Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer V9 4TH  (Read 19901 times)
sami3121

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:40:41 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 02:55:12 AM by frodocooper

I tried formatting my SD card then i copied the files from the link you posted onto this sd card. Is this the proper way to make the sd card readable for the miner?

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:21:49 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 02:54:30 AM by frodocooper

The reset button on the V9's I have dont do anything. I can hold them down for over a mintue and still no beep. I formatted an SD card with FAT32 and copied the firmware files bitmain posted for the V9 Miner onto the SD card. I then inserted the SD card into the miner and turned it on. The fans started spinning at max and now both the red and green led are staying on. Ethernet light is flashing but nothing is showing up on my router. Any ideads?

you may not have incorrectly configured the static IP address address i had a V9 the Controller went up after i tried to set the static IP address a few others in this post a few pages back had the same problem, i had to get the V9 replaced.
the two i have now work great on a static IP. it doesn't happen to everyone,I believe it's the same controller used on the S9 an T 9 .. I Know for sure  it is not the same controller used on the L3+ AND D3 ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
chrisbfrpky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:01:31 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 02:53:41 AM by frodocooper

I tried formatting my SD card then i copied the files from the link you posted onto this sd card. Is this the proper way to make the sd card readable for the miner?

If you formatted the SD card, normally just copying the files will not create a bootable disc. The software is based on an image and not an exe file. You'll need to do an internet search and find a program to burn the image to disc, in your case it will burn the image to the SD card. My comp came with an iso viewer that also burns images to disc, you may have something like it already installed on yours. I used it to burn an image to my old S-2 SD card and it worked perfectly. Sometimes just a right click on the image file will bring up a menu that will allow you to burn the image to disc. Hopefully your comp came with something too.

I'm sure you already know but for anyone that may not, they need to download an IP scanner to search their network for the miner during the first boot up or anytime the V-9 is set to DHCP. After finding the miner, sign in with username "root" and password "root" to set the network and static IP settings.

Chris B.

rfisher1968

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:40:39 PM

When I extract the file(Antminer-V9-20180312-600M) that I downloaded from bitmain, it does not have a img file. How do I extract as a img file?
zac123

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:10:14 AM

Had mine arrive today, only tested one so far but Nicehash only works for a few mins then doesn't pick up anything and Slushpool gets around 45% rejected shares rate :S

Will test the others tomorrow

BTW yes I have updated the firmware to the latest version

i have this problem too. did you find a solution?
Andy1969

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:42:08 PM

When I extract the file(Antminer-V9-20180312-600M) that I downloaded from bitmain, it does not have a img file. How do I extract as a img file?
Hi. I downloaded the firmware update from bitmain and extracted it to my desktop with winzip. I then opened the antminer mining software, clicked upgrade and at the bottom of that page was the was an option to update firmware from the folder I had on the desktop. Took around 3 mins to update to latest firmware, and no need for the sd card. Hope this helps.
evade_57

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:56:20 PM

Received my V9 and it looks and smells new

I recommend getting a 14AWG power cord to run at 120V

The standard computer grade 18AWG computer cord gets really warm at 4T/hs

or run the miner at 3T/hs / 450 Mhz, the 18AWG cord doesn't get as warm and only pulling 891W at the wall here
sgaubatz

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:47:15 AM

Does anyone know how to get this up and running? I bought one and needed help with the firmware/drivers. Can anyone give me a link?
microtechies

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:14:48 AM

Does anyone know how to get this up and running? I bought one and needed help with the firmware/drivers. Can anyone give me a link?

You can find the v9 firmware here https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720180209143442409014df2DA0612
gekkeleo

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:32:09 PM

good evening,

do someone know if its possible to use starting diff.
i thought for cgminer, u use something like this  --suggest-diff 2000.in the password field.
but it doesn't work for me.
sgaubatz

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:36:48 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 02:26:36 AM by frodocooper

So, I take everything in this file and put it onto an SD card, correct. Then I slip the SD card into the slot on the device. I then turn it on and it should be ready to hash? Am I correct, or will I run into any other issues? I have gotten more help through Bitcoin Talk than through Bitmain CS.
Thanks
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Firmware? Drivers?
They are stand-alone miners and are plug and play, no drivers needed. Just provide correct power, internet connection, browse to setup page and run. Firmware rarely needs to be changed.

Have you even looked at a Bitmain manual? S9 manual is here Setup will be same for yours.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
sgaubatz

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:05:58 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 01:25:18 AM by frodocooper

Firmware? Drivers?
They are stand-alone miners and are plug and play, no drivers needed. Just provide correct power, internet connection, browse to setup page and run. Firmware rarely needs to be changed.

Have you even looked at a Bitmain manual? S9 manual is here Setup will be same for yours.

Okay, I tried putting the firmware onto an SD card. I put the firmware assist on there also. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have both red and green LED on when I power on the device. I feel like I am a step closer to getting up and running. I tried this manual and downloaded the IP thing. I press the IP button for five seconds or more and no beep. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
sami3121

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:27:47 AM

I've had a bunch of issues with these machines. Tried to flash new firmware on one unit via SD card slot after incorrectly configuring the static IP once. The reset button does nothing on any of my machines. When i tried to flash the new firmware all that happened was the machine fans started spinning at max RPM and now both the green and red LED remain on. The machine does not pop up on my LAN. Please let me know if you find a way to flash the system or if you've found a way to reset your system.

Additionally try looking through your browser password history to the last good password on the V9 machine you're having issues logging into. It is possible you changed the password and maybe forgot?
jwright412

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:52:05 PM

I've seen several comments about high numbers of rejected shares.  I'm having the same issue unless I mine on extremely low difficulty.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
CryptoCrane

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:09:33 PM

I've seen several comments about high numbers of rejected shares.  I'm having the same issue unless I mine on extremely low difficulty.  Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Hi JWright412,

Most often, high reject rates are related to having poor latency between you and the pool you're using. The 2nd most common cause is an overwhelmed (or poorly configured) pool. Rejected shares typically do not indicate a problem with the device itself. I would highly recommend trying a different pool. We have found pool.bitcoin.com to work quite well with our V9s during testing.

sami3121

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:20:16 PM

since you have a few V9's any chance you've been able to restore a control board using the SD card slot I've been on this fourm for a month now posting about this issue i'm having with my V9. If so how did you so it? I'd really appreciate any help you many have.
longman77

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:25:32 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 09:35:19 PM by longman77

Is there a problem with V9 login? The V9 that I have gets past login. The V9 has spinning fans, hot air and flashing green lights. I can find IP with advanced IP. When I put that IP into Firefox or Chrome browser I get the proper login form. When I type in the (user name) root and (password) root then hit enter, the login form goes away briefly then comes back with the user name and password blank. When looked at with AdvancedIP click on V9 entry it says "does not have permission".
zac123

Activity: 114

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:41:08 AM

Is there a problem with V9 login? The V9 that I have gets past login. The V9 has spinning fans, hot air and flashing green lights. I can find IP with advanced IP. When I put that IP into Firefox or Chrome browser I get the proper login form. When I type in the (user name) root and (password) root then hit enter, the login form goes away briefly then comes back with the user name and password blank. When looked at with AdvancedIP click on V9 entry it says "does not have permission".

sounds to me like your user name and or password are incorrect. are you sure you didnt change it from root, root ?
evade_57

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:00:23 PM

Question for the experts:

Antminer V9 running at 450mhz and an APW3++ pulling 891W at the wall at 120V (80% rule for the PS)

If I add another AP3W3++ and hook it up to two hash boards and use the original for the other hash board & controller will this be OK?

I understand that the PS with the two hash boards would have to be turned on first, followed by the other PS with the hash board & controller

I don't have an option to run 220V in the garage

The garage circuit is on a ground fault circuit  breaker in the panel and the only other load is the 8W LED post light along with the outside plugs which are not used.

Safety first o/c  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: