Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:43:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: allow newbs into the "honest trader list" thread  (Read 934 times)
Houdini (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:08:44 PM

I've made several trades already with people who can't confirm me because they have less then 10 posts while I can confirm them. And by the time they get out of the newb section they'll probably forget about confirming me, while others may never get out, because they only registered to do a one-off trade with me and don't care about posting on this forum.
So it's really irritating that half of my confirmations can't be delivered because of the rules for newbs, you all know how much a good reputation is worth !
Please someone solve this problem so anyone can confirm anyone !

P.S.
I know there are other places for such confirmations, but I use this one.

P.P.S.
How many confirmations would you consider a "flawless reputation" for doing a trade with, that is someone you'd trust completely even though you've never traded with them ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:16:37 PM

You can't honestly tell me that anybody reads that thread. Just tell them to leave feedback for you on bitcoinfeedback.com (I have no relation to this site)

Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 08:09:45 PM

Anybody ? Actually everyone I've traded with so far has confirmed me in it if they could and most of them checked me out on it before contacting me, and I've checked out some of them as well. Nobody "reads it" literally but you open it and enter the name of your potential trading partner into the search box. It's extremely usefull, if you don't find it usefull that's your problem.
And I guess it has 664 replies and 31818 views because it's useless too, ey ?
You know what they say about opinions, they're like **** because everybody's got'em.
x0Jakeyboy0x

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:45:24 AM

You can't honestly tell me that anybody reads that thread. Just tell them to leave feedback for you on bitcoinfeedback.com (I have no relation to this site)

Looks like this could be a good website. What's to stop people from false feedback though?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:23:50 AM

Looks like this could be a good website. What's to stop people from false feedback though?
Information about the transaction needs to be provided.

As for the topic at hand, I did some thinking about it. The reason why Newbies shouldn't be specially allowed to post in that thread is because their feedback can't be trusted. I could make 20 accounts right now and have them rate me in there. In a way, the newbie restrictions make that much harder.

Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 06:36:31 PM

The reason why Newbies shouldn't be specially allowed to post in that thread is because their feedback can't be trusted. I could make 20 accounts right now and have them rate me in there. In a way, the newbie restrictions make that much harder.
You have a point there. But maybe that could be solved in another way, like some kind of verification to register. At least e-mail confirmation if nothing else, it's not as easy to create 20 different e-mail adresses (especially from a different provider).
If you really can create 20 user accounts on this forum just like that, than that situation should be remedied ASAP, because I know for a fact a lot of users trust the information in that thread implicitly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: