Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:07:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Go in now? Or would that be commiting a cardinal sin?  (Read 65 times)
9thsky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 54

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 12:55:59 PM

Those who have been in the game for a while, with black belts and several dans... What's your expert opinion?

I remember not long ago bitcoin was struggling to exceed $6k...and then seemingly overnight it shot up...$10k, $12k, $15k...and then it stopped for a bit at around $22k. We thought that was it...the peak. But nope, it just skyrocketed from there...all the way up to $64k.

Are we experiencing a similar phenomenon now? Especially with ETH. Would it he smart to go in now from a not-too-long-term trading perspective?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 01:08:13 PM

A 1-3 month hold would probably be alright about now without too much risk but if you've waited it out this long, why start now?

You might be better off coming back at the new $30k in 4 years and coming back to bet on that...

I get a feeling a lot of old money in crypto waited until they expected this cycle to start before interacting with the market - back when we started rising past $10-20k - if that did happen then there's probably some waiting until now to start buying too since doing this last time would've netted you 10x (if buying the base of the crash).
9thsky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 54

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 01:12:19 PM

A 1-3 month hold would probably be alright about now without too much risk but if you've waited it out this long, why start now?

You might be better off coming back at the new $30k in 4 years and coming back to bet on that...

I get a feeling a lot of old money in crypto waited until they expected this cycle to start before interacting with the market - back when we started rising past $10-20k - if that did happen then there's probably some waiting until now to start buying too since doing this last time would've netted you 10x (if buying the base of the crash).

I'm talking as a day trader contemplating increasing the stakes.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 01:24:42 PM

Those who have been in the game for a while, with black belts and several dans... What's your expert opinion?

I remember not long ago bitcoin was struggling to exceed $6k...and then seemingly overnight it shot up...$10k, $12k, $15k...and then it stopped for a bit at around $22k. We thought that was it...the peak. But nope, it just skyrocketed from there...all the way up to $64k.

Are we experiencing a similar phenomenon now? Especially with ETH. Would it he smart to go in now from a not-too-long-term trading perspective?

I would not go in now, I will wait until bitcoin will pump to $60k and then maybe there's a chance that it will break its current ATH.
We never know but I have a feeling that what we are seeing now is just a bull trap, I have no basis at all, just my personal instinct.

By the way, you are in the wrong board, you might want to move this to this board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███