Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin legal and illegal countries  (Read 5122 times)
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 02:44:42 AM

Although the present government here in my country did not yet legalize the cryptocurrency, they welcomes the idea of using it as a alternative currency by the people. Local central bank are now crafting a regulation for the use of cryptocurrency before finally legalizing it. In the coming years, some countries that bans cryptocurrencies will finally give in to the clamor of their citizens to allow the use of the coins in their country, one fine example is China.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 04:04:06 AM

In my local, bitcoin is illegal just because of one issue, at least all the responsible people say, "Bitcoin will ease the money laundering."
Our political leaders to Govt job holders, all are corrupted. Drugs are being dealt by political leader.
Then what's wrong with bitcoin?
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 04:29:26 AM

In my local, bitcoin is illegal just because of one issue, at least all the responsible people say, "Bitcoin will ease the money laundering."
Our political leaders to Govt job holders, all are corrupted. Drugs are being dealt by political leader.
Then what's wrong with bitcoin?

None! The problem with Bitcoin is that it disrupts the system. There will be many people, your politicians included, and businesses within the current rotten system that will be displaced with the adoption of Bitcoin. They wouldn't be happy with that.

Anyway, the figure is nice. At the very least, we have the developed and advanced countries on the side of Bitcoin's legalization. They are also much more huge in number as compared to those which are against Bitcoin's legalization.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:03:42 AM

For me, bitcoin will be legal and illegal to some countries because of the tradition, beliefs, economic state, security, and many more. Some country prohibited it because of the issue of bitcoin and its capability that can transact an operation that hard to encrypt who is the user behind on it. Also, some countries can’t catch-up to the technology, especially to the third world states. I hope too the country that doesn’t already ban bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies finish their work and accept bitcoin and another cryptocurrency.  Smiley
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:45:33 AM

The fact is that we can take for example India and the United States of America, where there are negative statements regarding cryptocurrency.  But at the same time, quite a lot of cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency companies operate in the United States, which already have official registration.  And in India, negative statements are supported by negative intentions, which can lead to criminal liability for the use of cryptocurrency.

But also at the same time there are positive statements from the US at least,,, and you can even read some Indian ministers like crypto and say there is no ban. Like you point out, the fact that you can get a license in US means at least there is some regulation going on and people cannot just simply open a scam exchange at will. That I like about regulation.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1232
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 01:09:57 PM

Bitcoin is becoming popular day by day. Reduce people's interest in easy transactions and price Rise. Some countries questioned the legitimacy and questioned. However, many countries of the world have given legitimacy to Bitcoin. We need to know about this issue for those new people. Those who did not know what to expect and would benefit them. Bitcoin has been given the list of validity and cancellation.

Bitcoin countries to get legitimacy:

Solvenia, Switzerland, Ukraine, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Lithuaia, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Bosia & Herzegivina, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, New zealand, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Canada, United States, Mexico, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Vietnam, Lebanon, Turkey, Iran, India, Pakistan, China, HongKong, Japan, South Korea, Tuiwan .

Bitcoin Cancellation Countries:

Algeria
Bolivia
Ecuador
Kyrgyzstan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Cambodia...

This information is good for me when considering traveling without bringing much cash. I doubt the legitimacy in Vietnam because their state prohibits the use of bitcoin as a means of payment and exchange of goods. Iran is actively opening up for Crypto, I really like this.
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:57:57 PM

Bitcoin is becoming popular day by day. Reduce people's interest in easy transactions and price Rise. Some countries questioned the legitimacy and questioned. However, many countries of the world have given legitimacy to Bitcoin. We need to know about this issue for those new people. Those who did not know what to expect and would benefit them. Bitcoin has been given the list of validity and cancellation.

Solvenia, Switzerland, Ukraine, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Lithuaia, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Bosia & Herzegivina, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, New zealand, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Canada, United States, Mexico, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Vietnam, Lebanon, Turkey, Iran, India, Pakistan, China, HongKong, Japan, South Korea, Tuiwan .

Algeria
Bolivia
Ecuador
Kyrgyzstan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Cambodia...

This information is good for me when considering traveling without bringing much cash. I doubt the legitimacy in Vietnam because their state prohibits the use of bitcoin as a means of payment and exchange of goods. Iran is actively opening up for Crypto, I really like this.
not only in Vietnam but in Indonesia bitcoin is also prohibited as a means of payment and exchange of legitimate goods, but may be owned as assets and risks borne alone, so in Indonesia the status of bitcoin is neutral.

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 03:08:01 AM

I do not believe in this. I mean. Do you really think that the government of at least one country wants to destroy its economy? Bitcoin is created just for this. Deliver us from intermediary. And the state is exactly the same intermediary.
When I hear about the legalization of BTC. I hear about total control BTC.

Oh yes, i live in one. Something about Lenin saying that destroying the currency and the economy also destroys the capitalists. The only result of this dogma is the masses impoverished even worse than before, since those with the means could flee or remain in positions of power after the "revolution"...

Ask yourself this question: What country in this world has its coin valued less than 1 satoshi? And incidentally, which coin has the highest inflation right now?

Yup, "government" wanting to destroy its economy exists, its right here come and see for yourself... (or better don't, you could get in serious trouble).

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 10:15:18 AM

not only in Vietnam but in Indonesia bitcoin is also prohibited as a means of payment and exchange of legitimate goods, but may be owned as assets and risks borne alone, so in Indonesia the status of bitcoin is neutral.
Bitcoin on Indonesia isn't netral potition, like The presiden of indonesia said : https://www.cnnindonesia.com/teknologi/20190316234831-185-377908/jokowi-minta-muda-mudi-indonesia-paham-soal-ai-hingga-bitcoin
so, we have to learning it and focus for developing it, maybe on the future it can be payment solution
Kamog

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 11:32:23 AM

Bitcoin hasn't been legalised here in Nigeria but it also isn't illegal our government hasn't said anything about the legalisation of bitcoin yet but i am sure bitcoin would soon be a widely accepted mode of payment across Nigerian stores.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 02:46:25 PM

Countries such as Indonesia and Nigeria hasn't taken a hostile stance towards Bitcoin (unlike the case with China and India). They are likely to wait for sometime before finalizing the strategy. I am not very excited about the future prospects of Bitcoin in third world nations, because most of these governments are not going to be comfortable with a decentralized quasi-anonymous currency.

The stance taken by the US government is going to set a precedent. As of now, it is 100% legal to own and trade Bitcoins in the United States. However, the recent statements by Donald Trump indicates a possibility that the government may take a more hostile stance.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 03:33:37 PM

Countries such as Indonesia and Nigeria hasn't taken a hostile stance towards Bitcoin (unlike the case with China and India). They are likely to wait for sometime before finalizing the strategy. I am not very excited about the future prospects of Bitcoin in third world nations, because most of these governments are not going to be comfortable with a decentralized quasi-anonymous currency.

Many countries in this list are in the same (neutral) position. technically not illegal, but still not embraced, or adopted. I can tell you the people from the central bank of one of the countries mentioned in the "legal" list don't like Bitcoin. That country is actually neutral, but they have an exchange "control" that you could technically violate using bitcoin (and several people do that). Unattended, this could lead to illegalization due to politicians being ignorant and fearful that their pretty "controls" are getting ruined (people out there that condemn the free market) by evil Bitcoin.

And my country isn't even listed which is even more hilarious, but lets ignore mine, satoshis are now worth more than our fiat anyway.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1232
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 03:41:25 PM

Yes, that is a barrier but if Indonesia has a channel to convert OTC to national currencies, it will be a way to motivate people to own Bitcoin and other currencies. For other travelers it is extremely inconvenient because it takes them time to convert to another currency. Hopefully the future has a kind of wallet that could allow the conversion of Bitcoin and crypto types into national currencies.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:24:40 AM

Many countries in this list are in the same (neutral) position. technically not illegal, but still not embraced, or adopted. I can tell you the people from the central bank of one of the countries mentioned in the "legal" list don't like Bitcoin. That country is actually neutral, but they have an exchange "control" that you could technically violate using bitcoin (and several people do that). Unattended, this could lead to illegalization due to politicians being ignorant and fearful that their pretty "controls" are getting ruined (people out there that condemn the free market) by evil Bitcoin.

And my country isn't even listed which is even more hilarious, but lets ignore mine, satoshis are now worth more than our fiat anyway.

Your post was very interesting and then I checked and found out that you are from Venezuela.

What you are saying is correct. The national currency has got so much devalued, that it is now worth less than Satoshi. I am not very familiar with the legal status of cryptocurrency in Venezuela. I don't think that they have banned it in anyway. However I heard that they wanted to create their own crypto, named "Petro". So similar to many other countries, the legal status can be defined as grey (undefined). They haven't jailed anyone for using Bitcoin yet. So be cool and continue to use Bitcoin.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:53:23 AM

Your post was very interesting and then I checked and found out that you are from Venezuela.

What you are saying is correct. The national currency has got so much devalued, that it is now worth less than Satoshi. I am not very familiar with the legal status of cryptocurrency in Venezuela. I don't think that they have banned it in anyway. However I heard that they wanted to create their own crypto, named "Petro". So similar to many other countries, the legal status can be defined as grey (undefined). They haven't jailed anyone for using Bitcoin yet. So be cool and continue to use Bitcoin.

I think Petro has already been used by Venezuela in more than a year. This was their response to a spiraling value of their Bolivar, which they highly think as a result of subtle interference by western countries, particularly the United States. Right now, with a very high inflation and Bolivar almost left valueless, the rise of Bitcoin is apparent. Venezuela should be listed together with countries where Bitcoin is considered legal.
guydin

Activity: 686
Merit: 103

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 08:14:14 PM

Venezuela airports use cryptocurrency already. To avoid sanctions, even the government uses Bitcoin. I do not even mention people, who hurry up to exchange their hyper-inflated money to BTC or dollars (here, everything depends on the preferences). Some ex-Soviet countries that reject crypto would have to accept it finally, as people really need it much.

blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 06:38:37 AM

indian crypto traders and Indian policy makers are trying hard to made bitcoin and crypot currencies legal in india which may happen soon with new draft proposed to crypto friendly by some of the news makers
CODE200

Activity: 1414
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 07:00:16 AM

Algeria
Bolivia
Ecuador
Kyrgyzstan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Cambodia...

Until now there are countries who are still didn't want the cryptocurrency to pass in their places even though it can help their country to be more rich. I wonder if the reason is because of the people who uses bitcoin to buy unnecessary things and use it for gambling.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 07:45:04 AM

Actually it is very difficult for every country to legalize bitcoin as a means of payment, and these countries do not want to destroy their currencies that they have long applied, but from most countries only use systems used by bitcoin, such as blockchain technology because there are so many countries that have used this technology, in accordance with the needs of consumers and technology that has been very advanced, maybe only some countries have legalized bitcoin as a medium of exchange or payment instrument ..
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 02:14:27 PM

In Croatia we already have rules how to pay taxes on the profit from crypto trade, we can exchange crypto in the Croatian ost (stated owned company) can pay to some merchants with bitcoin etc.
So, even there is no specific law about bitcoin or crypto, it's fully legal to use bitcoin everywhere. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀