Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-02-05] UK Bank LLoyds Doesn’t want Anyone Buying The Bitcoin Dip  (Read 282 times)
VanAllen

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:29:26 PM

Been with Lloyds pretty much my entire life but I'm now considering voting with my feet and leaving.

I've been looking at Monzo bank. Anyone here using Monzo or got any other recommendations?

I emailed Monzo with a few questions about crypto trading, etc, and received a very favourable reply (in less than an hour!).

You should consider leaving. The banks don't give the slightest damn about your loyalty to their business. They only see you as a number in their revenue statistics. If they actually block your credit card from buying crypto, then stop doing business with them. Just move to another bank that will.

I think it is very dangerous to buy the bitcoin with credit card. If the bitcoin does not rise within the interest free period, the buyer is in trouble.

I agree that people shouldn't get into debt to buy cryptocurrencies but using a credit card doesn't necessarily mean that you are spending money you cannot afford to repay. Many people (like myself) use credit cards like debit cards, having funds available to clear the balance immediately, or even to credit the funds to the credit card account before making the transaction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: