Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex is adding USD trading and opening up for new accounts  (Read 238 times)
Fileiro (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:33:39 PM

This is great news in my opinion.

Both on the ability to cash out or park in USD in stead of Tether and also because a lot of the decline we've witnessed in crypto lately have been driven by the ability of a few whales to tank the market at will without new buying being allowed to absorb the manipulation.

Could also be a signal that Bittrex realize that unless they want to try to make money in a multi-year bear market, they need to let in the fresh money being kept out of the market. Hopefully Binance and other exchanges who have shut out new signups will follow suit shortly.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-cryptocurrency-exchange-bittrex-to-add-usd-trading-reopen-new-user-sign-ups

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:38:50 PM
Merited by 1Referee (1)

Great news. Finally we can something positive among all these bad news and huge price drop in recent days.
Adding of USD is huge step forward by Bittrex. When they will enable new registrations, I can imagine how many people will sign up on Bittrex. From my own experience, support of Bittrex isn't very bad, but it's great to hear that they are hiring more staff and preparing for huge wave of new users. And I hope that after adding of USD to their exchange, they will get rid of USDT completely.

cryptodairy

Activity: 70
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:41:59 PM

Finally some good news!

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@pozzecco/6700usd-might-be-dip-of-the-bitcoin-i-don-t-say-it-the-moving-averages-says-so-check-it-out-bitcoin-technical-analysis

BEAT➢ The Crypto Currency for the World of Sports
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄       INVEST NOW AND GET 100% BONUS        ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
https://beat.sportalliance.co
visiblehand

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:47:42 PM

Other than Bittrex, Bitfinex and Binance, does anyone know which exchanges have closed to new registrations at any time in the past few months?
Dfinest

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:47:49 PM

It's good to hear, the constant stream of bad news makes me sick. I hope this will be a turning point for the whole crypto market.
kdiag

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:01:32 PM

undoubtedly this is excellent news, but this news also has a negative reflection on the cost of bitcoin. of course in the future will change, because the interaction takes some time.
thelemot

Activity: 241
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:10:45 PM

good news from the many bad news that hit the bitcoin price down, hopefully other exchange will follow a policy like bittrex. and in the future bitcoin prices will rise again.
Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:12:29 PM

This is a great news to all of us. If they going to add USD then they should fix their UI. Something's fishy about their site, I remembered the days that i bought my coins at a cheapest price but sad to say they are all gone in my history i know some of you experienced this. Well i hope this USD trading pair wiil be added soon and it will be successful for all of us.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:27:34 PM

And I hope that after adding of USD to their exchange, they will get rid of USDT completely.

I hope so too, because the actual need for something like Tether is completely gone once the exchange in question has actual USD trading available. I am however not that confident in Bittrex to ditch Tether since it allows them to generate a decent sum of income due to the people not being able to trade with actual fiat. Cutting off Tether entirely will mean that a fairly large group of users will have no other option than to move their 'business' elsewhere. It's great that Bittrex will allow people to deposit actual USD, but it's what every exchange should be doing. People see it as a great step forward because of how exchanges were relying on Tether to fill up the gap left there due to the absence of actual USD pairs. It's ok news.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:31:42 PM

Great news. Finally we can something positive among all these bad news and huge price drop in recent days.
Adding of USD is huge step forward by Bittrex. When they will enable new registrations, I can imagine how many people will sign up on Bittrex. From my own experience, support of Bittrex isn't very bad, but it's great to hear that they are hiring more staff and preparing for huge wave of new users. And I hope that after adding of USD to their exchange, they will get rid of USDT completely.

Why great news? It takes weeks if not a month to receive information back from their support team if you ever get in need to contact their support. It is good news for bittrex of course they are doing all the best for their exchange to start to pick up volume and earn on trading fees. I don't trust bittrex much tho, I've been reading that some people got their funds trapped after they haven't noticed that they will require IDs and some people submitted ID and weren't able to withdraw still + support seems slow. I don't have any experience with them as I don't use their exchange, was using it in the past and all was smooth, but after hearing complaints it tells me that they don't value their customers as much as they value earning money. They've been acting a bit shady lately.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:34:08 PM

I just checked and bittrex is not open to new accounts unless you are a corporate client or a select invitee, so it's not open to people in general. I am unable to open an account with them as are most ordinary people. Even with corporate clients they are saying they can't guarantee to open an account. So it really is very limited. I also know they are not responding to support tickets for over a month, if at all. So overall it's not a good place to be as far as bittrex is concerned.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:49:41 PM

Why great news? It takes weeks if not a month to receive information back from their support team if you ever get in need to contact their support. It is good news for bittrex of course they are doing all the best for their exchange to start to pick up volume and earn on trading fees. I don't trust bittrex much tho, I've been reading that some people got their funds trapped after they haven't noticed that they will require IDs and some people submitted ID and weren't able to withdraw still + support seems slow. I don't have any experience with them as I don't use their exchange, was using it in the past and all was smooth, but after hearing complaints it tells me that they don't value their customers as much as they value earning money. They've been acting a bit shady lately.
I can't speak for others, but I didn't had bad experience with Bittrex. Support always answered my tickets within a day or two. Last time when I had to contact support was over month ago, I don't know, maybe things had changed since then. Yeah, there was some issues with ID verification and it affected reputation of Bittrex. But so far there are no exchange without any cons - some have terrible support, some are very laggy, others involved in shady activities and etc. In my eyes Bittrex have least disadvantages among other exchanges

I just checked and bittrex is not open to new accounts unless you are a corporate client or a select invitee, so it's not open to people in general. I am unable to open an account with them as are most ordinary people. Even with corporate clients they are saying they can't guarantee to open an account. So it really is very limited. I also know they are not responding to support tickets for over a month, if at all. So overall it's not a good place to be as far as bittrex is concerned.
So far they didn't announced date when they will enable new registrations, but according to announcement it will happen soon.

TRYDENT

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:39:44 AM

Great! Now it is not necessary to withdraw funds from the exchange to transfer to dollars
tigermonkey

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:46:44 AM

This is a great news. But all cryptocoins are going down today. Hope they will reach bottom soon and reverse.

Fileiro (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

About Bittrex as an exchange:

1. Yes, their UI is horrible. And the buy/sell history is deleted after a few weeks, wtf?

2. Their customer service SEEMS to have crumbled under the weight of both the rush of new signups during bitcoin's top in December plus Bittrex's whole 'Operation Cleanup' where they purged unwanted/dodgy users, probably in a panic due to the IRS' newfound love for the crypto-market. I will say though, that when I had to reset the 2FA on my account it only took me two emails and about a week and a half during the whole 'Operation Cleanup', so that wasn't TOO bad.

3. The original article in my first post in this thread seems to indicate that Bittrex wants to get rid of their retail customers entirely. NOT cool if true Sad
visiblehand

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:58:20 PM

3. The original article in my first post in this thread seems to indicate that Bittrex wants to get rid of their retail customers entirely. NOT cool if true Sad

That seems really unlikely.  They may just be trying to adjust expectations.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:09:03 PM

it is a good news but unfortunately it is a news from a scam exchange. it would have been great if this news was about any exchange other than bittrex.

they are no longer trusted among traders and they lost a lot of their users when they decided to scam them and then they lost a lot more because they left them when they saw the scam.
they may be desperate  for volume at this point which is why they added new pairs!

--looking for signature--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: