Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:56:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Old 2010 5 Bitcoin Faucet  (Read 112 times)
Sazuru (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:48:38 AM

Hi, I just tried to send Gavin Andersen this message.

Hi Gavin,

I don't know if you get messages like this often, but I was in a conversation with some people about bitcoin recently, and I had a vague memory of a forum post about 5 bitcoins being given away way back when I was a Senior in high school. I remember thinking crypto-currency was interesting, and taking the time to claim the 5 coins. I don't have much of a strong memory of it beyond that. Considering their value now, I took the time to do some internet searching to jog my memory, which brought up your name and this forum. I re-read and remembered the post because of the humor (saying you decided to do something that sounds really dumb) I was wondering if there was a way to find out where those coins ended up and if I might still have access to them. Please let me know if this is possible to work out. Apologies if this is an obtuse request and thank you for taking the time to read.

Regards,
    Kevin

But he is (understandably) not accepting messages from newbies and I don't recall whether or not I used to have an account. I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section of the forum but meta seemed appropriate as it is 'sort of' about the fourm? Feel free to move it.

Honestly if anyone has any input it is welcome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: