Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide due to losses due to investment in virtual currency  (Read 2393 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:37:56 AM

Sad
A Korean student has committed suicide after falling into a depression because of a big loss of money invested in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. A 20-year-old Korean student has been found to have committed suicide after falling into depression due to huge losses in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. The body of the victim was found at his home. The victim has earned 200 million won (about 200,000$) from investments in cryptocurrency.
it's so sad. Rest in peace.

Life is beautiful because God did not create it one-sidedly. He provides us different situations in life whether it is a happy event or something aweful. But those problems are just tests for us. To be able to change not for yourself only but others will also learn from you. Life is amazing so as God. Let his death be a lesson to every one. R.I.P.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:38:41 AM

Sad
A Korean student has committed suicide after falling into a depression because of a big loss of money invested in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. A 20-year-old Korean student has been found to have committed suicide after falling into depression due to huge losses in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. The body of the victim was found at his home. The victim has earned 200 million won (about 200,000$) from investments in cryptocurrency.

Suicide is not the answer on losing profit, it only happens that this person does not really tried to study about cryptocurrency on how the market really works and that results to depression which leads him/her to commit suicide. This person can still get up his/her profit by working on bounty campaigns if he/she is just knowledgeable about cryptocurrency then he/she will not commit suicide.

fuding12

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:20:06 AM

Sad? Why would it be sad that a moron ended his life because he gambled and lost?

Come on dude, you should not say that, before you know the truth of the story. I think you should not say that person is a moron. Because, the student initially get a profit of 200 million Korean won from his investment. Then, due to South Korean government regulations to curb the cryptoecurrency market, the value of the virtual currency dropped at the end of December. Of course, this leads a blow to the student's investment. After that, the student showed signs of depression. She reportedly relied on prescribed sleeping pills to help ease her symptoms. Until finally, he was found dead in his room.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:42:41 AM

Sad
really shameful, even though he lost a huge amount of money but the way such a mindset is really unethical, making the decision to end his life by suicide is not the best way because the depression he faces is very heavy. if he is able to rise from his failures and keep trying to avoid losses, I think, can certainly find a way out because previous failures can be used as learning and experience for the future.
ravenyvolle

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:59:52 AM

Did he gamble it and if he did what site? At the gambling sute i was playing, i saw some player lose over 10 bitcoins which is a huge amount of money and he seems and acts like a kid(a 20 yr old). I would love to know more information about the story and sorry for the family and loved ones he left behind. It is a lesson that dont invest or gamble the money you can not afford to lose.
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:21:42 AM

Clear me one thing is it possible that suicide will bring your loss back? Nope but you will lose your life also everyone need about that thing. Don't disheart on any loss if you can face in life because win and loss is the part of trading. And money is thing which is came from one side and go to other side so just enjoy your life. Keep your self safe and try to protect your life not your money.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:25:10 AM

I didn't get the point how could he loose the money? Yes the price for all coins dropped down, but it wasn't 0 and bitcoin didn't stop to exist. I do not wish to say anything bad about the guy, but he was an impatient newbie who doesn't know that bitcoin is a bubbling pot and after drop always follow raise.
jhezmark

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:45:11 AM

loss is not the answer to commit suicide. Because you can earn money using bitcoin . and in here you will never loss your invest but your investment will be earn or your investment will grow your money fast. God create us not to suicide but god create us to live and be happy in life with bitcoin.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:51:46 AM

Sad

My friend told me about this suicide incident he read here in this forum, suicide is not the answer on your depression. When a new trader has recklessly invest a huge amount of coins without looking at the situation of the market then this person will probably lose a huge amount of profit so always try to ask reliable person to give you advice when you should invest.

Toden1379

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:06:06 AM

Depression is a mental illness that should not be taken lightly. You can say it is not entirely his fault. A lot of triggers can set off people with depression to commit suicide. Losing money in crypto is normal and happens all the time but for these people it's a switch. RIP and hope that people who knows anyone with this illness should do an intervention.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
imadmirer

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:07:28 AM

When you enter into anything it is indeed important to give your 100%. But it is also important to know what you are doing. Successes and losses are essential part of life and more so in business and much more in trading. One may find lost in the world but that is not the end of life. And certainly one should not end one's life. Ending life is not the right thing to do.

When you make an investment it is important to bear in mind the worst situation that can arise out of it. And when such a situation does come, it is important to face it. And the golden rule is always 'invest/trade that which you can afford to lose.' The guy seem to have invested all that he had and ended up losing. This is the greatest mistake. Very sad.

Considering investment or trading as a gamble is another serious problem. True, we cannot predict accurately what will happen tomorrow but the thing is there are many parameters to be considered in trading and investment. It is an art and certainly a skill to invest and trade. And the skill is backed by verifiable knowledge and experience. It is not prediction.

Consider playing a game of chess. Does it amount to gambling when you do not know what the opponent is going to move? You will respond depending upon the situation on the board. In the same way, you react and act depending upon the markets. Handling depression is essential when it comes to high degree investment and losses. Like market, the circumstances will surely bounce back.

allfriends88

Activity: 560

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:17:54 AM

According to me, it's a personal thing that isn't very good and things that have no morals. If the price of the bitcoin down should our attitudes don't panic or stress due to his bitcoin price any time rise will go up by itself. so we face all with a cool head and a calm heart.

Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:20:27 AM

Cryptocurrency is not for the weak. If you invest on cryptocurrency yo have to be ready for the worse scenario.  Korea is one of the highest suicide rate in the globe so this thing is most likely to happened. Government should launch a  program to avoid such doing.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:40:48 AM

Life is all about risk,nothing is worth dieing for, I lost in 2016 to ponzi scheme,brace up myself,forge ahead was introduce to bitcoin,pick up my life again,have made above what I lost then,Suicide is not an option,the guy is weak,cryptocurrency is fo the strong.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:53:18 AM

is this news right? please give me the information link!

I think this is a risk that crypto users should accept. not having to commit suicide. by that I am not excessive in making investments.

I hope there will be no more victims due to depression of crypto losses. and the solution is that we must have a spiritual soul.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:39:59 AM

Heartbreaking. Crypto is definitely not for weak people  Cry
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:51:55 AM

Sad

Its very sad to hear news about this and this can really be attributed to a scenario in which not everything is rainbows and sugary tops when you are investing on cryptocurrency and bitcoin. This means that we really have to take in to account that sometimes having a big failure is part of being successful and being successful means that you are able to go through every failure big or small

Y U MAD AT ME
cl37007

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:57:16 AM

That is very sad and why I have not invested anything I cannot afford to lose and if the value of my crypto sky rocketed and then dropped I wouldn't see it as losing alot of money as I never actually had that sum in the first place

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:26:30 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

I find it interesting how some other Koreans decide to take their anger to as well, after reading this: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/cryptocurrency-traders-in-korea-react-to-bitcoin-bloodbath-2018-1

Honestly, I think that this is pathetic. Doesn't even have anything to do with cryptocurrencies.

All I see is a bunch of greedy people that are trying to make money off the crypto bubble and failed to do so because they entered the market at a very unfavorable point. They took the risk themselves so they should take responsibility for it.

What good does committing suicide do? Or kill your own laptop or whatever. That just shows your incompetency if anything. Crypto isn't even supposed to be a tool for making money, these people know nothing about crypto and are just looking at it from the wrong perspective.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:35:37 AM

That is very sad and why I have not invested anything I cannot afford to lose and if the value of my crypto sky rocketed and then dropped I wouldn't see it as losing alot of money as I never actually had that sum in the first place
Even though you invested more money than you can afford to lose then you still need to understand and study the risks of your investment because i think that he did suicide because of the losses that he cannot accept and that is why it is best to study about it first and do a lot of research before putting any money into virtual currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: