Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I watched my $5000 metamorphose to $2075 :(  (Read 345 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:18:49 AM

Most people I know locally are all upset and losing their minds.

They either bought somewhere around $15000 or so and are completely underwater losing over 50% of their money.

Or they bought earlier in the year at like $7k and didn't sell at all at $20k and ended up selling at break even.

Along with what happened with the stock markets, it's a very bearish month so far

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
princesspoppy

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:33:43 AM

If you're going to sell now, yes for sure you'll lose that $2925 of yours but if you'll be patient enough to wait until crypto stabilize and recover, you'll see that your calculated lose will turn into profit or even more than that, so keep waiting, our market will surely recover.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Roidz92

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:58:56 AM

Forget investing in land or gold... bitcoin is the real game..  that was OCT-2017.

I started poring my small savings into crypto and for last 4 months I have invested $5000 on and off and did not get a chance to cash out a single penny. Just kept buying different crypto currencies and ICOs.

But as of today if I calculate all my crypto empire its valued $2075.

Where did I go wrong?

I'm sure no body scammed me.. I did all my prior research before buying any crypto currency or investing into any ICO. But still I lost $2925.

Is it only me or all of us (new comers) have similar story. Yeah we missed the honey-moon period of bitcoin but it would go this bad, I never thought of it Smiley

I feel your mood, but trust me, if you are not planning to buy more at this dip, just relax and wait. You did nothing wrong, you just bought in a "wrong" moment if we wanna talk in short term period.. but in a long term period, you did the right move. I can't see a coin/token that has a better price than december, so we are almost everyone in the same boat. Just wait.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:26:27 AM

It will go down even more as well so try to cheer up. I lost 95% of my net worth in less than 30 days so you can understand the condition I and my family are in because we made the big mistake of not selling our coins and tokens in the boom time. It has cost us a lot and now it will take forever for the market to recover. I do not think the whales will let us small people profit. From now on I will just follow the whales and when market is in Euphoria mode, will dump everything and then buy when everything is low again.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
kikoy999

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

Forget investing in land or gold... bitcoin is the real game..  that was OCT-2017.

I started poring my small savings into crypto and for last 4 months I have invested $5000 on and off and did not get a chance to cash out a single penny. Just kept buying different crypto currencies and ICOs.

Where did I go wrong?

I'm sure no body scammed me.. I did all my prior research before buying any crypto currency or investing into any ICO. But still I lost $2925.

Is it only me or all of us (new comers) have similar story. Yeah we missed the honey-moon period of bitcoin but it would go this bad, I never thought of it Smiley

we're having a problem so you're not alone in this problem too much profit loss since the bitcoin price has dropped.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:03:42 AM

I cannot stay calm seeing this Crash, I mean this is real huge for us to handle. I still don't know why everybody is still dumping their holdings when we already get up to 60% of loss. Stop loss methods? This is crazy. I recently uninstalled portfolio tracking apps, this is the only thing I think that'd help.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:12:44 AM

There are many people that did worse than you, so don't worry about it too much. I'm guessing you haven't traded for a long time, but try to forget about the prices, don't check everyday, and come back in a month. If you sell right now, you will probably regret it.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:21:02 AM

Are you drunk?? Or you just want to make more posts and topic to increase your total activity?? Bitcoin was around $5k in october, and it reach above $6k early november, and start rally mid november so how could you said that you lost half of it?? I buy half of my bitcoin at that time around and sold it when price reached below $10k but i still got altcoins and so far when the price coming back, i haven't lose shit because all my investment was just back to square one to the price where i bought it at the first. I suggest you look for reality before you post anything, even you can analyze it at coinmarketcap
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

my dear Einstein friend... why you would you even think that I bought $5000 worth bitcoins in one transaction? i bought in different times first in sep/oct and then at $8000, then $13000 and also at $15000. More you did not read I mentioned I did try to trade some coins here and there which contributed to my total loss. BTW as of today i lost even more now at $1645 Smiley

Honestly, I think the best option in your case is just to keep those coins and forget you have them for at least a couple of months, even years.
If you keep checking how much you've lost, you might be tempted to sell them at a loss one day.

It's likely that Bitcoin will again reach or surpass it's former value, but you will have to wait quite a bit for that to happen.

tipac

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:31:29 AM

i have been to this situation about 4 times in my life
i remember when i bought oil 3 years ago and it went down 10% every day and i felt the sky is falling,  but i kept my spirit high and i thought rationally, how can oil disappear ? trucks, planes will fly and use it. well, i kept all my oil stocks and after 2 years they started to rise slowly and back on track. it happened same when i bought some REIT stocks when realty crashed and i kept my spirit high and just didn't cash out.
the moral is: you only lose if you cash out.
if you don't believe in bitcoin why did you invest in first place ? that means you are a speculator - and most speculators are losers.
But if you believe in this and you think of it in long term you don't have to worry
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:58:38 AM

Where did I go wrong?

Many newbie here have experience same fate that you did or even worse though you do your research before investing or buying the coins mayne your entry price are usually at high but i to be fair with you current market price was way low than it was on nov -dec price obviously those who hold until now are losing more than half of their portfolio and thats include me. you are not alone

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:03:04 PM

No one scammed you, it happens. Unfortunately, you bought at the top when some whales decided to cash out for profit. Do not worry, it is a market, it will recover and by then you will be calculating your profits rather than your losses. I had the same feel some years back when I started investing into crypto and now, my investment has grown to the point that I really do not bother myself whatever happens.

If you have the guts, you can even buy more during the red zone of the market, but as time goes on, you will get used to it when you are swimming in profits.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:00:43 PM

Where did I go wrong?

You didnt go wrong. You just entered the market slighy too high. This is really not a problem if you are patient and can wait. Just wait it out sooner or later you will be happy you waited.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:02:52 PM

Where did I go wrong?

You went wrong because you were gambling on various cryptocurrencies and ICOs in the hope it would make you rich.

Next time, do your research, and make a plan for your entry price and exit price. And only invest what you can afford to lose.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:07:34 PM

Nothing wrong with you bro. Just keep it to 2020 and you will multiple your investment.
But first you need to convert it into BTC.

Where did I go wrong?

satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:07:49 PM

I also experienced similar things but made it a valuable experience and teaching even though we have researched ICO, the altcoin. we must be wise in making decisions
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:24:58 PM

Right know just you have to do is to hold and invest more into it. The time you have invested to till now you have learned a lot of profit. Last month when the cryptos mass increase rapidly do not know you have earned a profit at that time.  Now the loss is both the market as well as investors are encountering, not just you. So what to do is calmly analyze the market situation and continue to hold instead of selling off.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:48:29 PM

Where did I go wrong?

We can see at the moment that bitcoin prices have started to rise again but actually the momentum has not been strong yet and is facing huge resistance at $ 8500. As far as I can tell if bitcoin can break this threshold, it could reach $ 9400, but if it fails to break the $ 8500 mark, the bitcoin price will fall to $ 5100. We can see the market is constantly changing and difficult to guess so we need to be careful with the steps.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:31:05 PM

What is the problem?
Bitcoin falls due to negative news and stupidity of power.
But nobody canceled growth, it can not grow infinitely, without correction.
What is happening now, the chance to invest a smaller amount to get more income in the future!
It is funny when people think bitcoin will just keep growing on and on without having some test of the support once in a while which is where we get the corrections. This is a good time to even invest the more. We have a market that has come to stay, so the mistake anyone will be making now is to panic. The market will recover and even bounce back better than before.

In fact, I expect everyone to know this before investing which is the reason we always end up having a lot of panic sellers, and this is what is making the institution to always win by instilling FUD into the market.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:13:50 PM

Where did I go wrong?

We can see in the past few days bitcoin prices are continuously reduced but can see the past two days bitcoin has turned and rebounded again. But if you watch bitcoin the past few days, bitcoin prices are leveling off at $ 8300 and it is difficult to overcome this milestone as selling power is extremely strong. I believe that only bitcoin will go down tomorrow and hit $ 5100 in the coming days.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:30:00 PM

Now the whole market is in a wild drawdown. But the market is on correction. So wait. After correction, the price increase will begin. And you will read this post in the summer and smile. Because in summer your investments will become much more than $ 5000. So have patience and wait.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: