Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marijuana coins in 2018  (Read 895 times)
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:21:17 PM

I wonder why buying ganja needs to be in blockchain wherein you can buy it directly using fiat. Security wise, using blockchain is good to conceal your identity but is it really necessary if the government legalizes ganja already?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
t3hpwnographer (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:51:33 PM

There was 1 ico last year connected to this theme - smoke exchange with coin SMX, idea was quite good, but ICO failed.
The Smoke Exchange is still being developed by the DopeCoin team, along with their crypto payment portal for websites called CryptoBillings. I don't know the details of the SMX ICO, but they did a second round recently and it must have done well enough for them to continue their work.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:59:59 PM

I have heard of one project, but it is still not announced officially, but secretly they are planned to place 200m tokens at $0.25 per token
Don't ask where I have found this info, just know

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
KaffkaN

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:27:38 PM

Which marijuana-related coin(s) do you think will take off as more legalizations kick in next year? I put together a list of the ones I could find on CoinMarketCap and compared their ties to the industry that could make them more successful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658296.0

It would be pretty easy to go with the current top 5, but maybe there's a sleeper or two in the mix?
Marijuana coin  Cheesy lol  This blockchain rush is getting more and more crazy.There's no need special coin for buying it,99.99 % of people getting it for fiat.Another useless coin for speculations.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:48:26 PM

For the legal tender of Marijuana an ico was developed last year. I'm not sure, how successful is the ICO. As Marijuana is one among the most traded illegal product in the dark market, coins related to these services will surely reach good growth levels.
SPINPIX

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

i don't really understand all this enthusiasm around cannabis coins, yeah i know that around the world there are millions of stoners but why they should use cannabis coins instead of mainstream cryptos like eth or litecoin? i don't trust the 90% of the current currencies but investing in cannabis coins does not seem worth in my opinion. better search for a solid project instead.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:44:42 PM

i don't really understand all this enthusiasm around cannabis coins, yeah i know that around the world there are millions of stoners but why they should use cannabis coins instead of mainstream cryptos like eth or litecoin? i don't trust the 90% of the current currencies but investing in cannabis coins does not seem worth in my opinion. better search for a solid project instead.
I don't understand same also. For what we need special coins? What can not do other cryptocurrencies? Private? Quick? Light wallet? What? I look for Dope some time. Team do something. But exclude p/d I don't see new

AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:09:49 PM

I agree, but you can say the same thing about a lot of other types of projects as well.  Why would we need a specific crypto to pay for freelance work, for luxury goods, for insurance, for dentists, etc.?   I anticipate these types of projects won't be around too much longer.
tendy263

Activity: 347

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:13:24 PM

Budbo is a good marijuana token that is likely to make waves in 2018
CryptoMike14

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:06:59 AM

It is just a big marketing tool.I don't trust the 80% of the current currencies but investing in cannabis coins does not seem worth in my opinion.Better search for a solid project instead.
jdgranfiel
Copper Member

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:04:00 AM

The thought of marijuana is disgusting to many. Why not accept it with openmindedness as as a helpful medical ingredient for medicines? Cultured only with permit and legal farms I think it would not be a problem. If some say marijuana is a dirty word, I know an altcoin name dirtier than this. You can search it on exchanger list with a four letter word.
Captainluffy24

Activity: 197

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:39:27 AM

To be honest this kind of ico is really enticing and offering a good future. However,  considering how good it is it can be appealing to scammers as well so its hard to trust.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:29:22 AM

Which marijuana-related coin(s) do you think will take off as more legalizations kick in next year? I put together a list of the ones I could find on CoinMarketCap and compared their ties to the industry that could make them more successful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658296.0

It would be pretty easy to go with the current top 5, but maybe there's a sleeper or two in the mix?

Let me ask the obvious question here -- why in God's name do you need a cryptocurrency to pay for marijuana, when it's legal? Why not just pay for it with fiat? You'd think the essence of marijuana cryptos would be to keep transactions under the radar. What is the point of a "weed" coin once it's legal?

Is it just so the pot heads can feel like they have some grip on, or portion of the crypto community? You can toke up, play video games, eat cheetos, and proclaim your blockchain prowess!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't get it.

I think you should read more about the background of marijuana coin. And another thing is, marijuana is not legal in every part of the world because of abuse. There are some places in the world where it is legal because they said it can be used for things like medical purposes. The marijuana coin can be huge in cryptocurrency world if the demand for weed increases.

maliboom

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:24:42 PM

Tens of projects based on cannabis and cannabis have already started worldwide. Why should this be better?
raahi

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:16:58 PM

All of this marijuana coins which are multiple in number I the cryptocurrency market is a good concept but these are highly dependent upon the government policies which must be in favor of the legalization of the drug, this way succeed in Europe but not in America as of now
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:35:41 PM

Marijuana coins are a waste of time unless it has great privacy features. If not then simply use monero or deeponion to pay for it. If you live in Amsterdam or another place where it is openly traded then you can just buy with bitcoin like everyone else.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: