Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase to Gdax Btc transfer lost in cyberspace?  (Read 242 times)
Sergiel (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:39:21 PM

Apporoximately 6 hours ago I transferred approx $90 worth of bitcoin from my coinbase wallet to my Gdax account using the Gdax transfer option. The status of the transfer shows up on both Gdax and Coinbase as complete but still no btc balance in my gdax account. 

Something is obviously wrong as the transfer from Coinbase wallet to Gdax is supposed to be instataneous.  Of course no way to speak to a real person at coinbase or gdax for assistance.

Any ideas what went wrong and where my btc is?

Thanks in advance.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobrh

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Mine however was a full bitcoin. I made a deposit to GDAX, i received an email from coinbase saying that the deposit had been received and another saying the transfer to GDAX had been successful but the funds never showed up on the GDAX side. It's over $17,000 worth, I am really freaking out. I did open a support ticket but I understand that can take days to weeks. I called and was met with a recording that said due to the high call volume they couldn't help and to call another time. Incredibly frustrating.
quantumcat

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:49:56 PM

I think you can relax since it is between gdax and coinbase. Usually a transfer between gdax and coinbase is done instantly like you've probably experienced before, now there's probably just some delay/tech issue within coinbase and it is all logged in their backoffice for sure. I understand the frustration and I would be concerned as well, coinbase need scale up their customer service as much as possible to handle the absolutely huge amount of new customers they get on a daily basis, but I guess they are doing this already. One thing you could do is to write to them on twitter too.

Good luck with your issue here, I think it will be solved soon!  Smiley

0lllie

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:52:06 PM

I have the same problem, 24 hours ago i tried to transfer ~$1000 btc from coinbase to gdax, the btc was sent from coinbase but never recieved in gdax... still no sign of the money and coinbase support is a nightmare.

have any of you with the problem recieved your btc yet?
Ringtoo

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:41:48 AM

Apporoximately 6 hours ago I transferred approx $90 worth of bitcoin from my coinbase wallet to my Gdax account using the Gdax transfer option. The status of the transfer shows up on both Gdax and Coinbase as complete but still no btc balance in my gdax account. 

Something is obviously wrong as the transfer from Coinbase wallet to Gdax is supposed to be instataneous.  Of course no way to speak to a real person at coinbase or gdax for assistance.

Thanks in advance.

I AM JUST WONDERING WHAT IS THE SITUATION NOW? Huh Huh
clip123

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:39:09 AM

Thanks in advance.

I AM JUST WONDERING WHAT IS THE SITUATION NOW? Huh Huh

Have you guys heard of Gemini? Try it. They are better in many ways.
Sergiel (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:49:52 PM

My bitcoin eventually showed up approximately 3.5 days later.  Very frustrating but glad it showed up.
johnnyaverage

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:12:11 PM

Hi guys, I am waiting for my BTC since 02.01.2018, no reply from the support.Do you guys have any advice, how can you reach them?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: