buy the IPO

reputation is everything.
eltopo

Activity: 230

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:37:35 AM

LetsDice.com will have a house edge of 1.98%

Why should players play at your site if there are several sites with 1% house egde?
Martin Gale (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 10:46:24 AM

Hi knowitnothing,

You make some good points, thank you for bringing it up. Our core dev is not a native English speaker, which would account for the text mistakes. As for things like bet color displaying incorrectly, or the odds rounding differently in different places, these are the kinds of things we are working hard on ironing out this week.
Martin Gale (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 10:51:51 AM

Why should players play at your site if there are several sites with 1% house egde?

Hi eltopo, we could have gone with a 1% house edge (which is what is set aside for investor gains and growing the site bankroll), but we decided to use the additional 0.98% to fund the jackpot and the referral program features.

To your question, I offer a counter question: Why do people still play on Satoshidice, when they can find a lower house edge elsewhere? Maybe it's because they perceive SD to be better. We aim to be better, too.
David Chen

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:03:19 AM

What if the IPO won't successful 8 days later ,what would you guys do?

eltopo

Activity: 230

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:11:34 AM

SD was the first one around and is a big name, I guess most of SD players even don't know other sites. You inevitably need players, they are your customers. With only a few players there'll be not much profit, not for the site and not for investors. I don't think you'll gain much attention from players with a nearly 2% house edge, but that's just my 2 satoshis.
Martin Gale (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 12:55:37 PM

Hi David,

It's in the original post. If we do not raise at least 8,000 BTC by the termination date, we will refund all deposits.
David Chen

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:11:59 PM

Hi David,

It's in the original post. If we do not raise at least 8,000 BTC by the termination date, we will refund all deposits.

I mean , will you find another way to finish this project?

knowitnothing

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:35:23 PM

Hi eltopo, we could have gone with a 1% house edge (which is what is set aside for investor gains and growing the site bankroll), but we decided to use the additional 0.98% to fund the jackpot and the referral program features.

If it really is 1.98% then your preview is broken even more.

At 1.98% edge, the payout at 49.5% win chance should be 1.98020202.

A payout of 1.97979798x (if you round, or 1.97979797x if you truncate) at those odds requires a 2% edge for that game. I know this is trivial stuff compared to the other issues people are mentioning, but...

Can you tell who constitute your team of developers ?
Duffer1

Activity: 227

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 01:40:41 PM

Your valuation is absurd.  Do you have any real world data (market research etc...) to support even a small fraction of what you're asking?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: