Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with removing bitcoin transaction  (Read 173 times)
RickSan (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

I have some problem with removing bitcoin transaction. Mybe somebody can help me. I use bitoin core and some days ago a made a transaction with low fee but this transaction was not show in blockchain only in my bitcoin core wallet. So I remove my wallet.dat file, restart bitcoin core and insert private key from previous bitcoin wallet in hope that bitcoin core will show the correct balance without this transaction. So bitcoin core made this transaction once more but before this transaction bitcoin core made another transaction to the bitcoin address, which I do not have.
eb90ebe8d36c6a2fe2080f3a05662dc9cb8cf50a0fec4e8dc61ee3a76c3ea82a
So the question is what is this address and how to recieve my bitcoins back.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:00:15 PM

I don’t fully understand your question. But the transaction you mention has been confirmed 900+ times, so you won’t be able to undo it (except, perhaps, by asking the recipient to return your funds and hope they’ll comply).

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
RickSan (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:54:52 PM

1. You can't cancel/remove your transaction once it broadcasted, expect the fee is extremely low and removed from miners/nodes mempool which is impossible by now since some people on reddit that TX with 1 sat/byte can be confirmed after few days.
2. Bitcoin Core don't make transaction without user consent.
3. Your transaction already confirmed long time ago (https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/eb90ebe8d36c6a2fe2080f3a05662dc9cb8cf50a0fec4e8dc61ee3a76c3ea82a)
4. Only you who knows about address where you sent your bitcoin to.
5. There's no way to get your bitcoin back, unless the can contact the owner of that address and he/she/they willing to give your bitcoin back.

Also, why would you delete your wallet.dat since it contains many address and i think you could lose your bitcoin since Bitcoin Core use one-time address and change address.

1. I know that transaction can't be canceled or removed
2. When I send transaction of 0,5 btc it was not added to blockchain, so just my core wallet show that it was send. So this trasaction wa not confirmed by any miners.
3. To take this coins back to the balance of bitcoin core I remove wallet.dat and restart my bitcoin core. Bitcoin core reated new wallet.dat and I added private key from previous bitcoin wallet.
4. But when integration was dane, bitcoin core was send this transaction once more butbefore this transaction core automatically send 0,12 btc to some address, which I do not know (I or somebody else never use this address)
5. I know that these transactions is already confirmed
6. The question is waht is this addres? Where and why bitcoin core made this transaction?  And how to take my 0,12 btc back, if it possible?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:15:53 PM
Merited by HeRetiK (1), ABCbits (1)

- snip -
6. The question is waht is this addres? Where and why bitcoin core made this transaction?  And how to take my 0,12 btc back, if it possible?

Are you asking about the 0.12413236 BTC which were sent to 1K1xArpDHtkmPpg9bNLgpBxTqw8xw3SDPE
Huh

If so, then:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change

That was a "change output" that Bitcoin Core used to send the extra value back into the wallet.  As long as you have a backup of the wallet that you used to create the transaction, then you still have access to those bitcoins.  If you deleted that wallet, and don't have a backup, then you deleted the private key associated with that address, and you no longer have access to the bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: